Fiverr Forum

A green button over your profile picture?

Has anyone noticed?I guess it indicates that you are online.The question is how to turn it off.

Why to turn it off? This is a workspace. If you are online, that mean you are online and buyers need to get an answer from you.

All the best,

dukanu

Reply to @dukanu: No actually, there are days you dont want orders, but at the same time you keep your profile online to see if someone sends you a message.I am talking about those days.I dont know if its just me, but it happens to me.

If you want zero activity, I would pause all of your gigs on days you absolutely don’t want to communicate with customers. Make sure your fiverr browser and apps are closed.

That should do it.

Reply to @fawhash: You can simply reply you can’t get anymore orders, so they can order from others. There is no point to stay offline when you are actually online.

Reply to @fawhash: You mean people will order when they will see this green dot? how you got the order when this dot was not on your profile? so if you online or offline you will get orders if they interested in your product because they know that if your gigs are not paused its mean you are able to get orders and will get notified when you will have order.

I noticed that it green dot showing on at the buyer name when you going to reply the review, and at the message section with the name of whom you are messaging.

its great. i love this feature. it will give you more hope when you/buyer will send message to someone and he will 100% sure that he must will have the answer in short time.

Reply to @fawhash: I don’t think there is a way to turn that on or off. I have noticed a green dot under someones profile that indicates they are online. That’s a good thing for us as buyers to know that we can ask question and probably get a quicker response and then place an order.

This is not going to necessarily get you more orders on days you do not want it. Has that been happening to you? I would suggest just stay offline, and every once in awhile a couple of times a day you log on quickly to see if you have any messages to reply to.

I like these feature now we can do online chat :slight_smile:

Reply to @abidagfx: Maybe or maybe not. It seems that the green dot stays on when you computer is on and the page is on. I sometimes have Fiverr open but am not on that page working on other things. So I still only notice messages when I check my email. There is not “ding” like in facebook for example to let us know there is a message waiting for us.

Reply to @fawhash: It can be changed by going to Username > Settings > Public Profile Settings > Online Status. You can do so for an hour, a day, a week or forever. Please make sure you scroll down the page to see this option and when you see the field, choose the time frame and save your settings. :slight_smile:

Reply to @globalva: Thank you! like @fawhash, there are times I want to cbeck in “invisibly.” I love the online/offline option as long as it remains optional! :slight_smile:

Reply to @preetiyoga: That would be an cool addition!

@fawhash Good question! I’m with you. Take note of @glovalva instructions.

I like this addition as it use to just show ‘online’ for mobile when you are only in the app, now it’s full-fledged and much more accurate and I’m at my PC doing work way more than on the mobile platform.

However, I WOULD NOT TURN IT OFF. You’re gonna miss out on orders if you do. I can’t tell you how many times that a potential buyer contacts me for work and if I reply quickly then I get the job. If not, someone else will get. This is 2015 and customers want instant gratification and don’t want to wait to get something done. With so many sellers in your category, they will pass you right up and move on to the next. Being ‘online’ gets you more orders which means more money. If you don’t want that, why are you here…lol

Nice work Fiverr Team

DTong(TRS)

Reply to @gailbunning: when some one is online and you typing message message now it shows above the message box, like xxx typing… it is kind a online chat, would be nice if fiverr do it like fb online chat

Awesome And Great Feature

I Like It…

fawhash said: Has anyone noticed?I guess it indicates that you are online.The question is how to turn it off.

This is how you can turn it off. Just go to your Public Profile Settings :)

Reply to @kjblynx: I believe you use the Android app, am I correct? If so, for Android - you can click the 3 dots on top right, and select Go Online or Go Offline. Once that’s selected, it should change for you. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

Reply to @fonthaunt: My pleasure to help. And I totally understand the option to be “cloaked” from time to time. :slight_smile: