Fiverr Community Forum

8$ for 5$ gigs...Now Fiverr charge Service Fee even if you are going to pay using your balance

Hello everybody,

It’s really a crazy thing.
Today, I’m trying to order a $5 gig using my own balance ( not a credit card, not using paypal), and Fiverr is forcing a $2 service fee for that.

But the worst thing is, $5+2= 8 for Fiverr, not $7. They must be kidding right?!

2 Likes

Sadly not -

3 Likes

Yes but that was for people using their credit card or paypal balance. Not for those using the Fiverr balance. This is new.

Also, 5 +2 equal 7 and not 8.

1 Like

That’s what the linked thread is all about - how it’s new.

I’m sorry - I can’t see your screenshot - $5 + $2 does equal $7. If it’s anything other than that, please contact CS.

Not able to see screenshot can you share again ?

“give me a way to deposit funds into my account to avoid this fee on each and every gig I buy and tip I give.”

The OP is clearly talking about fees related to people using their credit card or paypal to buy.
The news is about fees on fiverr balance too.

Check now please!
Thanks

Please read the rest of the thread - it goes on to talk about how it’s being taken from sellers’ balance as well.

Re. the $8 - definitely speak to CS!

3 Likes

Please explain that … anyone!

Even if you have fees already on your Fiverr balance. You will still pay extras fees.

The Selection is Credit & Debit Cards section in your screenshot.

For $8, as offlinehelpers suggested, you should definitely contact CS.

since your personal balance is $6 so $1 you can pay by using credit card so that is why they are adding $2 more $1 for gig and $1 for credit card fee i think may be it is!!!

1 Like

Any update from CS?

I believe the added $1 fee is a processing fee for outside purchases.

They are forcing it, I didn’t select it.
I know, and I did. BUT NO ANSWER.

1 Like

1- We can’t pay a fee twice.
2- Even if the above is true, they should add it in the table and show it same way they show the other fees.
3- Fiverr is not taking processing fees, we are now talking about service fee, so its already included in one fee, called SERVICE FEE and NOT SERVICE FeeS

1 Like

No answer from CS.

1- We can’t pay a fee twice.
2- Even if the above is true, they should add it in the table and show it same way they show the other fees.
3- Fiverr is not taking processing fees, we are now talking about service fee, so its already included in one fee, called SERVICE FEE and NOT SERVICE FeeS

1 Like

You have the personal balance $6… but need to have at list $7 ($5+2$) in your account. so maybe fiverr will take $1 for your card. so for this maybe fiverr taking extra $1 charge.

CS give you any reply?

Yes, this is called greedy!
They take 20% of any gig or offer okay that’s how they make money but no wait they also take 20% of tips (if a client likes your work he/she gives you a tip) and now they you have to pay extra $2 when you order a gig
Also, they made the level thing change in the past year or couple of years (don’t remember) to put pressure on the freelancer so we can’t cancel the order if we don’t agree with the client (example: client asking for things aren’t offer in the gig) by forcing to cancel an order you will get a bad reputation and your gigs will be buried deep down, you also need to answer as soon as possible even if it’s 5AM
I call Fiverr policy Computer Modern Slavery!

1 Like