7 Tips About Pricing Your Gig

If you’re like me, you have one gig that makes 50% of your earnings. Your #1 gig. That’s the gig I want you to focus on because it takes less time to change the prices there than in all your gigs.

1. If you have 3-6 orders in your queue, that’s the time to raise your prices. If you’re selling for $5, try $10, even $20. For packages I recommend multiples of $5 vs. huge jumps.

$5, $10, $15 is more attractive than $5, $50, $100.

1. Price low during your slow days, price high during busy days. If you know Friday’s are your worst day, that’s the day to lower your prices. The only exception is when your queue is busy. People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

2. Experiment with your one-day delivery fee. If you charge $10 to do X, you might charge $10 to deliver in 24-hours. Why not charge $5? Or raise your gig price to $20 and charge $10?

3. If you’ve recently raised your prices and a buyer is messaging you. Send a custom offer for less than your gig prices and tell him how much money he’s saving. If he rejects your offer, just ignore him.

4. If you have zero reviews, your goal needs to be getting orders, not making a lot of money. Gigs priced at $100, $200, $300 look ridiculous when they have zero reviews.

5. Just because there are rich buyers on Fiverr doesn’t mean they’re going to pay high prices. Nobody gets rich by wasting money, and very few people are going to give $100 to an unproven seller.

6. Document everything on Excel.
    Gross Sale, Fiverr’s Comission, Net Sale.
    Daily income, monthly income, yearly income.
    Tips, and refunds. IT should look something like this.

image.png.483de9e8a05b7fb65fbb6d513318b206.png

Remember to make charts for Monthly earnings, and monthly cancellations.

Good luck.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you’re like me, you have one gig that makes 50% of your earnings. Your #1 gig. That’s the gig I want you to focus on because it takes less time to change the prices there than in all your gigs.

1. If you have 3-6 orders in your queue, that’s the time to raise your prices. If you’re selling for $5, try $10, even $20. For packages I recommend multiples of $5 vs. huge jumps.

1. Price low during your slow days, price high during busy days. If you know Friday’s are your worst day, that’s the day to lower your prices. The only exception is when your queue is busy. People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

2. Experiment with your one-day delivery fee. If you charge $10 to do X, you might charge $10 to deliver in 24-hours. Why not charge $5? Or raise your gig price to $20 and charge $10?

3. If you’ve recently raised your prices and a buyer is messaging you. Send a custom offer for less than your gig prices and tell him how much money he’s saving. If he rejects your offer, just ignore him.

4. If you have zero reviews, your goal needs to be getting orders, not making a lot of money. Gigs priced at $100, $200, $300 look ridiculous when they have zero reviews.

5. Just because there are rich buyers on Fiverr doesn’t mean they’re going to pay high prices. Nobody gets rich by wasting money, and very few people are going to give $100 to an unproven seller.

4539dbdd82f12e3e6e60b0cbb2ad5da8ea063eaf.png

Good luck.

The only exception is when your queue is busy. People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

I do that since years, it works always… now… should I sue you because you gave my secret away? 😉

Good post! 👍

The only exception is when your queue is busy. People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

I do that since years, it works always… now… should I sue you because you gave my secret away? 😉

Good post! 👍

LOL, I learned “your secret” from a book about succeeding on Fiverr. That’s my secret, for a while I read a lot of Fiverr books on Amazon, most were crap but some had good tips.

Thanks for commenting.

Nice post! I’ll start my excell file today. Shouldn’t be too difficult 😛

Thanks!

I forgot to mention, use Sheet 1 for daily sales, sheet 2 for monthly sales, and sheet 3 for yearly sales. It makes it easier.

You can also do CTRL+; to put today’s date. It’s easier than typing it every time.

image.png.4de691448f45d3b602621f479c8dec81.png2017 Fiverr Earnings

It has a lot of logic also combines that with always being online and increase your profits, I knew how to raise prices when there is a queue, but I did not know about the exel sheet today, the beginning thanks

It is very useful advice for when you do not have many sales or your gig has no comments.

4539dbdd82f12e3e6e60b0cbb2ad5da8ea063eaf.png

Good luck.

People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

I would love to hear from frequent buyers what they think!

People are more likely to buy when they see a queue.

I would love to hear from frequent buyers what they think!

I typically skip sellers with big queue, anything over 5 for me is too much.

When one of my regular sellers has a big queue, I just wait until it dwindles down. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll go to my back up or find someone else.

For me, it’s a turnoff. I guess for some it’s enticing, from what I’ve read by other forum members.

When one of my regular sellers has a big queue, I just wait until it dwindles down. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll go to my back up or find someone else.

For me, it’s a turnoff. I guess for some it’s enticing, from what I’ve read by other forum members.

That’s a mistake in my opinion, you don’t know how long it takes a seller to complete each other. If you see a queue of 20 but it takes the seller 5 to 10 minutes, we’re talking about 100 minutes or 200 minutes. If you pay extra for 1-day delivery, then you’ll be on the orders the seller works right away.

When I choose a seller this is what matters to me in order of importance.

1. Portfolio samples
  2. Reviews
  3. Price
  4. Queue

The queue may be last, but only because I’m a price-conscious buyer that seeks quality work on occasion.

P.S. The only review that really scares me is “Order cancelled. Seller failed to deliver on time.”

That’s a mistake in my opinion, you don’t know how long it takes a seller to complete each other. If you see a queue of 20 but it takes the seller 5 to 10 minutes, we’re talking about 100 minutes or 200 minutes. If you pay extra for 1-day delivery, then you’ll be on the orders the seller works right away.

When I choose a seller this is what matters to me in order of importance.

1. Portfolio samples
  2. Reviews
  3. Price
  4. Queue

The queue may be last, but only because I’m a price-conscious buyer that seeks quality work on occasion.

P.S. The only review that really scares me is “Order cancelled. Seller failed to deliver on time.”

My list:

1. Order cancelled. Seller failed to deliver on time.
  2. Portfolio samples
  3. Queue
  4. Profile
  5. Price

There are so many fake reviews, that I don’t trust it. Level 0, 1 & 2 (less than 100 reviews), I look up their buyer’s profile. I want to know if there are anything suspicious about them.

Senior level 2 & TRS, I dont bother reading reviews. I only care about 1 thru 5.

logo design should still be for $5 on fiverr is what what fiverr promotes the hole time anywhere !! and also packages for that should be $100 max …this is like good fit ?!

@mortadimarwane

I don’t understand your question. Can you clarify?

so mr fastcopywriter has offers the hole spread sheet of pricing i agree to all that …one thing tough this has to match with the platform ! fiverr is doing good profit on good selling packages ! if the logo design what i have toke as an exemple starts from $5 and this for all time fiverr will benefit and you and me all of us will benefit !! thanks men

so mr fastcopywriter has offers the hole spread sheet of pricing i agree to all that …one thing tough this has to match with the platform ! fiverr is doing good profit on good selling packages ! if the logo design what i have toke as an exemple starts from $5 and this for all time fiverr will benefit and you and me all of us will benefit !! thanks men

The excel sheet works whether you’re selling packages or not. You just put the name of the buyer, how much he paid, how much you’ll get after Fiverr takes 20%. If you sell X for $5 and he gives you a $5 tip, put then revise your gross sale number to $10.

The importance of documenting by day, month, and year is to notice patters. To see on what days you get more orders, of if you’re making less money than last year, etc.

Archived