Fiverr Community Forum

A Blast from the Past: What's your fave Childhood Toy 🚀 or 🎮 Game?

I don’t know if somebody remember STREET FIGHTERS and SNOW BROWS… they were my favorites…

3 Likes

Hmm, maybe I was nerdy creative or smth, but my fav. toy was & still is LEGO :nerd_face:

12 Likes

Wow, Maddie! :horse:

That’s like totally old school, I think it’s pretty awesome that you still have your collectible horses. :slightly_smiling_face:
See, the younger generation is spoiled. They couldn’t wrap their :brain: around appreciating these vintage stuff. They are too concerned about snagging the newest iWatch/iPhone or Jordans. :smile:

3 Likes

By the end of the day, the battlefield was littered with much more than just GI Joe’s, there were Mr. Potatoheads, spaceships, trucks, robots, you name it. Quite the epic battle.

Loved these too…

5 Likes

I started buying legos now, it’s started as a relaxation in order to beat my overworked feeling condition, and now it become a habit. I do the bionicle robots.

2 Likes

Good one!

I downloaded the game from :apple: store. Fun, fun, fun :tada:

4 Likes

Aw, toy trains were fun! :train:

OMG, Playskool had some awesome toys. :heart_eyes:

What about tops? It was made out of wood with a white string… Here’s a pic…

3 Likes

I wish I had more of my old horse collection though I don’t know where I’d put it! If they were in good shape I’d sell them. I only have 2-3 left. I do love retro stuff even today. My sister is older than I am but she doesn’t care for “old” things, so I hope to inherit a lot of my Mom’s vintage photos and other cool antiques. Hopefully there are some younger generation folks who appreciate the things that led to the newer things! (I AM vintage stuff. :smiley: )

Your own starter post has some pretty old games, especially if you count the ones that don’t require an object. Hopscotch must be ancient and I remember the Bloody Mary game from slumber parties. Did you ever play “Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board”? I loved those scary games.

8 Likes

I was the very same!

For some reason we would always miss landing on Boardwalk or Park Place! The benefits of owning them were being able to cash in the mortgage value in times of need!

I’ve played numerous games where we’d finish up all the available money and have to use pen and paper to keep track of our earnings!

4 Likes

Yes! Along with Red Light/Green Light! :vertical_traffic_light:

Naturally, I’m a suspense thriller kinda gal. So, spooky games and movies are my cup of :tea:
Also, I appreciate vintage stuff, too. Once in a blue :new_moon: I’ll hit up garage sales. I’m an avid :butterfly:butterfly collector - so anything butterfly; décor picture frames, bedding, dishes, towels, scrapbook etc. I’ll buy it! A few of my friends nicknamed me “Island :butterfly:”. :grinning:

Damn, a lego ship! That thing is HUGE! :hushed:

Nothing wrong with being nerdy hahahaha. :nerd_face:
I bet you built lego airplanes and cars too! OR a poodle :poodle:! :rofl:

3 Likes

Love it! It’s a more fast-paced game!

I mean… I think all our favs are LEGO even if we don’t visibly show it :smile:

3 Likes

@nikavoice “Thank You Mario, But Our Princess is in Another Castle”
In my childhood, this was a mystery for me. :smiley:
@gig_freak I use to play in StreetGameShops in childhood. 2taka/coin. Unlimited life in 20taka to finish all the levels. :wink: (nowdays 82taka=1$)

3 Likes

Story of my life tbh…

2 Likes

Being a child of divorce, I had all and any toy I wanted. But what I played with were always the boxes. My future fiverr name was already in the making . . .

4 Likes

Aw, cheer up boys… The life of a dazzling Princess is never easy. The quest for finding her Prince charming is serious business. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m trying to break into castle in real , not succeed yet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Playing Mario is great preparation for real life.
Trying to find your princess but spending all day smashing your head off brick walls and trying to avoid all the turtles…
Note: Stay away from magic mushrooms, they don’t help at all - Mario was wrong on that part.

5 Likes

Mr. Flop Ears. He was so fuzzy.

7 Likes

Aw, Mr. Flop Ears is a cutie. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You’re right about that LOL. But, mushrooms are so good in food. :yum:

Careful, you don’t want a burglary charge. :police_car: :policeman:

3 Likes