5 years on fiverr, NO SALE

clevadani

I know people will not believe this but that has been my experience on fiverr.
I joined fiverr in 2012 without any skill but since then, I have learned web design/development, photoshop, writing, wordpress, SEO, transcription etc. I have tried a lot of things and strategies like copying the style some of the gigs and tags of some of the best in my niche, promote my gigs on my several social platforms and so on. But it has been a really frustrating experience so far.
I’m beginning to think I will never make money on this platform.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined fiverr in 2012 without any skill but since then, I have learned web design/development, photoshop, writing, wordpress, SEO, transcription etc. I have tried a lot of things and strategies like copying the style some of the gigs and tags of some of the best in my niche, promote my gigs on my several social platforms and so on. But it has been a really frustrating experience so far.

It really is unbelievable

I kinda share your opinion too 😢

Wow, that’s awesome 😉

Do you think, copy other content and you’ll get sells?

I know it won’t

But I have published many gigs in my niche, edited and deleted endlessly. It now feels like a never ending loop.

I only followed the advice of some experienced fiverr gurus and that is why I copied the style of some top gig sellers in my niche.

I know it won’t

But I have published many gigs in my niche, edited and deleted endlessly. It now feels like a never ending loop.

I only followed the advice of some experienced fiverr gurus and that is why I copied the style of some top gig sellers in my niche.

Does the fact you haven’t made sales not tell you that perhaps the gurus (surprise, surprise) were wrong?

I can see from some of the other features of your profile etc. you’ve listened to the gurus’ advice about that as well. 😉

I know it won’t

I only followed the advice of some experienced fiverr gurus and that is why I copied the style

I’ve checked out one of your gigs, and you didn’t copy the style, you copied the whole gig description. That’s plagiarism.

I guess that you followed a “guru advice” when using a stock photo as your profile picture, too.

Your photo should be your own, and your gig descriptions should be your own. If you’re good at what you do and honest about your abilities, and if you stop using what isn’t yours to use, you might get some sales.

I have tried a lot of things and strategies like copying some of the gigs and tags of some of the best in my niche

At least he’s admitting it.

Fiverr is not for everyone.
If you did you best and didn’t get any sales then maybe it’s time to move on. It might sound harsh, but why would you waste another 5 years while you could focus your energy on something else.

We can repeat the same canned responses

• review your gig description
  • improve your portfolio
  • bid on buyer requests
  • promote in social media
    etc

But if you already tried it and it didn’t work then this platform is probably not for you.

small question - Do you come regularly at fiverr from last 5 years?

It’s funny - either you’re not illiterate or you might be 5 year boy!!

First time heard - a seller not get any order from last 5 years instead they are on fiverr regular user.

This ticket clearly shows - user want attention on this ticket only nothing else 😉

small question - Do you come regularly at fiverr from last 5 years?

It’s funny - either you’re not illiterate or you might be 5 year boy!!

First time heard - a seller not get any order from last 5 years instead they are on fiverr regular user.

This ticket clearly shows - user want attention on this ticket only nothing else 😉

I am not kidding. Though I haven’t been a regular on the platform because of other challenges, I have never stopped coming to check out my gigs.

The thing is that I get frustrated easily when I create a new gig, or make an edit to my gig and I don’t start seeing orders within the next few weeks. It is a never ending cycle.

I am only motivated if I see people with less technical skills making it on fiverr. This is when I return to try again.

And this is why I am seeking practical tips from fellow sellers on this forum. This is kinda like my last resort from. And if this isn’t successful, I’ll take uxreview’s advice and quit this platform.

I am not kidding. Though I haven’t been a regular on the platform because of other challenges, I have never stopped coming to check out my gigs.

The thing is that I get frustrated easily when I create a new gig, or make an edit to my gig and I don’t start seeing orders within the next few weeks. It is a never ending cycle.

I am only motivated if I see people with less technical skills making it on fiverr. This is when I return to try again.

And this is why I am seeking practical tips from fellow sellers on this forum. This is kinda like my last resort from. And if this isn’t successful, I’ll take uxreview’s advice and quit this platform.

As believing on your story - Get Learn first from : https://www.fiverr.com/academy and http://blog.fiverr.com/ and https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Events/podcast

you’ll get all tips and learning material at there 🙂

I only followed the advice of some experienced fiverr gurus and that is why I copied the style

I’ve checked out one of your gigs, and you didn’t copy the style, you copied the whole gig description. That’s plagiarism.

I guess that you followed a “guru advice” when using a stock photo as your profile picture, too.

Your photo should be your own, and your gig descriptions should be your own. If you’re good at what you do and honest about your abilities, and if you stop using what isn’t yours to use, you might get some sales.

Thanks for the advice bro. Already started making the required changes to my profile and my gigs.

ah gotcha.

so along with the fake stock photo you had and the plagiarized content, you outright lie too. Silly me.

I have no idea what you are getting at.

Are you simply going to attack me or help me. Because it is not funny.

I have ONE sale in five years!!! How is that different from nothing?

If you know that you can not help me, please let others do.

I am being highly dramatic. There’s just a little difference between zero and one.

I am being highly dramatic.

The thing is that I get frustrated easily when I create a new gig, or make an edit to my gig and I don’t start seeing orders within the next few weeks.

I’m sorry, are you 12?

I have no idea what you are getting at.

Are you simply going to attack me or help me. Because it is not funny.

I have ONE sale in five years!!! How is that different from nothing?

If you know that you can not help me, please let others do.

No one can run your own business for you.

Are you marketing yourself?

Are you here daily putting in buyers request and reading up on different ideas on the forum and in the Academy?

Are you tweaking your tags and keywords, trying new gigs, etc?

Or did you sit back and think Fiverr was going to make you rich without working at it?

WTF is a “Thoroughbred professional”?

@clevadani why does your timestamp say you’re not in the US but your profile states that you are? When you’re honest about yourself and what you can do, your buyers may take a chance on you. Until then, good luck.

If you seriously think you are at a dead end here, then this chat is not going to be worth it. Because out here, we all are sellers like you, fighting it day in and day out, to carve a niche for ourselves. If you want to succeed, you need to overcome the tendency to quit and stop looking it as your last chance.

Try and take all the suggestions mentioned in this thread positively and avoid the taunts. If others have succeeded, nothing prevents you from succeeding too, but your own shortcomings and the lack of will to improve.

So cheer up, chit chat here, but do start working on improving your profile, avoid looking for shortcuts and be positive. And even then if you don’t succeed, take a break, and come back again…it helps. But never ever quit!!

Most of the times…“The First step is the most difficult”.

Archived