Well. I have heared lots of people talking about promoting their gig outside of fiverr, but from my personal opinion if you dont have a personal fan based page in social media . promoting gig does not actually work there, you might get 1/2 order, but not enough
For me the best way is promoting gig inside of fiverr, as Fiverr already started this program, I am very happy with that option . i would suggest some tips how to use promoted gig service in fiverr, working for me , hope will work for you guys too
1st of all, if you are new seller you can make 7 gigs, for level 1 its 10 and for level 2 its 20!
so 1st thing you need to do is , create all the gig, just dont depend in 1 gig! have seen lots of people working for 6 months and has only 1 gig , and always complaining about not getting work!
dude, when you have only 1 gig, how can you get more work, as an example if you make 7 gigs that fiverr allows you as a new seller . make all 7 . that means your chance of getting order now 7 times bigger.
fiverr has some requirements , they dont allow to promote all of your gigs, i have 20 gigs, and fiverr allow me to promote 7 gigs , so if you have 7 gigs , fiverr might allow you to promote 3 or 4 gigs!
if you have only 1 or 2 gig, you might not have chance for those 2 gigs to be listed on the promotion
about the promotion price you can use 5 , 10 and 15% of your total selling price, that means if you sell a gig in 100$ , fiverr will take 20%, you will get $80. if you use extra 15% to promote your gig in fiverr it will be total 35% and when you sell $100 gig you will get 65$ instead of 80$!
so in that case what i did, all the gig i have i changed their price which was allowed to promote
if i have a gig of 3 packages - $5. $40- $70. i change the last 2 , I make them $5 $70 $100
so at the end of the day the price i supposed to get . its still the same or maybe more .
and trust me,. increasing price does make that different in getting order
as you can see in the image , i have sold 26 gig made 321$ in 1 month. believe me those gig was broken, no sells on those for 3/4 month. hardly i used to get 1/2 orders a month. now just 26 in one month! so you can see it really works
- lastly choose the best design to your display image . if you pay 35% to the fiverr, its sure, your gig will be seen by more people every day then before. but if your image is not appealing , it might not work well for your! cause 1st impression is the last impression, if you put something that easily eye grabbing , you can be sure you will get order, if you are a designer, dont use dark image. make it creative and colorful but not over the top. so if someone scroll fast. .it should still bang on their eyes
hope it helps