64K Impressions But No Sales Why?

sajilpl

I thought this may be a typo “64k in impressions”, but after a few searches I’ve come to the conclusion that this is actually real. My impressions have not even exceeded the 1k level. Not even close. In fact my impressions have seriously tanked as of late since leveling up. How are people getting so many impressions? (this is an opened question) I know impressions aren’t page views and clicks or sales but they certainly help. What am I missing?

I’ve promoted my gigs off-site through webpages, social media, forums, onsite through gig promotional offers and still generated just under 1k at best and at present not more than one-to-two hundred with many falling well below that. I’ve even done keyword research and implementation, so I’m not sure what else to do short of using a picture of a beautiful blonde or brunette staring seductively at the camera or shaking my around in my skivvies. Any suggestions? I know you’ve been here long enough to have seen it all. 🙂 I’m still relatively new, and I’m pleased as pie with the way things are going, but less is more doesn’t apply in terms of sales.

All the best

Get one customer and do good business with him. You just need one good customer who can do the publicity for you. Don’t go for the mass promotion, start slow, go with one customer at a time. SEO and social media bombarding is not always going to be in our favor.

Reply to @sajilpl:

Maybe it’s because you’re selling something that is not yours - which is illegal.

I noticed that your gig pics looks awfully familiar:

http://graphicburger.com/3d-wall-logo-mock-up/

Then checked the licence:

"You do not have the rights to redistribute, resell, lease, license, sublicense or offer files downloaded from GraphicBurger to any third party “as is” or as a separate attachment from any of your work."

I think it is pretty poor of you for trying to get money off someone else’s work.

Reply to @celinedesigns: haha, nicely pointed out Celine.

@sajilpl: even if you have the license, people come on here for original stuff at great prices. As Celine says, its pretty poor to try and get money off someone elses work, even if you do have the license, people prefer to get their stuff from the original makers, or creators. Having the license simply means you are allowed to do something with "other people’s work"

As for the impressions and search results, logo’s are a very popular thing here on Fiverr so yes, you will show up lots of times in the results. BUT, there could be 1000 results in that list and the user may never even see yours if its so far down the list.

You have to work on getting higher up the list.

The classic example is Google. Type in anything and google says “We found 1000billion results in half a second” WOW. it sounds good. But the stats show that around 45% of people click on one of the top 3 results, another 45% click on one of the results below, but still on page 1. Less than 10% even go to page 2, and the numbers looking at results past that are very small.

So trawl these forums for ideas on how to get yourself higher up the rankings.

Its also possible that your selling your stuff in totally the wrong place, I mean, Adidas may be interested in your gig so how about approaching them directly 🙂

@sajilpl

All other comments aside…

Your original post is about impressions. Impressions don’t mean much if not combined with highly targeted traffic and a very compelling offer.

But you’re an “Expert in Driving Traffic and Unique Visitors to Websites and blogs…” so I don’t really need to tell you that.

Your gigs are in a very crowded field here, it will take time for you to get going. Some of your gig descriptions need help for clarity of the offer and benefits to the buyer.

Having too many gigs at start up can work against you. Better to start with one, test it, tweak it and go deeper with extras, before widening your offers.

In certain areas of sales and marketing, Deeper is more effective than Wider.

Good luck! 🙂

Archived