Fiverr Forum

A few words about backlinks you can by on Fiverr [ARCHIVED]

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Robots.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Would be really rude if you let comments from fakes (as ozzieuk said “robots”) to be approved on your blog :slight_smile:

Don’t you ever let for fakes to come into your life:)) They might hurt your blog, bad!!

Happy that people around also in a good mood:)

Reply to @rambo35: I fully understand your point. You pay 5$ for 3K links and as result you get a maximum 10 links in Google with half of them on various adult sites.

Could be because your content is not unique and/or your link building was done wrong, plus little time passed since.

Consider various types of links as different tools. Like if you decide to build a house (OK; not house, let’s say a chair) you can’t do it only with knife, or solely with a hummer - you will need a set of tools - same principle is applicable in SEO!

BTW, doing some manual registrations (profiles, posts) on sites that can’t be beaten with bot-spammers - that is a good tactic.

Good luck!

Mike K.

Hello.

Most people dont know how to make SEO for websites. They think - more baklinks = better rankings. Its true but very important is backlink quality (quality over quantity).

What I have learned and what Im doing for SEO is:

1. Social Signals - you dont need anything else if you do it right (social bookmarks, social network shares, retweets, repins). I suggest GiGs with “TribePro” shares
  2. Always Use backlinks from video sharing sites like YouTube. You can rank video very fast in Youtube search engine and google. You will get tons of traffik to website from video.
  3. Web 2.0 properties and press release.

Hope it Helps.

Good Luck

Martin/proscan

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: If you write your own unique article’s, Google will find you and rank your site. Google love unique sites

Buying tons of backlinks is a very bad idea for SEO. I explain why in this forum thread: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/4261/if-it039s-artificial-it-probably-ain039t-good

Be very very careful. You may experience a quick ranking boost but it will be followed by a significant drop, and maybe even an deindexing of your site if Google deems your tactics egregious enough.

See the attached note sent out by Google webspam division to webmasters in Webmaster Tools last year:

I am having the hardest time keeping my page rank with my websites. Many of these seo and backlink gigs on Fiverr are decent gigs, but the content is what is lacking. It seems as if they just let the software do the work, provide a write up, end of story. You actually have to make sure the links are indexed or they won’t work. You get what you put in i guess.

Reply to @cust0mcr3ationz: You certainly do. Nothing worthwhile is cheap or easy

Really great tips! Thank you! :slight_smile:

One more backlink tip! Did not find any information about it on fiverr.

Now all links from Squidoo are “nofollow”…I see many people here buying squidoo lens gigs to get a backlink to their website. Unfortunately, dofollow option is not available anymore. Hence, you will never see a squidoo link for your website in the Google webmaster tool.

Reply to @rambo35: This has been a great thread. I wish I knew about the squidoo lens before buying one. Backlink gigs scare me; I don’t want my site to get penalized.

Reply to @musiclover: Just don’t buy xxxxx number of links straight to your main website. You can try large number backlinks gigs to your hub, ezinearticle, Prlog press release. This way you will not harm your website and rankings in search engins.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Automated software will be doing that, I’ll not mention the name of here but you will be spammed to death with it. If you’re running wordpress why not enable the Akismit plugin to cut that spam down (You’ll need a free API Key from their site)

Reply to @rambo35: Oh snap, that’s a great idea! Thank you!

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That was happening to me too on a few of my websites. Now I use a plugin to disable comments for the type of sites I have. But for what you do, you may want to activate the Akismit plugin like Wayne mentioned. I hate spam and I was getting spam notifications everyday.

One more backlink tip! Did not find any information about it on fiverr.

Now all links from Squidoo are “nofollow”…I see many people here buying squidoo lens gigs to get a backlink to their website. Unfortunately, dofollow option is not available anymore. Hence, you will never see a squidoo link for your website in the Google webmaster tool.

Reply to @rambo35: This has been a great thread. I wish I knew about the squidoo lens before buying one. Backlink gigs scare me; I don’t want my site to get penalized.

Reply to @musiclover: Just don’t buy xxxxx number of links straight to your main website. You can try large number backlinks gigs to your hub, ezinearticle, Prlog press release. This way you will not harm your website and rankings in search engins.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Automated software will be doing that, I’ll not mention the name of here but you will be spammed to death with it. If you’re running wordpress why not enable the Akismit plugin to cut that spam down (You’ll need a free API Key from their site)

Reply to @rambo35: Oh snap, that’s a great idea! Thank you!