4.7-star rating glitch

dimana_att

I’ve been hearing stories about the 4.7-star rating glitch and I think it finally reached me so to speak. My last few orders all have glowing feedback, and the clients are contacting me for additional work: at the same time, however, they all left 4.7 stars, with one star off the Communication with Seller section.

Of course, it can be a simple case of my buyers thinking my communication is lacking but given that it’s always the same scenario, I think I might have fallen victim to the glitch. Fellow sellers, how do you approach the issue - with both clients and CS?

I would feel really bad asking the buyer why they took a star off and it seems presumptuous to ask if they meant to leave 5 stars but only left 4.7, but at the same time, if it’s a glitch, it’s impacting my star rating… Any tips and guidance would be heartily appreciated!

Guest offlinehelpers

I’ve been hearing stories about the 4.7-star rating glitch and I think it finally reached me so to speak. My last few orders all have glowing feedback, and the clients are contacting me for additional work: at the same time, however, they all left 4.7 stars, with one star off the Communication with Seller section.

Of course, it can be a simple case of my buyers thinking my communication is lacking but given that it’s always the same scenario, I think I might have fallen victim to the glitch. Fellow sellers, how do you approach the issue - with both clients and CS?

I would feel really bad asking the buyer why they took a star off and it seems presumptuous to ask if they meant to leave 5 stars but only left 4.7, but at the same time, if it’s a glitch, it’s impacting my star rating… Any tips and guidance would be heartily appreciated!

I would feel really bad asking the buyer why they took a star off and it seems presumptuous to ask if they meant to leave 5 stars but only left 4.7

Best not to - your buyer might feel bad as well.

if it’s a glitch, it’s impacting my star rating

Please complain to CS - they’ve known about the 4.3/4.7 bug for ages, and yes, it is having an impact on sellers.

I also had this issue of 4,7 star getting freezed even if i got a ton of 5 star ratings for a couple of months. i asked CS twice and the both times they said it was not a bug and its all in the math. I had no option but to wait. after some time, the ratings started to respond. im not sure if that was a bug or the 60 day cycle getting affected.

I also had this issue of 4,7 star getting freezed even if i got a ton of 5 star ratings for a couple of months. i asked CS twice and the both times they said it was not a bug and its all in the math. I had no option but to wait. after some time, the ratings started to respond. im not sure if that was a bug or the 60 day cycle getting affected.

I’m wondering if it might be other than a strict mathematical percentage.

Don’t ask, if you do you’ll be accused of manipulating (or trying to) manipulate the buyer and get a warning that’ll stay on your analytics for 30 days.

What if you message your customer “Thank you for purchase! I see you’ve left a 4.7 star rating. May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?”

Most of them say “well you didn’t reply to me fast” or some other response, which is whatever.

What if you message your customer “Thank you for purchase! I see you’ve left a 4.7 star rating. May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?”

Most of them say “well you didn’t reply to me fast” or some other response, which is whatever.

May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?”

I think something along these lines could be very useful.

I’m always looking for feedback from my buyers, getting a lower rating than I’m used to would definitely have me curious. Tough part is buyers aren’t always available for feedback during the process, that’s when I get nervous around review time lol

May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?”

I think something along these lines could be very useful.

I’m always looking for feedback from my buyers, getting a lower rating than I’m used to would definitely have me curious. Tough part is buyers aren’t always available for feedback during the process, that’s when I get nervous around review time lol

I’ve done this and I’ve never gotten introuble. You shouldn’t get in trouble. If it is anything it is to help improve your service for future customers.

I’ve done this and I’ve never gotten introuble. You shouldn’t get in trouble. If it is anything it is to help improve your service for future customers.

yes, I would be very particular about how I worded it.

All I know is I asked a customer who blatantly lied is his review to “give an honest review”… didn’t ask for a 5 star, or a great review… or offer anything in exchange… and I got a warning about manipulating… which stuck with me for a month.👀

My thing was - our communication had been GREAT up until he reviewed, so should have been 5 stars, I did exactly as described on my gig description - easily validated, so… should have been 5 stars. And lastly if he wouldn’t recommend me, that’s his prerogative, so 1 star was cool… BUT all 3 categories were 1 star, which was far from an honest review. Ultimately, HE was abusing the system, by giving a dishonest review… so I asked him to change it to an accurate reflection of how our transaction had been, and that was enough for me to get a warning.😶

So… that being said, I’d just be real cautious in saying anything. I steer clear now.

Thank you for purchase! I see you’ve left a 4.7 star rating. May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?

This is a fantastic response, thank you.

I tried that, however, and I immediately got the red warning under the message. Knowing how Fiverr is with automatic warnings, I have a feeling I’ll get a strike regardless of how I phrase it (so that it’s clear I’m not asking for 5 stars but simply looking for a way to deliver 5-star experience) 😕

Thank you for purchase! I see you’ve left a 4.7 star rating. May I ask if there is anything else I can do to make sure you have a 5-star rated experience?

I tried that, however, and I immediately got the red warning under the message. Knowing how Fiverr is with automatic warnings, I have a feeling I’ll get a strike regardless of how I phrase it (so that it’s clear I’m not asking for 5 stars but simply looking for a way to deliver 5-star experience) 😕

As far as I can see, you can’t say “review” OR “rating” or “star” lolol…😂

🤐

My response said review as well, and was flagged. … merely asking for an “honest review.”

Because with my method, technically I am not asking for a change in review or any modification of some sort. It is a way of room for improvement.

Archived