Fiverr Forum

A couple of questions from a Fiverr newbie!


I was just curious about a couple of things. I am new to this, so please bear with me.

  1. Does Fiverr send you a W2 automatically? Or, do you have to reach a certain amount in sales?

  2. If a buyer doesn’t click on the button saying the gig has been completed, will you at some point automatically get the money? Or, do they have to officially complete the order on their end. ex. I had a buyer purchase 8 gigs and they have yet to say it’s been completed. It’s only been a couple of days, but will it complete inself if they don’t say it’s done?

    Thanks for the insight. I’m excited about being in the Fiverr community.


Hi there.

The gig will auto-complete in 3 days if the buyer doesn’t respond.

I’m not sure about the W2. Most people do this as a hobby which, where I am, doesn’t have to be claimed unless sales reach a certain point. Then, it’s no longer considered a hobby. I’m not even sure what the numbers are. But at least I answered one of your questions! LOL




I am not an attorney or an accountant. As a multiple business owner of 50 years, I do employ accountants and attorneys and have a some experience in tax reporting in the U.S.

You do not work for Fiverr. Fiverr does not send you a “W2” or a “1099” or any tax reporting information.

Depending on the U.S. jurisdiction you live in and how you’ve set up your own business structure, you will probably report your “net earnings”.

In other words, you would not report a $5 gross earning with a 20% fee and a net earning of $4.

You would report the $4 as your gross, and then depending on how your business is structured you could possibly then take advantage of any other deductions allowed by U.S. Federal and or State law.

My guess is that some Sellers on Fiverr do not report any Fiverr income. While other Sellers who have real (legal) businesses may include their Fiverr revenue in their books and pay tax on it, and declare any applicable deductions.

If you are concerned (and rightfully so) about reporting earnings to your federal and state government, you would be well advised to consult a qualified tax professional in your jurisdiction.

Good luck!


Brilliant feedback voiceoverwork! I was wondering myself as well :slight_smile: Now we know! Thanks for your imput!!






This will really help to become your site famous


Reply to @voiceoverwork:

Thank you for the help…it was greatly appreciated.