A little disappointment

lamentediabel

I must say that after two months and only one order, if I were to base my career only on what Fiverr achieved, I would consider it a disappointment. If it weren’t for the fact that I work between Las Vegas and Rome, plus a few other assignments here and there, I understand how those who fail to emerge here feel. I think it’s just a matter of luck.

I must say that after two months and only one order, if I were to base my career only on what Fiverr achieved, I would consider it a disappointment. If it weren’t for the fact that I work between Las Vegas and Rome, plus a few other assignments here and there, I understand how those who fail to emerge here feel. I think it’s just a matter of luck.

it’s just a matter of luck

Yes, it is matter of luck in most categories with high number of sellers and average demand.

It has very little to do with luck

When you are logo designer and by the time you type your decent cohesive reply meksellers send 300 of their offers, it has everything to do with luck. Luck to be in BR section in exact moment buyer requests becomes visible and you manage to read all and type reply and be in first 10-15 offers.

knowing your customers, offering quality, marketable services, and utilizing effective marketing techniques.

All true, but nothing that can be applied on Fiverr. It is too crazy for that.

These articles may help you

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Guidelines / Do’s and Dont’s - Updated 2018Of as much importance as the rules above, these are some additional items to keep in mind as they are suggested best practices and though they may not all be strictly against the rules, posts may be removed/edited and users may have their accounts affected if they push the boundaries too far. First - when the new forum was launched on 12/19/2016 it came with a default set of FAQs/Guidelines. These will be merged later, but for now they should also be…

I read a lot of wonderful posts here but never contributed much. So, in this post, I’ll share my insights for what I’ve learned in my Fiverr journey and how can you get more orders if you are a new and level 1 seller. A little about myself first- I am a 27 yr old digital marketer and joined Fiverr last September. I’ve been jumping forth and back from New Seller to Level 1 (credit to the order completion rate). I still don’t make much from Fiverr, it’s around $150-$200/month but it pays some of…

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

In my recent poll, the following results occurred. 51% of us admitted “I do not do enough marketing”30% of us know/believe “I do not show up in search results”Only 12% of us have “got an order from a client I brought to Fiverr myself”Only 10% of us have “got an order from a client through social media”7% said “Our marketing is not working even though I spend time and money on it”It is clear that we need to do more ourselves to build our business and increase our sales. If you read the fo…

We’ve all seen these posts here on the forum from time to time. Many sellers have the same question: “Why isn’t my gig visible when I search for it?” and “What’s up with Fiverr’s algorithm? My gig is on the last page!!!”. In this post I’ll try to answer those questions, and give some (hopefully) helpful tips and tricks to help you rank your gig in Fiverr Search, and get more orders and better visibility. This isn’t a full-proof guide in any way. Following these tips doesn’t guarantee top plac…

So many new sellers come on the forum complaining that they have been on the site for a few days or weeks and are fed up waiting for orders. Some sellers wait months or more to get their first order! Don’t wait! Check out: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers for hundreds of tips on how to get orders. Take time to read, learn, and take action! That is the only way to get orders! Be a Doer! Try it out for yourself! Good luck! slightly_smiling_face

Making money on Fiverr is becoming more difficult these days, with so many new people joining up hoping to earn money on Fiverr quickly. Here are my thoughts on this - and, yes, it involves some work and thought before publishing a gig!

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

it’s just a matter of luck

Yes, it is matter of luck in most categories with high number of sellers and average demand.

It has very little to do with luck

When you are logo designer and by the time you type your decent cohesive reply meksellers send 300 of their offers, it has everything to do with luck. Luck to be in BR section in exact moment buyer requests becomes visible and you manage to read all and type reply and be in first 10-15 offers.

knowing your customers, offering quality, marketable services, and utilizing effective marketing techniques.

I’m sorry, but that simply isn’t true. All of those things can, and should, be applied on Fiverr in order to be successful here, and I think the majority of successful sellers here are applying all of those things. We know our customers, we offer quality, marketable services, and we constantly tweak the in-Fiverr marketing of our gig.

I’m not debating your point about luck - but saying that @vibronx suggestions don’t apply to Fiverr just isn’t accurate.

after two months

Two months and you already consider it a disappointment? Then I have a bad news for you, freelancing might be not for you.

On average it takes a year to build a profitable business. Freelancing is a constant dealing with highs and lows, well, mostly lows at the beginning. You need to have a different mindset and instead of “disappointment” you should see an opportunity to learn otherwise you will simply fail at this.

after two months

Two months and you already consider it a disappointment? Then I have a bad news for you, freelancing might be not for you.

On average it takes a year to build a profitable business. Freelancing is a constant dealing with highs and lows, well, mostly lows at the beginning. You need to have a different mindset and instead of “disappointment” you should see an opportunity to learn otherwise you will simply fail at this.

183681_2.png mariashtelle1:

after two months

Instant gratification, they call it. Once people get accustomed to it, it’s hard for them to understand that things that really matter don’t work that way. 😉

I’m sorry, but that simply isn’t true. All of those things can, and should, be applied on Fiverr in order to be successful here, and I think the majority of successful sellers here are applying all of those things. We know our customers, we offer quality, marketable services, and we constantly tweak the in-Fiverr marketing of our gig.

I’m not debating your point about luck - but saying that @vibronx suggestions don’t apply to Fiverr just isn’t accurate.

I’m sorry, but that simply isn’t true.

knowing your customers, - he/she wants 150$ job to be done in 24 hours for $5 with unlimited revision

offering quality, - this is given

marketable services, - and where to market them

and utilizing effective marketing techniques - like what? There a re a lot of marketing techniques, none effective for Fiverr for all sellers.

knowing your customers, - he/she wants 150$ job to be done in 24 hours for $5 with unlimited revision

and utilizing effective marketing techniques - like what? There a re a lot of marketing techniques, none effective for Fiverr for all sellers.

I am giving a price of buyer what i want. but i don not work in under rates.

after two months

I have been doing my job successfully for at least fifteen years, I think I have the right experience, I do not complain about the earnings, I work live without problems, I am sorry I cannot use Fiverr as a sounding board to help other people and I understand those who use it as a major source of income, but thanks for the tip.

279184_2.png lamentediabel:

after two months

Instant gratification, they call it. Once people get accustomed to it, it’s hard for them to understand that things that really matter don’t work that way. 😉

I’m not a rookie, I don’t need instant gratification, and teasing is useless, thanks.

Knowing your customers = knowing what your target customers want. Position your gig to reach your target customers. For example (very simple example), offering lower prices to reach customers who are looking for the cheapest prices, or offering higher prices to position yourself as a premium option to reach customers who are looking for quality.

Not a given to everyone. 😉 Some sellers offer gigs in which they have no professional skills.

Marketable means something that is needed by a client, something there is demand for. If you offer something there is no demand for, you will get very few sales.

A few examples: Positioning (as described before), making your thumbnails stand out, and writing a gig description that sells…

knowing your customers

In our case, predominantly B2B customers who are reselling either video or eLearning services and need a slick voice over to sit over the top of their work. About 80% of our business is made up of one of those two services. We position our gigs accordingly.

Sure - but you said it couldn’t be applied to Fiverr.

For us, within Fiverr. Marketing is just as much about the presentation of your Gigs, Portfolio and Profile to ensure that when a customer searches, or filters through the services on offer, we provide enough information to convince them to work with us.

Outside of Fiverr, social media. When it’s done right, it can be huge. Offering insight on LinkedIn, gaining a following for your work on Instagram… selling without selling. It gets a bad rep here on the forum because people think it means spamming Twitter.

All I’m saying is that your original statement was extremely sweeping - that knowing your customers, offering quality and marketing weren’t applicable to Fiverr. Which is something I simply can’t agree with, and not exactly a statement you’d want a new seller to go away believing.

I have been doing my job successfully for at least fifteen years, I think I have the right experience, I do not complain about the earnings, I work live without problems, I am sorry I cannot use Fiverr as a sounding board to help other people and I understand those who use it as a major source of income, but thanks for the tip.

I have been doing my job successfully for at least fifteen years, I think I have the right experience, I do not complain about the earnings, I work live without problems,

Fiverr’s a bit different - it’s a different market, a different pricing scale … and a totally different way of working.

I’ve taken a look at your profile … the vegas crowd are not going to seek out your services here. Your job is to work out a target market that does come to Fiverr for the kind of services you offer. You’re not going to be able to do a cold reading on them - communication outside Fiverr is verboten - nor will you be able to persuade them with your charm (for the same reason). Background searches are difficult in a situation where everyone is anonymous.

So who is likely to search out the type of services you offer, here on Fiverr?

Think differently and you could have some success …

I think it’s just a matter of luck.

It’s really not if you understand how markets work and sell things that people want here and aren’t superfluous.

And it’s kind of insulting to suggest that people are only successful here because they got lucky…

I think it’s just a matter of luck.

It’s really not if you understand how markets work and sell things that people want here and aren’t superfluous.

And it’s kind of insulting to suggest that people are only successful here because they got lucky…

Isn’t insulting to say that people are successfull because they got lucky, luck is essential, maybe you are too touchy.

Isn’t insulting to say that people are successfull because they got lucky, luck is essential, maybe you are too touchy.

Read what I said again.

You were suggesting people are successful on Fiverr only because they got lucky.

That is indeed an insult.

And you’re just bitter you’re not making sales.

That can’t possibly be because you’re not selling what people want or because you’re superfluous and not standing out or exceptional in your market.

Nope. It’s just because you’re unlucky. And shame on me for noting how markets work.

You created a rant post to defame Fiverr after you failed here. And got defensive when I told you how sales works here.

But I’m the one who’s touchy.

😂

Read what I said again.

You were suggesting people are successful on Fiverr only because they got lucky.

That can’t possibly be because you’re not selling what people want or because you’re superfluous and not standing out or exceptional in your market.

Nope. It’s just because you’re unlucky. And shame on me for noting how markets work.

You created a rant post to defame Fiverr after you failed here. And got defensive when I told you how sales works here.

😂

Read what I said again.

If I were you I would think twice before saying that my post defames Fiverr, I thought this was a forum to talk about our experiences, mine was a disappointment arrived at two months of using this platform, not everyone has to think about it. the same way and attacking those who give their point of view is by really small people like you, good luck.

Luck? Did you expect to just post up a few gigs and receive instant success? From looking at your gigs there are plenty of things you could be doing to improve and to get more orders. In the two months you waited, you could’ve spent that time learning.

There are countless shades of gray between failure and success, my professional success is in real life, I didn’t wait two months, I do my business around the world, lately on the web due to health restrictions, but I assure you that Fiverr for me is a pastime, not a source of income, I only made a point of the situation after two months of using the platform. Reading your comments I’m sorry to know that you earn only and exclusively with Fiverr, so you think you have to defend this platform because it is your only hope of earning, I’m sorry for you, that’s all.

Read what I said again.

If I were you I would think twice before saying that my post defames Fiverr, I thought this was a forum to talk about our experiences, mine was a disappointment arrived at two months of using this platform, not everyone has to think about it. the same way and attacking those who give their point of view is by really small people like you, good luck.

Um no you said you didn’t make sales and that must be because people only make sales here because of luck.

Petty as heck not to mention insulting.

Whine all you want. You failed because you didn’t do it right not because you are unlucky.

You can’t succeed in business unless you own your role instead of blaming other things.

And I succeed here because people want what I sell and I stand apart believe it or not.

I reported here a never experience after two months on Fiverr and I was overwhelmed by sarcastic, disparaging comments, hatred, envy and touchiness. Do you consider yourself professionals? You should just be ashamed to treat someone like that who has only expressed a little disappointment.

Archived