A buyer gives you a 4.5 star review, and right after that places another order?What does that mean?

fawhash

Hi there fiverr. I am quite confused right now as i got my first less than 5 star review, which is 4.5, but after giving this review buyer placed another order with me.Although i requested a mutual cancellation right after he placed the next order.I am confused that why did he place another order if he was unsatisfied?

That would be a question to ask him/her. One time I had a buyer who just gave me 4.5 . He said “don’t get me wrong you did an awesome job I am just tired of going around giving everybody a 5 star rating” .

Reply to @emasonwrites: Yep.Actually i was quite disappointed, from my side, i over delivered, he ordered about 500 words but to ensure that his article is wholesome i had to do 250 words extra.I also asked him to ask for revision in case he was satisfied.You are a writer and you must know that writing 750 words of article requires at-least 1 and half hour.4$ for 1 and half hour work, and not a 100% positve review can disappoint you.If you don’t belive i over-delivered i can even show you the article i wrote for him

Reply to @fawhash: 4.5 stars aren’t as great as a five star review, but it’s certainly not a bad review! No future buyer is going to look at a 4.5 review and think you provide a shoddy service. Some buyers are never going to give you five stars, no matter how much work you provide or how much you over-deliver. 4.5 stars doesn’t mean "I’m not satisfied and would like a refund."

You’re allowed to be disappointed, but I don’t see how also being out the $4 is going to help anything. This buyer obviously liked your service, since he gave you a high rating and ordered again. Cancelling to have a good rating removed will also drive him away as a customer…or he’ll learn that all he has to do to get free work is to give you a less-than-perfect rating.

fawhash said: Actually i was quite disappointed, from my side, i over delivered, he ordered about 500 words but to ensure that his article is wholesome i had to do 250 words extra.I also asked him to ask for revision in case he was satisfied.You are a writer and you must know that writing 750 words of article requires at-least 1 and half hour.4$ for 1 and half hour work, and not a 100% positve review can disappoint you.

Then you need to communicate this with the Buyer directly about express your concern. Regardless of what everything says here, it's your call on whether or not you want to continue working with the Buyer.

Talk with your Buyer!

Reply to @emasonwrites: Thank you very much for your advice.I actually didnt cancel the order with 4.5 star ratings, i only cancelled the next order he placed.The reason i did that because if i cant completely satisfy a buyer, despite spending all the time, then probably its better i don’t work with him on any further orders.

I totally agree – when you over-deliver and do not get a 100% 5 Star rating, it is beyond annoying.

Today I had a customer who was thrilled with the final design after a very long process of working together to figure out what she wanted (she could not communicate it to me)… but only gave me a 4.5 Star and asked if I could start working on something else. When I asked why not 5 Stars, she told me she gave me 5 Stars for everything except for the 4 Stars she gave in Communication. When I asked why, she said because my communication was good but it was not ‘Outstanding’. I asked her to describe to me what is ‘Outstanding Communication’ and she could not.

I just wish that the Buyer Ratings would be as important as the Sellers Ratings. Like on eBay. Why is it that just us Sellers are at risk!

Archived