A lot of Female Fake Profiles

dzynner

Hi. I have seen lots of female accounts that are using fake pictures and even fake whole profile. Is there anyway to block fake profiles?

Is there anyway to block fake profiles?

Not really. When the users create them, there is nothing to make those stand out in a way that would allow for an automatic block. It is unfortunate that the site is littered with these, but they do usually get banned eventually.

All you can really do is to watch for any ToS violations they do and report it to Customer Support. A fake profile picture might not be enough to report, though you can try it if you have proof it’s copied. A fake country is only reportable if you can prove it.

You can read through their gigs and gig descriptions to see if they offer any disallowed services (like reviews or homework assignments) or have a ToS violation in the description. For example, if you can find them giving out an email address, s***e ID, or a URL to their private websites, you can do report all of the above. Use screenshots for the best chance of getting the account eliminated to save Support the work of trying to hunt it all down. Other than that, there is no way for Fiverr to just “block” all of them.

Unfortunately, I dont think there’s a way to block fake profiles 😕 . I find it ridiculous that sellers fake their gender, country, etc on Fiverr. I don’t think this really works because at the end of the day, your success largely depends on the work you offer, how you present yourself and your client relationships.

Archived