A buyer mistakenly gave a tip. Now she wants money back, how do we resolve that?

teeberries

You will have to completely refund the order and trust that the buyer will open and complete a new order for the original amount. It’s absurd, but that’s what Customer Support will tell you as well (I’ve heard it before myself when someone accidentally added an extra after the order was delivered).

You will have to completely refund the order and trust that the buyer will open and complete a new order for the original amount. It’s absurd, but that’s what Customer Support will tell you as well (I’ve heard it before myself when someone accidentally added an extra after the order was delivered).

Yep, that’s pretty much correct although CS will suggest you do it the other way around - buyer order the gig again and then cancel the original. This is because CS can force a cancellation on sellers but can’t force a payment from buyers but I can’t even imagine the reaction it would get if you said that to a buyer!

Not only I find a buyer saying that he/she mistakenly giving a seller a tip is fishy, when a buyer tells a seller that he/she tells a seller that he/she mistakenly placed an order, I also think that´s fishy.

Yes it is fishy although one time I placed an order by mistake when I saw a competitor’s link to her gig on a website and clicked it to see what would happen. I then saw that it actually placed the order much to my surprise and I had to ask for a refund.

Yes it is fishy although one time I placed an order by mistake when I saw a competitor’s link to her gig on a website and clicked it to see what would happen. I then saw that it actually placed the order much to my surprise and I had to ask for a refund.

clicked it to see what would happen.

LOL, like a curious cat/dog. 🙂

Yep, that’s pretty much correct although CS will suggest you do it the other way around - buyer order the gig again and then cancel the original. This is because CS can force a cancellation on sellers but can’t force a payment from buyers but I can’t even imagine the reaction it would get if you said that to a buyer!

Agreed! I’ve never had the guts to ask a buyer to pay again before being refunded. While it may not be a huge amount of money, (1) I don’t know about their financial situation and (2) it’s a terrible inconvenience. I think it would come across as quite rude as well, although it’s not the seller’s fault to begin with.

A partial refund option is a must, especially since Fiverr is continuously pushing prices up.

Agreed! I’ve never had the guts to ask a buyer to pay again before being refunded. While it may not be a huge amount of money, (1) I don’t know about their financial situation and (2) it’s a terrible inconvenience. I think it would come across as quite rude as well, although it’s not the seller’s fault to begin with.

A partial refund option is a must, especially since Fiverr is continuously pushing prices up.

Totally agreed! 🙂

Archived