4 Things we wish we knew before starting Graphic Design

foxsquare

Hey Future Graphic Designers out there,

Here are the 4 Things we wish we knew before starting graphic design 🙂 Hope fully they will help you get a better start.

1. Listen:

Many of our experts agree that the world of graphic design is cut-throat. In order to thrive, it’s essential for designers to have thick skin and the ability to accept professional criticism. It’s important to remember that the client signs your paycheck and thus, has the final say … always.

Graphic design is a notoriously difficult—some might even say ruthless—industry so always keep in mind that new projects will come and go. If you get poor feedback on one design, you have to pick yourself up, brush yourself off and move on. Learning not to dwell on the past is an important skill that all successful graphic designers must learn to master.

2. Keep Evolving:

Once you graduate and land a job, the work isn’t over! The fast-paced design industry is constantly in flux, so it’s imperative for professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques in order to stay fresh and relevant.

As a graphic designer, you’re going to get out of it as much as you put into it. If you have no desire to develop as a professional and evolve with the industry, you’re going to get passed up in a hurry. Alternatively, if you stay apprised of the latest and greatest advancements, you’re more likely to distinguish yourself among your competition and continue building your client base.

3. Learning software isn’t all:

In this day and age, the term “graphic designer” has become a generic title awarded to anyone who has access to design software. Just because you have an old version of Photoshop installed on your laptop, doesn’t make you a professional graphic designer.

Our industry insiders insist that true designers are trained in the technical aspects, but also in the theory, history and traditions of the industry. For every aspect of your design, you should be able to explain not only how, but why you did what you did.

4. Love what you do:

Last but not least, our industry professionals agree that having a passion for design is paramount. If you don’t love what you’re doing, you will likely get burned out quickly. The long hours and harsh deadlines have the potential to take a toll on you if you’re not fully invested in your work.

They caution that sometimes it’s going to hurt. You may spend hours pouring your heart and soul into a project only to have a client rip it to shreds. But an optimistic attitude and a true love for conveying a clear message through a visual medium will help you stay centered and focused on your career.

we will be really happy to know about your tips so comment them in the section below 🙂

• Team FoxSquare

Credit:Callie Malvik

Even though you’ve taken a little out, overall this is still the work of the original author. It is always wise to give credit where it is due. No disrespect intended to you or to your Fiverr team at all, but it would be nice if you could note where you obtained the majority of the material.

Edit: Since I have the information at hand and the OP may have moved on, the author of this piece is Callie Malvik.

That’s what I did after Eid Vacation.

I almost giving up on fiverr. But I keep my head straight, and grind my gear.

Evolve is the key. Don’t sit too long in a comfort zone.

Thanks for bring this topic out, bro. I was about to make one. Hope your tips would be usefull for all fiverr’s graphic designers.

P.S: Can we have a convey on message, sometime? As a seller to seller?

Archived