Fiverr Community Forum

4.9 is the new 5?

My overall rating used to be all 5.
Yesterday I have two new orders rated 5 stars and my overall ratings turn 4.9 which not make sense to me and I asked CS is that a bug but he replied not a bug.

Just my small rant, good luck.

3 Likes

Hello, you would need to do the math to understand why your score is now 4.9. It drops seemingly for no reason because of the math, which involves how many reviews you have in the last 60 days. It’s not wrong. It involves math.

Add up all the review stars you have in the last 60 days. Then divide that number by how many reviews you have to get your actual score.

So if you got 10 five star reviews in the last 60 days, that is 50 stars.
Divide 50 by 10. Your score would be 5.0.

8 Likes

I’m confused about ratings. My lifetime rating was stuck on 4.9 for what seemed like forever. I don’t care about such things, so I didn’t pay this much attention. Then I noticed that my rating went up to 5-stars!

I didn’t get overly excited. I know that one non-5-star review can send you back down the ratings ladder. However, now I am back down to having a rating of 4.9, despite not having a non-5-star review. (All my reviews for the past 3-months have been 5-stars.)

As I said, though, I don’t worry about things like this. When you do. it’s the fastest way back to the asylum.

4 Likes

Your rating can go down if the total number of reviews you have goes down. So that would make the less than five star reviews count more. I’m talking about over a 60 day period.

3 Likes

So it calculated with the last 60 days? Now I knew, I thought it’s lifetime for the words ‘overall’. I not really care about the ■■■■ 0.01 but just make sure I knew why it happen. Transparency seem what Fiverr need to push in the future, you see now I got the answer from a seller on forum instead of an explanation from CS. CS just told me it calculated by the system, that’s it, didn’t said it calculated by the last 60 days. Thanks for the reply.

2 Likes

For me, the response rate has been stuck on 99% for 2 weeks now. Even though I reply to every single message, even the spam ones, I unspam it, reply, then mark it as a spam again (just in case).
99% isn’t bad, but it just bothers me when I look at it, and I feel kind of silly to contact CS about it (I might do so one day) for just this 1%, but I am 100% sure it is a bug.

As far as I know, in your profile it’s calculated over the lifetime. In the analytics page it is calculated over 60 days.

2 Likes

Asking CS about that is useless (like what I just did), they only gave you template answer, which what we had expected.

1 Like

Wait, if you said so, I referring to the “Review as Seller (xxxx)” section. That should calculated over lifetime right?

So before I got 2 new 5 stars review, it’s displayed 5.
After I got 2 new 5 stars, it turned from 5 to 4.9.

Is this make sense?

1 Like

Our friend @maitasun is a whiz with numbers and she created this post.
Maybe she will come along and have some info to help you understand your rating.

5 Likes

Thanks @vickiespencer for calling me in. :wink:

@chrisdata, could you kindly tell me what are your ratings? How many 5*, 4.3*, etc. You get the idea?

You have too many reviews for me to quickly check them all.

3 Likes

I looked at your profile and I see what you mean. That does not look correct to me. You have too many five star reviews to have a rating of 4.9 in two categories.

You need to work out the math exactly on this before again approaching CS. Make certain you have it right first.

1 Like

I think it’s hard for me to go through all reviews to categorize them, here’s what I wanna know, is this a bug?

My stats are 5,5,5
Before 2 new orders rated 5 stars.

After 2 orders get rated 5 stars, it become: 5, 4.9, 4.9

Is this right ?

1 Like

I would need to do the math. That is the only way. It’s not that hard. You would need to go back to those orders that you got less than 5 stars on. It might take some time to find them.
Then break it down by which things you got less than 5 stars on.

It’s possibly going to take that to convince CS it’s wrong.

2 Likes

In the past 2 months, you have 16 5* reviews, and 1 4.3* review. It probably changed because the orders prior to that 4.3* review had elapsed the 60 days, and so are no longer being counted. Your average over the past 60 days is therefore ~4.95. If you get 1 more 5* order, it should be high enough to round up to 5* again (unless Fiverr requires it to be closer to 4.99 in order to count as 5 stars, rather than a simple round up).

5 Likes

In other words, you didn’t drop to 4.9 because of the 2 new orders, but because of elapsed time (which happened to fall on the same day as your 2 new orders)

2 Likes

So you are saying what is shown on the profile is only from the last 60 days? That would make sense.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure - but given that this is how your other visible profile stats are counted, it would make sense. After all, if someone has 5,000 5 star orders, it would make it almost impossible for their rating to drop, even getting multiple low ratings, if they didn’t cap the duration for the calculation. This would lead to inaccurately reporting someone’s work quality if that person severely decreases (or increases) the quality of their work. Doing a recent (2 month) calculation would make more sense in terms of providing an accurate rating.

As OPs 4.3 star review was 2 months ago, his rating should increase back to 5 stars within the next few days regardless of any new orders if this is correct.

2 Likes

I had a couple of 4 star reviews in my last 60 day period before this one but my profile rating didn’t drop. My analytics score did drop to 4.9. It only stayed there for about one week so maybe that didn’t have time to show on my profile.

@chrisdata you could wait a week or two and see if your scores improve as you get a few more 5 star reviews.

1 Like

Hi Chris, the only way I can tell you if that’s right or not, is if you give me your detailed rating.

In a quick mode, I can only see your negative reviews and your 4.3 but other than those, I don’t know how many less than 5* reviews you really have, and I have no time to go through all +1k reviews.

Rating is an average calculation, so it must be done taking everything into account.

4 Likes