Fiverr Forum

60% to 80% complete doesn't mean 100%

I have to admit, that I am very disappointed in my web developer. He started off well, through in some great ideas, but then stalled and has not performed to the task. Still dozens of spelling errors on the website and mismatched font sizes and slide effects. This despite my sending multiple website site map edits explaining exactly how WP should be laid out. I essentially have to release him from my project today and start from scratch. 12 days lost.

Buyers have very very limited funds and project deadline extensions for non-performing design consultants. For all designers (sellers) please explain your qualifications and pre-work strategy very precisely. Buyers should have basic expectations that their projects are progressing on time and up to the task.

Are we on the same page!

Thank you

Not sure what page you are on, but I am on page 3.

My recommendation for the best way to test an unknown seller would be to observe what questions they ask.

All my gigs have strict notation where it is stated to contact me prior to ordering.
The reason behind that is, I spend quite some time asking a LOT of questions on what the potential buyer wants exactly.

Most buyers already has a project plan set, so they are easy to work with.

Some buyers have an IDEA of what they want, but maybe lack the technical know-how or the expression to properly express what they really want. These buyers take the most time but here is where a good seller always excels in projecting the quality even before selling the service.
If you know your trade, you can easily understand where a requirement is coming from and assist your buyer in bringing into fruition the original :bulb: idea.

This is Fiverr, we don’t have TESTS that we know X,Y,Z, we don’t have VALIDATED portfolios that exhibits original work, we don’t have CERTIFIED certifications because you can add that to your profile without any verification.

So I believe emphasizing on noting how your seller speaks to you or proposes a solution, given an issue/problem, would be the ultimate method for your to gauge his potential ability to delivery your project.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

I’m not entirely on the same page as you. I could tell you I’ve got a degree in nuclear science and use to be an astronaut, but you’d have no way of verifying that.

Fiverr provides a platform for sellers and buyers; that’s all it does. A buyer needs to do their own due diligence to find a seller that can deliver their project and meet their expectations. It’s like hiring a plumber or electrician to do work on your house. I realise that Fiverr doesn’t really get this point across in their advertising. The way to make it work well for you as a buyer is to test several sellers on small gigs; see how they communicate and how they delivery. It does require some budget (don’t ask for free samples/work) and it does require a little lead in time, but at least you’ll have an idea of how they work and whether they understand what they’re doing.

Obviously this isn’t foolproof as some sellers will do great on small projects and not so well on big projects.

Thank you!
We live in an international social media world. Everyone’s resume and profile is somewhere on the Web. Sellers should be happy to list their professional skills and certifications minus their name and address. Redacted identity, but verifiable certifications.

No Buyer has time to continuously drop $5…here…$5 there multiple times to test a Seller’s skills. Buyers come to Fiverr with time constraints and real needs of project deliverables.

We live in an international social media world. Everyone’s resume and profile is somewhere on the Web. Sellers should be happy to list their professional skills and certifications minus their name and address. Redacted identity, but verifiable certifications.

No Buyer has time to continuously drop $5…here…$5 there multiple times to test a Seller’s skills. Buyers come to Fiverr with time constraints and real needs of project deliverables.

I mean fiverr is a platform where we don’t work under our names, we are not required to say who we are here so there is no need for us placing our certifications or etc. We have a portfolio and reviews, which are enough if you ask me.

And for web development, you should buy a gig that is more expensive.

When I worked in IT, one of my bosses said something that didn’t make sense right there and then, in regards to requestors/buyers knowing what they want but not knowing how to phrase it or, they want a specific thing but are unable to communicate how they want to get there, so it’ll take a little prodding to get to the end result.

“They don’t know enough to not know that they don’t know.”