Fiverr Forum

A Buyer's Perspective

There is a “Resolve now” link at the top right corner of the order page. You can try to message the seller or contact the Customer Support. I guess they can help you in a much better way.

Hope that helps!

Ash :slight_smile:

This was a nice post to read as a seller. I do respond to a lot of buyer requests. I never underbid but have occasionally bid over if I think that the request is somewhat vague and I had a valuable gig extra that would help the project. It is interesting to see a buyer’s perspective.

@ga_riley2,

Thanks for this, it is invaluable information. As a newbie seller and coincidentally, I am also a graphic designer doing ebook and kindle covers. I always respond to the buyer’s specific instructions regarding the job.

Though it seems buyers prefer to deal with established sellers, it’s nice to know that you go out of your way in helping newbies like me.

Hello ma’m. I am a professional Graphic designer and a photo editor with years of experiences. I am also a creative person which always gives priority to customer’s 100% satisfaction

I can do your work ASAP. If you are interested in my offer please place an order so I can start your work right away or feel free to INBOX me any time if you have any questions. I will give you 100% MONEYBACK guarantee and a LIFETIME after sales service.

Hello lishi123. I am a professional Graphic designer and a photo editor with years of experiences. I am also a creative person which always gives priority to customer’s 100% satisfaction

I can do your work ASAP. If you are interesting in my offer please place an order so I can start your work right away or feel free to INBOX me any time if you have any questions. I will give you 100% MONEYBACK guarantee and a LIFETIME after sales service.

Thanks for posting these comments and for having faith in new sellers.

A reason why people might quote extremely low for a large job is that it’s valuable to them to get the experience, and to get gigs for their stats etc. I don’t see any good reason to quote far higher than the seller offered, though. That is just bad manners.

Please check out my first paragraph gig here if you have any troublesome first paragraphs. (I have plenty of experience in your genre.)

Edit: I’ve removed my gig url from this post as I realised it might not be okay to do that. I hope it’s okay to mention our own gigs when they’re relevant to the conversation but if it isn’t perhaps somebody could reply and let me know. Thanks!

You have an interesting gig. I have 80k word novel (thriller, NOT erotica) and the first 3 pages are so boring, I put myself to sleep. I wrote the darn thing. I’ve been looking for someone to spice it up.

By all means, I would never ask bidders to short change themselves. I say bid what you feel your talent is worth. :blush:

What I should have said in the original post is “ONE buyer perspective” vs “A buyers perspective.” My one humbles opinion is by no means all encompassing.

I work on a budget, so I post my max. Many times I end up giving tip that maxes it out for those that bid under. :grinning:

I vary on the type depending what mood I’m in. Erotica are very hard to write.

I enjoy the mystery, thriller writing more.

I had the same problem with my first two buys in a row a year or so ago. Put a bad taste in my mouth & I almost left permanently. I gave one last try & behold, got an amazing product. The problem is some sellers are on vacation or just quit but never disabled their gig.

Now, I put in bid request for active sellers to bid on. I’ve been really happy going this route. The only bad thing aboutt going this route is picking one of so many talented bidders. I wish I could hire them all.

I don’t have the patience to be a seller. I’ve read so many frustration on this forum.

I’ve had to slow down a bit with my writing. My regular job keeps getting in the way - :wink:.

I look forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

To be honest I’d never tip another $, no matter what! If you do not “know” what you are worth, then you aren’t worth anything more.

Hope that points out that it’s not what I “feel”, but what I “know!”

“One buyer’s perspective?” I don’t think that’d have made any difference other than your post being transferred to ‘The Ranting Pot’ :smiley: Like I said - there isn’t much information about the buyers, my reply was going to be the same. Who knows which one buyer it is!

When typing this and the previous message, I wasn’t trying to offend, but to give you an insight of what’s going on at the other end.

P.S. Just like all the buyers aren’t same, sellers too vary from person to person!

Jolly good,

Ash :slight_smile:

Buyer’s or seller’s perspective doesn’t make sense to be honest. As a seller, I have seen buyers -

• who wants MOON in $5
  • who are not clear in their requests
  • are clear and to the point as well
  • who wants free demos and they never come back to you
  • who wants you to deliver first and they want to pay later

etc etc.

I think it’s a part of learning and growing out of it.

As a buyer, it shouldn’t hurt you to read all the responses from different sellers. Anyways you would pick the one eventually for your own reasons.

As a seller, it shouldn’t hurt you to check the buyers requests and apply on what you’re comfortable working with.

Even the fingers in our hands are not of same size. Forget about each others perspectives. You’ll always meet both relevant and irrelevant buyers and sellers. It’s all about knowing what you want to do, keep trying, learn something from everything you do and repeat.

Good luck to both buyers and sellers. If you have succeeded then great, keep it up. If you haven’t, just don’t lose your heart and keep trying. But don’t try in the same way you have been doing.

I hope it helps to some of us, if not all.

Thanks!

Interesting …

I thought or assumed (you know what that spells out) sellers liked receiving $$ tips, so I always try to set aside a few extra bucks in my budget. It’s good to hear the perspective from a seller to let me know otherwise.

Like I always say, if you don’t tell me, I won’t know. Thanks for the advice. I’ll quit ranting on and on about leaving/giving tips.

You are one seller who knows what you are worth. I like the way you get straight to the point. I’ve been told by many people (like my editors) that I use the word “feel” too often in my writing.

Best on your gigs.

Yeah… you want to be a success on Azon, you’re gonna have to forget your moods.

Non-fic is the 2nd biggest genre outside of pure smut anyway, and you will have to deal with double standards. But I can see you’re in a different pond.

Um… That wasn’t a sellers’ perspective, but of a buyer. I’m both; lol.

Like I already mentioned not all sellers are same either, so maybe, others do. Who won’t like $$$? :slight_smile:

However, I’d like it more if a buyer:

1. Sends me connections
  2. Shares my gigs on social media
  3. Writes/provides a social review, i.e. on my upcoming website, LI, Google+, etc.
  4. *** Tells me that I’m undercharging! (That’s what my very first Fiverr connection did, told me right away why he didn’t choose me, my rates!)

And you see? You too fell in the same category. You don’t disclose your actual budget as you want a part of it to tip the seller later (only if you find it OUTSTANDING!). However, I’d say, “If you aren’t sure it’d be the best, find someone else!”

(Yeah, that attitude does cost me many $5 gigs.)

Jolly good,

Ash. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Charles. I just checked out your gigs and I am going to order a $10.00 gig from you. I’m hoping you can give me some exciting headlines for my upcoming books.

/G. Riley

No problem, Sophy. I guess I’m in the mood to spend money today because I’m about to order your copyediting gig. I got a short story that needs to be cleaned up a bit.

Very Informative