Fiverr Forum

A clarification of response rate

Why is my response rate only 67%. As far as I know I have responded to every single communication I have ever received from Fiverr users, usually within an hour (unless I was sleeping in which case I responded first thing in the morning). How do I get a rate of 67%? It doesn’t make sense.

The problem is that no one knows. Well…whoever programmed the “feature” probably knows. Unless someone from Fiverr comes to the forum to tell us or they write a blog post that details how it works, we’re just postulating.

I’m in the same boat as you. I answer every single message I get, in the private messages and on order pages, in far less than 24 hours–I have the last word everywhere, unless the buyer sends me a message and then completes the order and posts a review (which, in that situation, there is no way for me to respond to that message, so why in the heck would it be factored into the response rate!?)–and my response rate is still 88%.

So far, there’s no clear answer about what it tracks (okay, yeah, it tracks your responses to messages, but responses to which messages/types of messages?). Either three out of every four trackers are bugged or they’re tracking something we’re not aware of.

I wonder if making sure you have the last word is the key.

If I send a message to a client and they reply “thank you” you would think that would be the end of it. In the past, I would not normally respond but in this case I responded “welcome” just to make sure I got the last word (unless he responds again) :slight_smile:

Yes, i think you have to write the last message, even after a “Thank you”…

This is annoying!

Mine went from 100% to 94% in the last couple of days, and I have responded to every message. I’m going back and making sure, because it’s driving me crazy. This whole thing is crazy!

I have the same problem. It is annoying.

I have the same problem. This is not at all a usefull feature:-(

What I have learned recently is that you have to respond ASAP even when you’re asleep otherwise your response rate drops.

I had the same problem, although I am a bit of a new seller and have responded to ALL of my buyers and then some. I contacted CS about the issue and they had it resolved in about 24 hours.