60 Impressions, but Only 2 Clicks! What am I doing wrong?

lolaoretade

Hi, I’ve had my Fiverr gigs up for about a month now, and I haven’t had any luck whatsoever. I know I’m in a very competitive sector on the site, but only 1 or 2 clicks? That feels crazy. And I believe one of them might have been from a family member on my Facebook.

Is there anything I can do to make my posts better? I’ve taken the Fiverr “beginner” course and have tried to stick to being concise, informative, and specific about what I offered with not very “click-baity” images and language. But still - nothing! Any advice here would be wonderful.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 1 minute of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Standard copy-pasta out of the way, I glanced at your profile, and your thumbnails are tiny. While I’m sure they look okay full-size if someone clicks, the shrunken first-impression images are unreadable. A thumbnail is a big part of what entices a person to click in the first place. Have you read this Fiverr article yet? Fiverr Help and Education Center

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 1 minute of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (Fiverr Tips - Fiverr Community Forum). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Standard copy-pasta out of the way, I glanced at your profile, and your thumbnails are tiny. While I’m sure they look okay full-size if someone clicks, the shrunken first-impression images are unreadable. A thumbnail is a big part of what entices a person to click in the first place. Have you read this Fiverr article yet? Fiverr Help and Education Center

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I only skimmed parts of the Fiverr Help page because I took the whole course they recommended and that took a few hours and kind of gave a breakdown of all of the Fiverr Recommendations. I also themed my thumbnails off of successful posts, but I’ll look at them again. I didn’t realize they were so small, especially compared to others doing the same work.

But thank you. I appreciate your input a lot! And I’ll go through reading the tips. I mostly have been getting tips from YouTube videos and again, the course. I’ll spend more time in the community forums.

Lola

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I only skimmed parts of the Fiverr Help page because I took the whole course they recommended and that took a few hours and kind of gave a breakdown of all of the Fiverr Recommendations. I also themed my thumbnails off of successful posts, but I’ll look at them again. I didn’t realize they were so small, especially compared to others doing the same work.

But thank you. I appreciate your input a lot! And I’ll go through reading the tips. I mostly have been getting tips from YouTube videos and again, the course. I’ll spend more time in the community forums.

Lola

I mostly have been getting tips from YouTube videos

Careful with some of those. There are some good ones out there, but make sure they cite their sources. Standard warning: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

So many newbies are being taken advantage of here on Fiverr by a small minority of predatory “buyers”. This is my take on how to protect yourself, thereby reducing the chances of a cancellation or negative review.
Special shout out to @melissaharlowvo for the buyer requirements section. Enjoy!

Archived