5 things you probably didn't know about fiverr

sarcasticwriter

Imaginably, you’ve traded on Fiverr once or twice. And you’re familiar with terms like ‘gig’, chances are you have one of your own. I’ll take a wild guess here and say that’s as far as your knowledge of Fiverr goes, luckily for you I’ve got some interesting facts you probably never knew about Fiverr.

1. Fiverr is israeli : Yes, you read that correctly. Although, the common belief is that Fiverr is an american company, it isn’t. It was actually founded by two Israelis; Michael Kaufman and Shai Wininger. It has its headquarter in Tel Aviv, Israel and was founded February 1, 2010.
  2. Only two percent of sellers on Fiverr are over the age of 55: This might come as a surprise, but it’s true. Apparently, senior citizens aren’t much of a fan of Fiverr. Then again, who’s to blame them. My grandad hasn’t gotten the hang of “The Face-book” as he calls it.
  3. Fiverr is really popular: Since the beginning of 2013, Fiverr has been featured in the 100 most popular sites in the U.S. and top 200 in the world. Doesn’t seem like much right? But, considering the fact that there are over a billion websites in the world, it is quite the achievement to rank in the top 200.
  4. In doers we trust: Fiverr launched their multimillion Ad based campaign early 2017 with the slogan “In doers we trust”. I can’t help but say though, it sounds a tad familiar. The slogan has had its fair share of love and critism. But, it still stands valiantly on the website.
  5. Not everyone on Fiverr is normal: At number five is the most disturbing part of Fiverr, the fact that people will do the weirdest stuff for 5 dollars. Here’s a list of gigs on Fiverr: " I will dance to any song in a hotdog constume for 5$", “I will shout any thing you want in a banana costume for 5$”, " I will flirt with your boyfriend or husband for 5$" . Be cautious, that hot waitress could be a spy your wife or girlfriend hired to flirt with you to test your commitment . Just kidding! But you never know.

I hope you enjoyed my list and learning these new facts as I did. Thank you for reading.

Well, I can´t claim I never knew any of these facts, but that doesn´t make them any less interesting, I guess.

1 thing you probably didn´t know about the fiverr forum

Self-promotional posts are generally only allowed in MFG (My Fiverr Gigs) or, under circumstances, in NUI (New User Introductions). Flagging may or may not happen, and may or may not be accepted or diverted by the mods, but if you want to stay on the safe side and not want to risk your post becoming hidden by community flags, you might want to consider editing your last sentence.

Just kidding! But you never know. 😉

🍀

Imaginably, you’ve traded on Fiverr once or twice. And you’re familiar with terms like ‘gig’, chances are you have one of your own. I’ll take a wild guess here and say that’s as far as your knowledge of Fiverr goes, luckily for you I’ve got some interesting facts you probably never knew about Fiverr.

1. Fiverr is israeli : Yes, you read that correctly. Although, the common belief is that Fiverr is an american company, it isn’t. It was actually founded by two Israelis; Michael Kaufman and Shai Wininger. It has its headquarter in Tel Aviv, Israel and was founded February 1, 2010.
  2. Only two percent of sellers on Fiverr are over the age of 55: This might come as a surprise, but it’s true. Apparently, senior citizens aren’t much of a fan of Fiverr. Then again, who’s to blame them. My grandad hasn’t gotten the hang of “The Face-book” as he calls it.
  3. Fiverr is really popular: Since the beginning of 2013, Fiverr has been featured in the 100 most popular sites in the U.S. and top 200 in the world. Doesn’t seem like much right? But, considering the fact that there are over a billion websites in the world, it is quite the achievement to rank in the top 200.
  4. In doers we trust: Fiverr launched their multimillion Ad based campaign early 2017 with the slogan “In doers we trust”. I can’t help but say though, it sounds a tad familiar. The slogan has had its fair share of love and critism. But, it still stands valiantly on the website.
  5. Not everyone on Fiverr is normal: At number five is the most disturbing part of Fiverr, the fact that people will do the weirdest stuff for 5 dollars. Here’s a list of gigs on Fiverr: " I will dance to any song in a hotdog constume for 5$", “I will shout any thing you want in a banana costume for 5$”, " I will flirt with your boyfriend or husband for 5$" . Be cautious, that hot waitress could be a spy your wife or girlfriend hired to flirt with you to test your commitment . Just kidding! But you never know.

I hope you enjoyed my list and learning these new facts as I did. Thank you for reading.

Only two percent of sellers on Fiverr are over the age of 55: This might come as a surprise, but it’s true. Apparently, senior citizens aren’t much of a fan of Fiverr. Then again, who’s to blame them. My grandad hasn’t gotten the hang of “The Face-book” as he calls it.

How do you know?..Has Fiverr shared any stats with you?

On 9/1/2017 at 5:24 AM, writer99025 said:

How do you know?..Has Fiverr shared any stats with you?

No, not “with me” . But according to the Wikipedia review of Fiverr, stats were actually released. Although, the value may have increased since that period. You can confirm yourself through the link.

Fiverr

On 9/1/2017 at 5:27 AM, onlinedzshop said:

I knew most of them except the second one 😁

Great, someone who actually agrees with me that there are some lunatics on Fiverr. Haha

On 9/1/2017 at 5:28 AM, miiila said:

Well, I can´t claim I never knew any of these facts, but that doesn´t make them any less interesting, I guess.

1 thing you probably didn´t know about the fiverr forum

Self-promotional posts are generally only allowed in MFG (My Fiverr Gigs) or, under circumstances, in NUI (New User Introductions). Flagging may or may not happen, and may or may not be accepted or diverted by the mods, but if you want to stay on the safe side and not want to risk your post becoming hidden by community flags, you might want to consider editing your last sentence.

Just kidding! But you never know. 😉 🍀 

Let’s just hope they don’t catch on. Technically, the rules said I cannot post a link to my gig. I did not.

Guest offlinehelpers

Let’s just hope they don’t catch on. Technically, the rules said I cannot post a link to my gig. I did not.

I think they did catch on - your post was moved by @eoinfinnegan, a moderator, and you’ve moved it back again.

A bad move in more ways than one.

Not sure where in the world regards over 55s as senior citizens BTW, or where you got the idea there are ‘lunatics’ on Fiverr?

It’s safe to assume that we will always catch on.

Self promotion is only allowed in My Fiverr Gigs. You could just remove that part and move it back into the Conversations category though. It is pretty self-explanatory that this is a sample of your writing after all.

Undoing Mod actions is also not advised, it can lead to bad things.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum although I am a little disappointed - when I saw your name, I had a vision of the infamous @writer99025 having a sarcastic twin which would be interesting.

It’s safe to assume that we will always catch on.

Self promotion is only allowed in My Fiverr Gigs. You could just remove that part and move it back into the Conversations category though. It is pretty self-explanatory that this is a sample of your writing after all.

Undoing Mod actions is also not advised, it can lead to bad things.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum although I am a little disappointed - when I saw your name, I had a vision of the infamous @writer99025 having a sarcastic twin which would be interesting.

infamous @writer99025

That made me laugh :rofl:

Not everyone on Fiverr is normal

Not surprised! I’ve encountered a few interesting characters, it’s like they’re from a different planet or something. 👾

Not everyone on Fiverr is normal

Not surprised! I’ve encountered a few interesting characters, it’s like they’re from a different planet or something. 👾

Well guess what, I don’t mean to brag, but I’m quite the abnormal and crazy type!!! 😋

and oh, I myself am from a different planet. If you dance under the moonlight on the 13th with firecrackers in your hand, it will open a portal in the sky and it’ll beam you up to the planet. You’ll see me there! If your dance moves sucks though, the portal won’t open, sorry.

Well guess what, I don’t mean to brag, but I’m quite the abnormal and crazy type!!! 😋

and oh, I myself am from a different planet. If you dance under the moonlight on the 13th with firecrackers in your hand, it will open a portal in the sky and it’ll beam you up to the planet. You’ll see me there! If your dance moves sucks though, the portal won’t open, sorry.

Bwahahahahaha, while reading your comment this image ⬇️

Wait… could it be ET or Zeus?! 😛

ET_.jpg.36ed5aa6fdf8e94ea9bee95ae4722869.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived