A few ideas to make fiverr even better

Sponsored Gigs - Pay to have your gig listed before others.

Inactivity CleanUp - Automatically suspend gigs where user has not logged into site for more than a period of time.

Get more money per gig depending on your level - Fiverr rewards higher levels with a pay raise per gig.

Quicker payment clearing - takes way to long

What do you all think??

thisisrealnifty said: Sponsored Gigs - Pay to have your gig listed before others.

This would give an unfair advantage to those who have money to spend. It should be based on the "best" gigs, rather than the person's gig with the most money in their pockets.

thisisrealnifty said: Inactivity CleanUp - Automatically suspend gigs where user has not logged into site for more than a period of time.

Eh, not the most needed change on Fiverr... but it wouldn't hurt I suppose.

thisisrealnifty said: Get more money per gig depending on your level - Fiverr rewards higher Levels with a pay raise per gig.

That are what gig extras are for. Higher level sellers are able to make more for their services with gig extras. Making it to where something can be set at a higher price than $5 for the base gig, not happening to be honest. That would crush the sole purpose of Fiverr - to provide services for only $5.

thisisrealnifty said: Quicker payment clearing - takes way to long

There is a reason it takes so long. It's a safety clearing period, to allow for disputes. So, the chances of Fiverr decreasing the clearing time or eliminating it all together are pretty slim.

Well, that's my two cents on everything. :-)

Reply to @prohelper27:

prohelper27 said: That are what gig extras are for. Higher level sellers are able to make more for their services with gig extras. Making it to where something can be set at a higher price than $5 for the base gig, not happening to be honest. That would crush the sole purpose of Fiverr - to provide services for only $5.

Not charge the customer more, fiver give more profit back per sale instead of always taking a dollar.

I don’t like the idea of pay for placement. That would create a big mess and this place would look like Google, Bing etc. People would start blocking those first few with ad blockers and such (just like I do to Google, Bing, etc)

A reduction in the commission is a great idea but probably not going to happen. I think as we charge more or have higher levels we should get to keep more. If you have a $100 add on, instead of keeping $20, Fiverr could easily keep less and still make a huge profit.

Quicker pay, I like, but doubt will happen.

One thing you didnt mention which I think needs to be addressed is the feedback process. When a gig is completed is should be CLOSED to ALL changes. Instead right now a buyer can come back 6 months later and leave you negative feedback (no one would complain about positive feedback of course) if they never left feedback to begin with. I have had buyers come back many months later and ask for more stuff to be done for free OR they might leave negative feedback. That is blackmail in my opinion. But so far I see no changes.

Reply to @thisisrealnifty: Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

On that, it’s still an I don’t think so. Although I would love to get the entire $5, Fiverr provides us with this amazing platform to sell our services easily and safely! I think they deserve to get $1 out of each sale. They can’t run the whole site for free can they? They have to pay to keep Fiverr up.

That is just my opinion on it. 🙂

Reply to @ryangillam: Hahahaha… You are foolish young grasshopper. I have had that happen and Customer Support didnt do anything for me, because they said that the Buyer is entitled to their opinion and that I should try to mediate with the buyer to get him to change his feedback. The buyers are not so blatant as to say it the way I did. They will word it in a nice way but the intention is clear. Something like “I really want to give you a positive feedback, but could you do this for me?” Sounds nice right? But the implication is clear, “Do it or else”. Maybe you got better help because you are a top rated seller and I am not, who knows.

Reply to @beatcraigslist: Oh i had the same problem;

A buyer kept asking for more stuff and kept buttering me up saying “i’ll leave a really great review”, and after I did what they wanted it was another request with “i’ll leave a super great review”… I have to say, after that, i wish i had a ban button so they couldnt buy anything else from me.

Archived