7 Great Reasons to be on Fiverr

miggykey

Hi everyone!

While my story with Fiverr is still quite recent (I have only now become a Level 2 Seller, because only recently did I decide to explore Fiverr’s potential more seriously), I would like to share some quick views with you on why I think Fiverr is so useful, in case you find these thoughts interesting and helpful in any way.

1. First of all, as a bootstrapping entrepreneur, I need to fund my own entrepreneurial projects, and Fiverr allows me to do just that – I can work through Fiverr on my own terms to raise part of the funds that I need to take my ventures forward, and any bootstrapping entrepreneur should love that.

2. As an individual who truly sees the world as his home, the expression ‘citizen of the world’ could not suit me better. This means that ideally I would never live in any city of the world for too long, because I like to stay on the move while I see the world, experience local cultures and explore local entrepreneurial opportunities. That is why whatever I do needs to be location-independent, and Fiverr also ticks that box. It doesn’t matter if I’m in Lisbon, Bogotá, Rio de Janeiro, Bangkok or Algiers – as long as I have an internet connection, I can do all my work, including my work on Fiverr.

3. Fiverr gigs are paid in US Dollars. While I am fully aware of the long-term problems which are hanging over the ‘greenback’, the truth is that, short-term, the US Dollar will probably be one of the best and relatively safe currencies of the world (no currency is actually very safe, if we know its fundamentals, but, short-term, the US Dollar should be one of the best).

4. Also, because Fiverr gigs are paid in US Dollars, if you are in emerging and frontier countries such as the ones where I can usually be found (meaning countries with economies which are considered emerging or frontier, such as most of those in Latin America, Asia and Africa), then things tend to be extremely cheap, in US Dollar terms. So this is yet another advantage that Fiverr offers.

5. We are living in interesting but challenging times, in which people will have to increasingly take the entrepreneurial and freelance route, as the classical ‘safe job’ concept is dying a quick death, for many reasons, including also because of technology. You see, technology just keeps making things cheaper and more accessible, and Fiverr is again the very proof of that, namely the provision of services, which, in the old days, would require hiring people permanently to perform service A or B, which are now being hired to freelancers on a hire-per-need basis. So, working through Fiverr is a smart decision which allows us to be on the right side of this trend, instead of being crushed by the economic and labor transformations that are going on in the world.

6. Also, Fiverr opens as many doors as you want to open. It is just a matter of being creative and committed, exploring all your talents and capabilities, and seeking to announce them in the best and most engaging way. Plus, as a market, it provides you with the means to see what works and what doesn't, and what people are seeking the most, so you can increase your supply to that identified demand. Every day I’m thinking of more and more things that I can do through Fiverr, and I am sure that you can think the same. Plus, creative and entrepreneurial minds find here a great environment to thrive and prosper – without having to make any investment or take any financial risk (which means it is accessible to anyone).<br />

7) Finally, Fiverr also allows us to connect and network with each other, which is an extremely valuable feature that I think is definitely worth exploring as well. So, let’s connect, shall we? :)

So, these are some constructive insights that I thought I'd share with fellow Fiverrs. What about you? What other particular advantages would you point out?

Thanks,
Miggy

Thanks, @julipalmer7! Well, some days may be slower, but we should always keep in mind the reasons why we’re here and we should also keep searching for new, creative and more effective ways to get our message and services out there! That’s another way of giving a good use to slower days – refining our strategy!

Well, @jackelixir, maybe you need to redefine your strategy to promote your services. I can tell you that I have improved and redefined strategies a couple of times, and that things have greatly improved as I kept thinking and trying better ways to get the attention of potential clients. We need to think as a potential client would think and critically examine the way we are presenting ourselves – if we see that we would not be entirely happy and convinced with what we are seeing, we should improve our Gig ads. Plus, we can also ask our friends for their opinion on how our Gig ads can be improved.

Hi @ellalovers, and thank you for your message!

Well, if I were you, I would diversify your services. You see, you are only offering one type of service – which means that, if at any give time no one is looking for that specific service, you have no clients.

Also, you should create and expand Gig extras. It seems to me that, in terms of analytics and search, sellers with several Gig extras are more shown in search for services than those who do not have them.

I would say that, if you take these two steps, you will probably get better results.

Thanks,
Miggy

Thank you for the experience sharing.

To be honest I don’t have any interesting stories with fiverr, yet. Hopefully after secured some sales I could write mine in this community.

Working while travelling, the most precious experience ever. I wonder how many cultures you already familiar to blend with. One of my friend did said to me that travelers are more creative as they are exposed to the myriad of different entrepreneurial cultures and ideas. Do write more and I would love to read your insights 🙂

Anyway, I hope you will succeed to fund your entrepreneurial projects. Good Luck 🙂

Thank you so much, @zahrulazha, for your kind words. Well, the world is so big and interesting, so I am only getting started with my travels, but indeed I have already visited quite a lot of countries (and lived in some).

I should also say that my Fiverr story is also just getting started. I have only recently given Fiverr more attention, as I was so busy doing other things, but I have understood its dynamics and have increased, diversified and improved my gigs, along with doing promotion outside Fiverr, and the results are being splendid, to be honest, but there’s a lot of work to it.

I am sure you will soon have your Fiverr story (the first of many, I’m sure) to share with all of us as well! 🙂

Archived