A lot of people from "COUNTRIES I CANNOT NAME" asking for work?

huester1

Glad you changed that. Now we can discuss it. Here is a note of the forum rules for future reference:

Forum Rules - Updated 2017All users should read and understand the forum rules before posting. If you do not understand the rules, contact Customer Support. Users who post on the forum have implied agreement with the rules. It is assumed all users have read these rules and users who do not follow the rules may have forum accounts restricted with or without warning. This forum was created to provide a home for our Fiverr community. The forum is moderated. 1.) When starting a new discussion…

Well I can’t change it as it is my question.

If I said “people from a country that I cannot name” then that opens it to the whole world.

If I said “people from a country that I cannot name” then that opens it to the whole world.

I’m sure that a lot of people know exactly what you mean even without naming the countries, so don’t worry about it.

I used to get those messages (all my gigs are paused now, so they can’t message me and beg for work, yay!), or unsolicited offers to buy a whiteboard animation gig from them and use it as my gig video to increase my sales (coming from sellers with no sales yet). I just politely informed them that they’ve violated the ToS, blocked them and reported them.

What else am I supposed to say.

The country over there?

What else am I supposed to say.

The country over there?

again certain countries opens it up to the whole world.

Ohhhhh myyyyyy… I could laugh at all these!!! 😂

Now, a little more seriously and going into matter… What @lloydsolutions and @hanshuber16 told you is true and you know, rules are rules and we all must follow 😉

Same thing for what @catwriter said, we all know what you’re talking about ☺️

From my side, only one little observation though.

You say you’re about to immediately block them. Just try to be sure you’ll be blocking correctly as NOT everyone that just says “Hi” or “Hello” as a first message is someone we all know who you’re talking about (I tangled my tongue 😳)

I have come to the conclusion that these sole “hi”/“hello” messages are due to people messaging by phone and having a bit of a hard time writing through the inbox 😏

I am from one of those countries, I never asked anyone for work and I very well know that some people from my country and neighbours do that, they even did that with me too.

But I strongly suggest you to not to use word “Beg”, begging is asking for something without anything in return, I am pretty sure that they asked you for a job not for money, asking for work is not begging.

Also if you know a little bit of history then 3rd world countries of today were leaders of world 200 years back, British East India company similar from other European nations looted India, Pakistan, China and many others countries and exploited our resources, massacring millions of people in the process and leaving us in rubble.

But we are getting back, many big corporations are being run by Indian origin people so we will be in our previous level in next 40-50 years.

Please differ to use word “Beg”, you will be paying to get the work done. No one is asking you to donate them some money.

We are honest and hard-working people and we do not appreciate such derogatory words.

But I strongly suggest you to not to use word “Beg”, begging is asking for something without anything in return, I am pretty sure that they asked you for a job not for money, asking for work is not begging.

If a person asks for something even after the other person (in this case, the OP) says “no,” then it is nothing but begging.

The cultures are different in various parts of the world. I try to have patience. I know that life is very hard in some places and but for the mercy of the universe, I could have been born in a place where I was extremely desperate too.

Let it be a wake up call that if you live in a place where you do not have to plead with strangers to try to get a few dollars, you have been blessed. Have patience and understanding.

The cultures are different in various parts of the world. I try to have patience. I know that life is very hard in some places and but for the mercy of the universe, I could have been born in a place where I was extremely desperate too.

Let it be a wake up call that if you live in a place where you do not have to plead with strangers to try to get a few dollars, you have been blessed. Have patience and understanding.

Alas, if only we could have all been in beautiful Switzerland…

Nobody said life is easy…

I am from one of those countries, I never asked anyone for work and I very well know that some people from my country and neighbours do that, they even did that with me too.

Also if you know a little bit of history then 3rd world countries of today were leaders of world 200 years back, British East India company similar from other European nations looted India, Pakistan, China and many others countries and exploited our resources, massacring millions of people in the process and leaving us in rubble.

But we are getting back, many big corporations are being run by Indian origin people so we will be in our previous level in next 40-50 years.

Please differ to use word “Beg”, you will be paying to get the work done. No one is asking you to donate them some money.

We are honest and hard-working people and we do not appreciate such derogatory words.

asking for work is not begging.

Actually, it’s perfectly possible to beg for work/job, and that’s what they did.

Untitled-design.png.242fc88de9cf9c2fb432281d16cfe0bf.png My Career Groove – 22 Jan 18
Untitled-design-7.png.9920e84271b050d6946ae87c16166deb.png

Are you effectively begging for a job? Stop these habits before they ruin your...

Are you effectively begging for a job? Many job seekers don’t even realise what they are doing, so we share some common errors that job seekers make that effectively diminishes their job search efforts and career

Also if you know a little bit of history

I do know a little bit of history, and what was done to many countries is terrible.

you will be paying to get the work done

I won’t. Not for something I neither want nor need, and have never asked for.

we do not appreciate such derogatory words.

And I don’t appreciate spam. Plus, the phrase I used describes the behavior of certain sellers accurately.

That’s awesome, and I honestly wish you and your people all the best.

If a person asks for something even after the other person (in this case, the OP) says “no,” then it is nothing but begging.

How do you know that someone asked to OP multiple times? And even if they asked for multiple time are they asking for money?

They are asking for a chance to proof themselves, if you don’t like their work then simply do not accept the delivery or give them bad ratings, it’s pretty easy for buyers these days, right?

Blocking such person is perfect but calling them is beggar is wrong, it’s like comparing a bread thief with a habitual criminal.

How do you know that someone asked to OP multiple times? And even if they asked for multiple time are they asking for money?

They are asking for a chance to proof themselves, if you don’t like their work then simply do not accept the delivery or give them bad ratings, it’s pretty easy for buyers these days, right?

Blocking such person is perfect but calling them is beggar is wrong, it’s like comparing a bread thief with a habitual criminal.

even if they asked for multiple time are they asking for money?

Yes, they are. They’re repeatedly asking that someone pays them for something that that person neither wants nor needs.

It’s similar to repeatedly trying to sell one’s goods to a tourist, even though the tourist isn’t interested and is actually trying to get away from the seller. That kind of behavior is usually perceived as begging (and tends to make tourists avoid places where that might happen to them).

Where do you see “multiple times” in my message? (I edited that out the very next second I created the post.) If you want to hold on to things that are not relevant, then sure! Please be my guest.

And even if they asked for multiple time are they asking for money?

If the person were to take an order from me (which would otherwise earn me money), then OF COURSE! they are asking for money from me. Why is it so hard to understand? It is very simple logic.

Yes, they are. They’re repeatedly asking that someone pays them for something that that person neither wants nor needs.

It’s similar to repeatedly trying to sell one’s goods to a tourist, even though the tourist isn’t interested and is actually trying to get away from the seller. That kind of behavior is usually perceived as begging (and tends to make tourists avoid places where that might happen to them).

⬆️ BINGO!

@vibhanshu and @technidanstudio

First of all, be careful with the fights you fight in the name of others and always keep in mind that automatic solidarity is never good and doesn’t lead far.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with history, politics or whatever. There is something called “definition”, “sense”, “acceptation” and refers to the “meaning” a word or phrase can have depending on the context.

There’s also something called “synonym” being some of them: “crave”, “supplicate”, “demand”, “implore”. In the case that concerns us and that has raised such a fury, “beg” is the exact word that fits what is being discussed.

I’m also from a 3rd world country (well, on how things are going maybe I should say the 5th world country by now…) but that doesn’t prevent me from accepting when someone from my own country is doing something wrong. I don’t take it personal - it’s not me who they’re complaining about - and you shouldn’t either. Many of your fellows are doing wrong and that’s the truth.

I won’t be replying to any of this type of comments you 2 may continue posting as they are off topic and may not end well, I just wanted to leave you this reflexion to think on.

Archived