A Bad Buyer in arts category

rishidas

Did someone encounter a buyer looking for an artist to create 55-65 panels? He actually contacted me directly and from the get-go wanted a free sample (1st red flag). After a No, from me he said he can pay $5 for the sample ( My Gig says minimum $10) as he has a lot of work for me ( 2nd red flag).
He also wanted me to make 65 panels for $5, as he mentioned it was a special case (3rd red flag).

After a lot of back and forth for 3 days, I finally brought him to buy the gig of $10 for the sample he wanted. I said if it works I can try $6/ panel. Also, to mention I asked him for 7 days for the sample.

Now coming to today, I sent him an image fully completed in less than 24 hours of the order. He replies he has to cancel the order. This is his reply pasted-

I’m not trying to undermine your drawing style but it is completely different to mine and I’m very sure you would waste your time if you give it one more go, and I don’t want you to waste your time.

I’ve turned down more than 10 artists who claimed that can follow my drawing style, and there were so many of them who had much more similar drawing than yours but I still turned them down.

So, wanted to inform fellow artists not to fell for this trap and ruin your stats. Now is the time we can not afford a single cancelation. I also wanted to ask if someone knows what can be done. I want to be paid for my time or a way that the cancelation does do not affect the stats. Contacted support
( waiting)

Guest offlinehelpers

Did someone encounter a buyer looking for an artist to create 55-65 panels? He actually contacted me directly and from the get-go wanted a free sample (1st red flag). After a No, from me he said he can pay $5 for the sample ( My Gig says minimum $10) as he has a lot of work for me ( 2nd red flag).

He also wanted me to make 65 panels for $5, as he mentioned it was a special case (3rd red flag).

After a lot of back and forth for 3 days, I finally brought him to buy the gig of $10 for the sample he wanted. I said if it works I can try $6/ panel. Also, to mention I asked him for 7 days for the sample.

Now coming to today, I sent him an image fully completed in less than 24 hours of the order. He replies he has to cancel the order. This is his reply pasted-

I’m not trying to undermine your drawing style but it is completely different to mine and I’m very sure you would waste your time if you give it one more go, and I don’t want you to waste your time.

I’ve turned down more than 10 artists who claimed that can follow my drawing style, and there were so many of them who had much more similar drawing than yours but I still turned them down.

So, wanted to inform fellow artists not to fell for this trap and ruin your stats. Now is the time we can not afford a single cancelation. I also wanted to ask if someone knows what can be done. I want to be paid for my time or a way that the cancelation does do not affect the stats. Contacted support

( waiting)

I’ve turned down more than 10 artists

Please, for all the other artists’ sakes, report this buyer to CS as soon as you can.

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

Well, he just got what he wanted and you knew it was going to end this way…

NO is NO! Stick to it next time, more over if red flags show up!

I totally understand. I was thinking, forget about the 65 panels, first negotiate for the sample. I successfully had him buy it for $10 but know I understand, a redflag is red flag.

I am a trainy negotiator so try my best to hold to the situation till I need to bring out the big guns.

I’ve turned down more than 10 artists

Please, for all the other artists’ sakes, report this buyer to CS as soon as you can.

I’m so sorry this happened to you.

Yes, I bought some time from him and reported CS. I will try my best to be paid for my time, otherwise looking for a way to not affect my stats (100% now).

I totally understand. I was thinking, forget about the 65 panels, first negotiate for the sample. I successfully had him buy it for $10 but know I understand, a redflag is red flag.

I am a trainy negotiator so try my best to hold to the situation till I need to bring out the big guns.

first negotiate for the sample. I successfully had him buy it for $10 but know I understand, a redflag is red flag.

Sadly, it’s not easy to protect ourselves from scammers 😢

One thing you could do, is pre-make something simple enough that can’t be used by the customer for nothing else but a sample and keep it for cases like this in which buyers insist in asking for samples and red flags outgrow.

Archived