4 days ago I delivered

sureyou

I JUST DELIVERED https://www.fiverr.com/sureyou/create-campaign-for-website-audience
FOR EXAMPLE AND THE BUYER SAID, THIS IS WHAT HE IS EXPECTED. I SAID KINDLY GIVE ME REVIEW ON MY SERVICE AND I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO REVIEW WITH GOOD WORDS FROM MY HEART.
HE SAID NO REVIEWS WILL BE GIVEN - THE WORLD MOST BEST GIG NEVER BE REVIEW AND IT CAN BE A PART OF SATISFACTION.
IF FOR ANY REASON ALL BUYER WILL COME TO BUY THIS GIG THAN EVERYONE WILL KNOW THE BEST . SO BUYER HAS DIDN’T REVIEW AND SAID, WHAT I EXPECT, I GOT MORE AND I WILL BUY IT AGAIN. THANKS

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are actively encouraged by Fiverr to ask for a review.

What you are not allowed to do it influence the content of that review.

That IS considered review manipulation. He is asking a review so he will also review the buyer with a high rating.

You can ask fiverr yourself or try to send one of you client the same message.

People were banned for even smaller things.

Fiver doesn’t encourage anyone asking for a review they are already asking and reminding buyer twice with emails to review seller so there is no need for a seller to ask one more time.

What you are not allowed to do it influence the content of that review.

I never once got the impression I’m encouraged to ask for reviews. The buyer gets an automatic reminder from fiverr to rate/review (something along those lines, it’s been a while since I’ve bought something).

Moreover, people get warnings for even mentioning “review” these days and CS is notorious for ignoring the context.

That IS considered review manipulation. He is asking a review so he will also review the buyer with a high rating.

You can ask fiverr yourself or try to send one of you client the same message.

People were banned for even smaller things.

Fiver doesn’t encourage anyone asking for a review they are already asking and reminding buyer twice with emails to review seller so there is no need for a seller to ask one more time.

No, it’s not.

Fiverr encourage the seller to ask for a review.

Don’t believe me, watch this video: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses

35 seconds in.

As I said earlier, you cannot ask for a specific rating or message - but you can ask for a review.

No, it’s not.

Don’t believe me, watch this video: https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-quick-responses

35 seconds in.

As I said earlier, you cannot ask for a specific rating or message - but you can ask for a review.

Well then I would say good luck with that. I saw things suggested in paid courses that goes against fiverr TOS very obviously.

If someone want to risk it then by all means, I’m not going to stop you but we saw people being banned even by mentioning word “review”.

P.S Thanks for sending that video because Now I’m really not sure who is a non native English speaker here.

feedback and review are completely different things.

Feedback is when your buyer will send you their comments regarding your work and if they want any changes.

Review- well, review is a review.

No, it’s not.

35 seconds in.

I am stunned about that video - it says to ask for feedback which could be taken as meaning a review or as part of the revision request, however the last few seconds where it says to follow up with buyers if they didn’t leave a review is pretty clear.

There have been countless complaints/rants/gnashings of teeth where people got warnings, demotions or been banned for requesting reviews. Even the phrases 5 star and 4 star cause a flagging of the message. I would advise against it as review manipulation has been a huge thing over the past few months although you could use that video in your defence if you get a warning. If they decided to ban you there’s not much hope though so it’s a big risk to take.

Worth noting too that back in the days when requesting a review was allowed, I used to do it but my number of people reviewing has not changed since I stopped over a year ago. So it seems like it doesn’t make a huge difference.

Well then I would say good luck with that. I saw things suggested in paid courses that goes against fiverr TOS very obviously.

If someone want to risk it then by all means, I’m not going to stop you but we saw people being banned even by mentioning word “review”.

P.S Thanks for sending that video because Now I’m really not sure who is a non native English speaker here.

feedback and review are completely different things.

Feedback is when your buyer will send you their comments regarding your work and if they want any changes.

Review- well, review is a review.

Did you watch the video to the end?

Well then, this video surely explains the sheer number of complaints on the forum. 🙂

In any case, CS told me once I still could mention and discuss reviews with buyers “if I’m very careful with how I word my statements”. In OP’s case, he definitely shouldn’t do that, not in that tone, not in all caps.

Well then, this video surely explains the sheer number of complaints on the forum. 🙂

In any case, CS told me once I still could mention and discuss reviews with buyers “if I’m very careful with how I word my statements”. In OP’s case, he definitely shouldn’t do that, not in that tone, not in all caps.

CS told me the same - asking for a review is totally fine. Asking for a positive one is not allowed.

The problem with this forum/community is that it’s full of knowitalls spreading misinformation.

It must be frustrating for a new seller who just wants advice.

CS told me the same - asking for a review is totally fine. Asking for a positive one is not allowed.

The problem with this forum/community is that it’s full of knowitalls spreading misinformation.

It must be frustrating for a new seller who just wants advice.

asking for a review is totally fine. Asking for a positive one is not allowed.

Given Support’s knack for misreading what is being said by a seller, it is a risk that I don’t see as worth taking. What constitutes asking for a positive review?

Hi, I see you have marked the order as complete - if you are happy with my service, would you mind leaving a review?

This could be seen as manipulation by some but not by others.

In addition, and perhaps people were being less than honest when they said it, but there have been a number who have said they received a warning even though they just asked for a review.

In my case, I am a knowitall who wants to ensure people don’t get warnings/bans for something that is not worth doing anyway. Either way, it’s hardly the worst thing about the forum to be fair; have you even seen the My Fiverr Gigs category?!?

Given Support’s knack for misreading what is being said by a seller, it is a risk that I don’t see as worth taking. What constitutes asking for a positive review?

Hi, I see you have marked the order as complete - if you are happy with my service, would you mind leaving a review?

In addition, and perhaps people were being less than honest when they said it, but there have been a number who have said they received a warning even though they just asked for a review.

In my case, I am a knowitall who wants to ensure people don’t get warnings/bans for something that is not worth doing anyway. Either way, it’s hardly the worst thing about the forum to be fair; have you even seen the My Fiverr Gigs category?!?

195074_2.jpg.1e088807356100d15113a2943bb3894f.jpg personalletters:

@eoinfinnegan, how on earth can you expect coconut palms to give peaches?

I am stunned about that video - it says to ask for feedback which could be taken as meaning a review or as part of the revision request, however the last few seconds where it says to follow up with buyers if they didn’t leave a review is pretty clear.

There have been countless complaints/rants/gnashings of teeth where people got warnings, demotions or been banned for requesting reviews. Even the phrases 5 star and 4 star cause a flagging of the message. I would advise against it as review manipulation has been a huge thing over the past few months although you could use that video in your defence if you get a warning. If they decided to ban you there’s not much hope though so it’s a big risk to take.

Worth noting too that back in the days when requesting a review was allowed, I used to do it but my number of people reviewing has not changed since I stopped over a year ago. So it seems like it doesn’t make a huge difference.

Even the phrases 5 star and 4 star cause a flagging of the message.

Just last night I was typing a message to a buyer about a script translation, and I suddenly

got the flag message which shocked me. I had no idea why, and looked more closely at the

sentence I typed, which was something like

“…blah blah, and then I ran into a problem because line 5 starts with…blah blah blah”

The “5 star” in the “line 5 starts with” was what got it. I changed the 5 to a five and the warning was still there, so then I changed it to “line 5 begins with…” and I was OK. If I remember correctly, you can get a warning for typing “papaya” because it has the word “pay” in it. Won’t want to risk anything! 😩

Do you guys request ratings from your buyers or would that seem rude? I dont want to pressure anyone into doing anything.

The above is an interesting topic including an actual reply on the subject from Customer Support.

In my case, I am a knowitall who wants to ensure people don’t get warnings/bans for something that is not worth doing anyway.

I admit to being one of those too!

Do you guys request ratings from your buyers or would that seem rude? I dont want to pressure anyone into doing anything.

The above is an interesting topic including an actual reply on the subject from Customer Support.

In my case, I am a knowitall who wants to ensure people don’t get warnings/bans for something that is not worth doing anyway.

I admit to being one of those too!

But you’re giving people well intentioned, but wrong information.,

However the advice I am giving won’t get someone banned. This is an example of a seller who specifically states that he didn’t ask for a positive review. They actually asked for a review after the buyer approved the order - exactly as you (and that video) suggest is ok to do. Unfortunately, their poor use of English could have been the issue but CS doesn’t ask any questions. Now the seller’s account is gone and the fact they didn’t break the rules won’t be much comfort.

Hi community, I’m down right now and i pretty don’t know what to do and where to start as my account has just been suspended on my Birhtday for violation i didn’t commit. I woke up on this blissful Thursday to see my account has been suspended for feedback manipulation. Honestly speaking , i couldn’t record if i ever asked a client for positive feedback, nor ask them to edit their feedback. How could i get by account back up and running again? cv.thumb.jpg.0691c2875cf94450538e26af832540d5.jpg

I imagine that seller would have appreciated my well-intentioned but wrong information.

Edit:

Checked the link left by @lloydsolutions above and this is the comment with the response from Support.

Actually it is against fiverr rules. It is not clarified, I must agree, but it’s against fiverr rules. I already contacted fiverr support for this, and they make it 100% clear that sellers CAN’T ask any kind of review. [feedback]

Even if it’s wrong but it’s better to be safe.

My parents always told me: “even if you are crossing on the green traffic light still look around. It’s better to be safe and let a car speeding and crossing on a red light pass even if you have the right to cross instead of being right but dead”

And it’s not correct to say that we are all knowitall giving the wrong advice.

We saw it from all angles, we’ve been here for quite a long time and saw a lot of cases and people being banned for just asking to leave a review. Not even a positive review.

So what is better: to be right but with a banned account or “wrong” and safe?

Even if it’s wrong but it’s better to be safe.

My parents always told me: “even if you are crossing on the green traffic light still look around. It’s better to be safe and let a car speeding and crossing on a red light pass even if you have the right to cross instead of being right but dead”

And it’s not correct to say that we are all knowitall giving the wrong advice.

We saw it from all angles, we’ve been here for quite a long time and saw a lot of cases and people being banned for just asking to leave a review. Not even a positive review.

So what is better: to be right but with a banned account or “wrong” and safe?

Our parents thinking are similar. 😉

Archived