Fiverr Forum

$6 just to talk and set up a budget?

I just joined. I have a Wordpress blog that only has two blogs on it so far. I’ve been learning Wordpress and have made some errors I can’t un-make. I’d like to reset my site and start over but can’t seem to figure this out. I also need to know who my domain host is - which I think you need to know to reset, or reinstall.

It seems a simple task for someone who is more experienced with Wordpress. I accepted an offer from a Seller to do this task but he wrote back saying the $6 was to just talk to him and set up a budget.

Is this how fiverr works? I had heard otherwise.

What does their gig say they will do?
That is the key. Sellers offer a service for a price, Buyer orders that service, Seller completes that service.

That said, I offer consultations in that way too but it should be clearly defined that the price only covers a consultation.
Did you read the gig description and the different options?

Some sellers can charge for a consultation, just like in real world, especially if they think it’s going to be a longer conversation, or they already have their hands full. Also, what seems an easy task for you might turn out to be a not so easy one :wink:

Yes. He never mentioned a consultation fee.
He says he does everything.

I say that’s fine. But, if that’s the case he needs to say so.

In that case, you can ask for a cancellation and if they refuse you can contact customer support.
Personally, even if they do agree to cancel, I would report it to customer support as that is a “Bait and Switch” technique which is not allowed.

“In that case, you can ask for a cancellation and if they refuse you can contact customer support.
Personally, even if they do agree to cancel, I would report it to customer support as that is a “Bait and Switch” technique which is not allowed”

I did cancel the deal, and I’m about to cancel on this site. I’m spending all my time trying to get help, less and less on my actual blog.

I can commend a couple of sellers if you like, you can send me a message here and I will give you the names.

I’m done. I don’t feel safe here. It’s not explained well enough and people are trying to take advantage of me. Several people want $200 for this task that I’ve been told will take less than 10 minutes to accomplish. It’s screaming scam at me.

Fair enough, it sounds like you have had some bad experiences. I was just offering to give you the names of people I know and/or have used before. However, they are not connected to me in any way, I am just happy to recommend professional people who do what they say they will.
What you described as the requirement does sound like it would be a quick job.

I saw your buyer request and it took me less than 3 seconds to move passed it. Here’s why:

• you had very limited information about the problem to even make a realistic offer
  • you don’t know who your host is yet you expect us to know it. Sure, we can find it out, but it’s not a good sign.

If you’re looking for a professional then use Fiverr search to find 2-3 candidates and contact them. If you post a generic request with limited information then you’ll mostly attract spammers and scammers.