A Fiverr "Oldtimer" has returned

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well during these times!

I used to be very active on Fiverr since the beginning of 2013! (time flies by) and I must say I was lucky enough to work on some fun gigs at the time and I was able to create a steady customer base.
Then by the end of 2015(-ish) I left the platform for other jobs I had to work on. I just returned recently and obviously all my old gigs are outdated (and disabled), some can’t even be reactivated (as I guess the “system” technically can’t access or update those gigs). But that’s besides the point, I created a couple new gigs already and even got my first customers, so I’m very pleased with that. Fiverr still rocks.
But here’s my question, are there any other “oldtimers” who are still around and who have some advice for some “returners from the old days” like myself to get up to speed on Fiverr today?

In the meantime obviously I’m doing my homework and am reading through all the new (from my point of view, anyway) documentation available and will play the catch-up game, I always love myself a challenge, so no complaints at all. Just happy if anyone is willing to share some tips, hi to any “old friends” still around and with this post to everyone else I’m (re-)introducing myself!

Stay safe, greetings from Rome, Italy
~Sal

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well during these times!

I used to be very active on Fiverr since the beginning of 2013! (time flies by) and I must say I was lucky enough to work on some fun gigs at the time and I was able to create a steady customer base.

Then by the end of 2015(-ish) I left the platform for other jobs I had to work on. I just returned recently and obviously all my old gigs are outdated (and disabled), some can’t even be reactivated (as I guess the “system” technically can’t access or update those gigs). But that’s besides the point, I created a couple new gigs already and even got my first customers, so I’m very pleased with that. Fiverr still rocks.

But here’s my question, are there any other “oldtimers” who are still around and who have some advice for some “returners from the old days” like myself to get up to speed on Fiverr today?

In the meantime obviously I’m doing my homework and am reading through all the new (from my point of view, anyway) documentation available and will play the catch-up game, I always love myself a challenge, so no complaints at all. Just happy if anyone is willing to share some tips, hi to any “old friends” still around and with this post to everyone else I’m (re-)introducing myself!

Stay safe, greetings from Rome, Italy

~Sal

I’m doing my homework and am reading through all the new (from my point of view, anyway) documentation available

Woooooh! Steady on! We’re not used to that in the forums. It could be dangerous and result in the regular forum lurkers having nothing to do!

Seriously though, I don’t think much has changed. If anything I’ve found my flow of work has become a little more consistent over the past year or so. I can’t explain why.

There also appears to be an influx of new sellers, no doubt as a result of the incredibly sad COVID-19 situation. So technically I would say competition has increased, but in reality my work hasn’t been affected.

In conclusion - business as usual.

I’m doing my homework and am reading through all the new (from my point of view, anyway) documentation available

Woooooh! Steady on! We’re not used to that in the forums. It could be dangerous and result in the regular forum lurkers having nothing to do!

Seriously though, I don’t think much has changed. If anything I’ve found my flow of work has become a little more consistent over the past year or so. I can’t explain why.

There also appears to be an influx of new sellers, no doubt as a result of the incredibly sad COVID-19 situation. So technically I would say competition has increased, but in reality my work hasn’t been affected.

In conclusion - business as usual.

Hehe, I’m sorry to disappoint the regular forum lurkers. 😂 Good to hear that things are working well for you and that things seem to be mostly the same. Looking forward to the weeks and hopefully years ahead!

Hehe, I’m sorry to disappoint the regular forum lurkers. 😂 Good to hear that things are working well for you and that things seem to be mostly the same. Looking forward to the weeks and hopefully years ahead!

For your sake my friend, I hope it won’t be years. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone!

Hi @vandidesign

I hope your memory is good and all that I said in the original version of this message will remain to support you.

I was FORCED to correct the text.

No desire in giving in so I just erased it all.

Welcome back. Wish you all the best.

Wow, thanks - not sure I deserve a gold metal for so little :hugs: As I understand the forum seems to be one of the places that must have changed over the last years… but I’m an optimist, so hopefully I can do my part to keep things light and positive. All the best to you as well!

Wow, thanks - not sure I deserve a gold metal for so little :hugs: As I understand the forum seems to be one of the places that must have changed over the last years… but I’m an optimist, so hopefully I can do my part to keep things light and positive. All the best to you as well!

No, you need gold and platinum and ruby. I just checked your profile and quality of the video is, well if we combine all from 1000 people who join Fiverr in last week we would not reach that quality.

(For you to have a better understanding the level we are dealing is they want to have Adobe after effect customized option but in Moviemaker)

And the German 😃 I studied German for a year 20 years ago, and all I remember is buchstabieren Sie bitte.

No, you need gold and platinum and ruby. I just checked your profile and quality of the video is, well if we combine all from 1000 people who join Fiverr in last week we would not reach that quality.

(For you to have a better understanding the level we are dealing is they want to have Adobe after effect customized option but in Moviemaker)

And the German 😃 Thanks for the compliments. If that’s the case then I guess that is good news for all the higher quality sellers. So we just identified a positive aspect! 🙂 And “Buchstabieren Sie bitte” works perfectly fine. Sehr gut! 🙂

Archived