5 tips to avoid & manage negative feedback [ARCHIVED]

natalieab

Buyer’s feedback is an important tool in the Fiverr marketplace. As long as it is used properly with fairness and follow our TOS and editorial guidelines, it’s the buyer’s prerogative to rate the service they received.

Here are some tips to help you avoid getting negative feedback from buyers:

1. State clearly in the Gig description what’s included and at times more importantly, what’s not.

2. If you need sensitive info, such as admin, login rights and password, say it in the Gig description. Don’t surprise your buyers with permissions that you need, after they already placed the order.

3. Communicate with your buyers! The nice ones and the not nice ones; they are all your customers. Although some negative feedback come from buyers who are set on damaging your reputation, many buyers just want some attention. Talking to them can help you to encourage cooperation and buyer satisfaction.

4. If your buyers are not happy and want a do-over, look at their request and consider catering to them. It may not be arm-twisting by the buyers, but an opportunity to get repeat customers. Take this on a case by case basis.

5. If you have many orders in queue and don’t want to deal with a demanding buyer, you can choose to cancel, just be sure to factor in the possibility of negative feedback.

Support can help you out:
  • When buyers want something for nothing and try to twist your arm to provide that.
  • If your buyer uses the feedback as a sword rather than a shield.
  • When the negative feedback is strongly-worded, includes bad language, or is slanderous.
  • If the feedback reveals your work methods that are not commonly known

More tips for maintaining good ratings.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good, one.

but somehow there is a buyer, that never satisfied with. then boom you with a tons of gigs. that’s happen to me. unhealthy competition i think because in every gigs all about negatif comments no matter haw good the design.but who knows.if you wanna be the best some how you will meet with this kind of buyer.lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great post! Even though your customers are paying $5 for your services, it’s still important to go above and beyond of their expectations. When you do this, two good things happen. You get spectacular feedback and they’ll become loyal returning customers! 🙂

-Thuy

If you want to win the Game, follow the Rules CLOSELY.

But hey "if you wanna be the best some how you will meet with this kind of buyer.lol"

Then if front fails fall back. But if Back start to fall again, then as you See Something then SAY Something quickly and tactfully.

Fiverr Support desk from my own progressive personal experiences so far is actually A shoulder to cry on!

Than you all you Guys at F.S.D

Great post. Although many sellers won’t admit it, I’m sure most negative feedback is the seller’s fault. Juggling so many orders obviously can be tricky, and that can lead to problems.

I offer unlimited revisions too all my Gig customers, so hopefully I’ll never lose my 100% rating!

Archived