Fiverr Forum

A buyer disputed their payment through paypal!

I got an email from fiverr saying that someone disputed a payment through paypal. I am not even sure why. Then I got an email from fiverr letting me know I got a message from that person (afterward) and I could only read the beginning of the message because apparently the buyer’s fiverr account no longer exists! But the beginning of the message said “I’m going to request a refund from PayPal since you’ve ignored me” ??? WHAT??? I never even got a message from this person after I delivered the gig! I am so confused. Anyway, I guess it doesn’t really matter at this point, but I am wondering if we do in fact get an email each time someone messages us on fiverr because I think that sometimes maybe I don’t get an email notification and I have to log in to fiverr just to see if I got any messages, and apparently some messages are urgent to some people. But I’m still not even sure if this person messaged me ahead of time. Why didn’t they contact customer support first or something so fiverr could give them a refund since they apparently thought I was “ignoring them” when I wasn’t. I always respond to everyone who messages me (if their message isn’t spam).

Yes, but understand that there is probably nothing you can do to get paid for THAT order, but if you really have an issue with missing e-mails or messages, then get that fixed before it causes more issues with more future buyers.

Oh,

just so you know. Fiverr close accounts for 2 days when customer’s make a dispute. They then ‘un-ban’ them when the dispute is done. You don’t get your money back at all (even if the dispute was ‘cancelled’) and that is kept by Fiverr and you won’t see it :slight_smile: Customer Support said I can’t have my money back…and they even confirmed the customer cancelled the dispute and was free to roam Fiverr again :slight_smile:

I recall another seller contacting paypal and sending them screen shots of completed work and that did the trick :slight_smile:

I didn’t even get an email when I had a PayPal chargeback. I just noticed by gigs cancelled went up by one and I couldn’t understand why!

Reply to @bachas85: You won’t get your money back. Even if the dispute is in your favor, it goes right back into the buyer’s account.

This would explain why fiver always takes the buyers side in any dispute.

alliemadison12 said:
  • Reply to @bachas85: You won't get your money back. Even if the dispute is in your favor, it goes right back into the buyer's account.

• Rate this commentVote Up0Vote Down

• Fiverr Customer Support lead me to believe that the customer doesn't get it. Instead Fiverr keep hold of it as during the dispute the money is only taken from the seller's account. It is then placed on 'hold' in their account until the dispute is resolved. They said to me that the buyer no longer has the money.

I messaged a seller over and over again for her to pay me back. Never happened (although she responded) disgusted as she was a seller on Fiverr too.

Happened to me too and since they’re capable of cancelling an order when a dispute occurs at paypal, why aren’t they capable of routing the money back to the seller when the dispute is settled? And it also adds to the cancellation rate! :(( :(( :(( X( X( X(

Reply to @ryangillam: I was told that the money goes back into their Fiverr balance. Either way, you won’t see a dime :frowning:

alliemadison12 said:
    • Reply to @ryangillam: I was told that the money goes back into their Fiverr balance. Either way, you won't see a dime :(

I think it was to try and fob me off as I said if they got it back in their balance then they could easily transfer it back to me (I know they can do this!)

Regarding the OP’s issue about not receiving previous messages from the user, could the case be that their messages were archived? I’ve recently discovered that if a user sends me a message in a Fiverr conversation that I have previously marked to be archived, I don’t get notice of the message, and it does not show up in my list of unread messages. In order to see this new message, I would have to go to my archived messages and find the new one.

I like to keep my messages organized, so I archive the conversations that I think I don’t need in my inbox anymore (i.e., messages from months ago or sent by users who were just asking a quick question or never placed an order). However, if one of those archived conversations receives a new message from that user, I have no idea since Fiverr gives me no notice or denotes that I have an unread message in my to-do list or inbox. It just stays archived.

Personally, I think this is totally nuts. Just like any typical messaging or email service, you would think that new messages should appear in your inbox, even if the conversation has been archived. That would make more sense. This definitely caused a lot of communication issues with users until I discovered a ton of unread messages in my archived folder and figured out what was going on.

I would recommend checking your archived messages to see if any new messages have been sent that didn’t appear in your inbox.

nickih said: I've recently discovered that if a user sends me a message in a Fiverr conversation that I have previously marked to be archived, I don't get notice of the message, and it does not show up in my list of unread messages.

That's strange. I recently had one and did get a notification and it was put back in my inbox. You may want to email Fiverr about it and see if there's a bug--Lord knows there have been a ton of bugs in the messaging system lately. There are so many messages I've missed because they haven't come through for some reason.

@commonhealing

Fiverr only meant to stop work on the disputed order. Not to stop work on all your orders and you do not have to worry about any other orders at all or being paid for other orders

Hello,

A woman ordered from me and then sent a message that it was an accident, within an hour I sent her a mutual cancellation request, but by that time she had already made the dispute with Paypal. Fiverr sent me a message to discontinue my work until this is resolved, my question being will I still get paid for the other orders I have until this is resolved?

Reply to @aingham69: When I first noticed it, I did send an email to Customer Support thinking that it was a bug or glitch. However, they responded with a message explaining that it wasn’t a bug and they had recently changed the way they process/categorize messages and correspondence between users. Basically, they had decided that it was a better idea to keep new messages archived and switched to that system.

The CS rep did say that they were still thinking it over, though, in terms of making it a permanent thing. So perhaps they changed their minds, and my correspondence simply didn’t get changed back to the old system. In that case, it may be a bug that this is still happening to me.

now i got this too… order from buyer already complete, and now buyer cancel the order. i will not use fiverr again.