A Much-Needed and Well-Deserved Week Off

emeraldawnn

Those who know me here know that this chickie works two jobs - one for Fiverr and the other at a local school in the kitchen. It’s now Friday, and we’re getting an entire week off from school for Thanksgiving Break. To say I’m excited would be an understatement, especially since we busted our butts yesterday and made Thanksgiving dinner. Also, I’ve been working overtime pretty much since school began, as we’ve been short-handed. Most days, I’m never back at my computer after work unless it’s something pressing.

This break also means that instead of getting up at 2:30 or 3 a.m., I can sleep in until 5 or 6 and start working on Fiverr then. I have several projects I am going to tackle during the week and I’m making plans to get as much as I can done.

I’m also going to be spending some time with my dad this weekend, who is coming up. Apparently, I’m also making chili for him this weekend. It’s all good.

I am just excited beyond excited that Friday is here and at 1:30, I can clock out for an entire week.

BRING IT ON!

Those who know me here know that this chickie works two jobs - one for Fiverr and the other at a local school in the kitchen. It’s now Friday, and we’re getting an entire week off from school for Thanksgiving Break. To say I’m excited would be an understatement, especially since we busted our butts yesterday and made Thanksgiving dinner. Also, I’ve been working overtime pretty much since school began, as we’ve been short-handed. Most days, I’m never back at my computer after work unless it’s something pressing.

This break also means that instead of getting up at 2:30 or 3 a.m., I can sleep in until 5 or 6 and start working on Fiverr then. I have several projects I am going to tackle during the week and I’m making plans to get as much as I can done.

I’m also going to be spending some time with my dad this weekend, who is coming up. Apparently, I’m also making chili for him this weekend. It’s all good.

I am just excited beyond excited that Friday is here and at 1:30, I can clock out for an entire week.

BRING IT ON!

I’m also making chili for him

…can you save some for me…? 😍

Jokes aside, you deserve this break.

Enjoy!!!

I’m also making chili for him

…can you save some for me…? 😍

Jokes aside, you deserve this break.

Enjoy!!!

I can make a mean chili - too spicy for my family here but I absolutely love making chili. The secret to making chili I have found is to allow the seasonings to settle into the meat before you mix them together - roughly 10 minutes. This allows you to cleanup while you wait. The kids often have a difficult time choosing which one they are going to pick from (we give them two choices). Another great meal I make at the school is the nacho meat. It’s even harder for them because it’s on Crispito day. I always hear them ask me why I make it so difficult for them to choose. about 6 in 10 kids choose the nacho meat.

And yes, maaza_55, I do absolutely get up that early. I’m just generally in bed by 7 or 7:30. I am an early morning person. By 5 p.m. , I’m usually give out but stay strong until I can’t do it now more. My dad is the same way I am. 😃 I can blame him for it.

I can make a mean chili - too spicy for my family here but I absolutely love making chili. The secret to making chili I have found is to allow the seasonings to settle into the meat before you mix them together - roughly 10 minutes. This allows you to cleanup while you wait. The kids often have a difficult time choosing which one they are going to pick from (we give them two choices). Another great meal I make at the school is the nacho meat. It’s even harder for them because it’s on Crispito day. I always hear them ask me why I make it so difficult for them to choose. about 6 in 10 kids choose the nacho meat.

And yes, maaza_55, I do absolutely get up that early. I’m just generally in bed by 7 or 7:30. I am an early morning person. By 5 p.m. , I’m usually give out but stay strong until I can’t do it now more. My dad is the same way I am. 😃 I can blame him for it.

That is amazing! The only instances where I wake up that early are when I have trains/planes to catch. Most of the time, I end up staying awake and heading straight to the station/airport because if I go to bed, I’m out cold. Alarms and I just don’t get along. xP

Do you and your dad follow this routine because of the health benefits associated with it? I remember reading somewhere that waking up very early in the morning helps further concentration, productivity and also general well-being/peace of mind. Would you say this is true? :thinking:

That is amazing! The only instances where I wake up that early are when I have trains/planes to catch. Most of the time, I end up staying awake and heading straight to the station/airport because if I go to bed, I’m out cold. Alarms and I just don’t get along. xP

Do you and your dad follow this routine because of the health benefits associated with it? I remember reading somewhere that waking up very early in the morning helps further concentration, productivity and also general well-being/peace of mind. Would you say this is true? :thinking:

For me, absolutely. I am the most productive in the morning - I have so much energy and get so much done.

Like right now, I’m on my last article for a project - There were about 4,000 words 3,500 to 4,000 words I had to do. I’ve also already edited the articles to send off here before work. I’ve made breakfast, did three loads of laundry, made the kid his lunch for school and got myself ready for work. Now, this day, I didn’t get up until 3:45 - only because I wanted to sleep in (LOL). So, I still managed to do all this and it’s just now 7 a.m. my time.

Waking up early for me allows me also to get in exercise if I want or need it.

For me, absolutely. I am the most productive in the morning - I have so much energy and get so much done.

Like right now, I’m on my last article for a project - There were about 4,000 words 3,500 to 4,000 words I had to do. I’ve also already edited the articles to send off here before work. I’ve made breakfast, did three loads of laundry, made the kid his lunch for school and got myself ready for work. Now, this day, I didn’t get up until 3:45 - only because I wanted to sleep in (LOL). So, I still managed to do all this and it’s just now 7 a.m. my time.

Waking up early for me allows me also to get in exercise if I want or need it.

Woah, that is a lot of work done by 7 am. I’m seriously impressed!

You may have just intrigued me enough into switching up my sleeping schedule, @emeraldawnn 😄 (God knows mine could use some help, it’s absolutely abysmal lol)

Congratulations, @emeraldawnn on a vaca from at least one of your jobs. I substitute teach and work on Fiverr. I have been on OOO on Fiverr and not signed up for any subbing jobs for this whole week, and I will not go off of OOO until the Friday after Thanksgiving.

My house really needed my attention (thanks to my hubby moving his business inventory into our home), and since I am hosting Thanksgiving 🇹🇷

I like your hint about putting the spices in the meat in the chili. However, it would be even better if you shared your recipe! 😉 I have been looking and looking for a good chili recipe. Right now I use the prepackages spices. Actually, I use the Wendy’s recipe from Allrecipes. PMing me the recipe is fine. 🙂

I spent most of yesterday (before my dad’s arrival) with the laptop down and the PS3 controller in my hand playing Bejewled 3 and Worms with the kids. I had my phone next to me and I was listening to SiriusXM radio on it. I had a made blueberry cornbread muffins with a lemon glaze earlier and was just kicking back.

Of course, today, I’ve done 5 articles so far and I’m editing another before I have to head to the store for some fixings for dinner and my son’s medication. Needless to say, it was nice to relax yesterday. While it would seem I was back in the grind today, I’m really not. Just working a little this morning and then spending the afternoon with the family.

Love that I can work when I want to this week - and not have to stress over my job at the school. I love it and the kids but some days I think to myself WHY do I put myself through it. I make more writing than I do at the school, but I still do it every day.

This week has been great.

No school this work has allowed me to sleep like I needed, work when I wanted and spend time with my family. My son, 12, treated me to the movies last night to go see Ralphs Wrecks the Internet. He had a gift card from a friend of mine for his birthday back in the summer. We had a great time. Then, we spent about 2 hours at the mall, shopping for Christmas presents and walking it.

It’s been a relaxing week for the most part. I’ve enjoyed being with my family and away from work. It’s made me think that working two jobs isn’t what I need to be doing much longer. That or we need people who will pick up their weight and do the job right. I’m tired of being the one picking up the slack, because I KNOW what needs to be done and how it’s got to be done. One of the girls that works with us decided that last week was her last week and didn’t say nothing until the first day of vacation (really crappy way to quit at the busiest time of our year). I never cared for her anyway. Good riddance to be honest!

Work starts in two days but I’ve managed to get more done so far today than any other day. I’ve had a lot of research articles to get done for a client, but even he’s not completely due until the 30th of this month - I’m almost done though.

Only bummer is that I’ve been so unhinged with things that I never made it to the gym. I need to change that. I have to find a way to get to the gym… even if it’s for a short-time. It’s a necessity for my mental health. Hence the reason why I walk the mall early in the morning. Believe it or not, a two-time walk around our mall is about 2 miles. I’m all for it. It relaxes me and I need that. If that means I do it first thing before work to stay calm, it’s what I do.

Needless to say, I’m already counting down to Christmas break… .got 27 days to go for that necessary two-week gotta recover break,

BRING IT ON!

No school this work has allowed me to sleep like I needed, work when I wanted and spend time with my family. My son, 12, treated me to the movies last night to go see Ralphs Wrecks the Internet. He had a gift card from a friend of mine for his birthday back in the summer. We had a great time. Then, we spent about 2 hours at the mall, shopping for Christmas presents and walking it.

It’s been a relaxing week for the most part. I’ve enjoyed being with my family and away from work. It’s made me think that working two jobs isn’t what I need to be doing much longer. That or we need people who will pick up their weight and do the job right. I’m tired of being the one picking up the slack, because I KNOW what needs to be done and how it’s got to be done. One of the girls that works with us decided that last week was her last week and didn’t say nothing until the first day of vacation (really crappy way to quit at the busiest time of our year). I never cared for her anyway. Good riddance to be honest!

Work starts in two days but I’ve managed to get more done so far today than any other day. I’ve had a lot of research articles to get done for a client, but even he’s not completely due until the 30th of this month - I’m almost done though.

Only bummer is that I’ve been so unhinged with things that I never made it to the gym. I need to change that. I have to find a way to get to the gym… even if it’s for a short-time. It’s a necessity for my mental health. Hence the reason why I walk the mall early in the morning. Believe it or not, a two-time walk around our mall is about 2 miles. I’m all for it. It relaxes me and I need that. If that means I do it first thing before work to stay calm, it’s what I do.

Needless to say, I’m already counting down to Christmas break… .got 27 days to go for that necessary two-week gotta recover break,

BRING IT ON!

That or we need people who will pick up their weight and do the job right.

I have found that if you always pick up the slack, there is a line of people waiting to let you. 😕

I do it first thing before work to stay calm,

I think this is the key. Just go before getting involved in work.

I am happy for you! ☺️

Archived