A Proud Moment For India

Guest logoeasy

Guest logoeasy

India’s Manushi Chhillar becomes the 67th Miss World, the sixth Indian contestant to take the title.

The 21 year-old beat Miss Mexico and Miss England into second and third place at the 67th edition of the beauty pageant in Sanya, China.

The winner of last year’s title, Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle passed on her crown to Ms Chhillar.

The medical student was clearly surprised with by her win, beating 118 contestants from around the world.

As per news reports …
Interestingly, when Chhillar made it to top five and was asked which profession deserves the highest salary and why, it was her answer that won over the jury. She has been quoted as saying, “I think a mother is of highest respect. I don’t think it’s just about cash but love and respect she gives to someone. She is the biggest inspiration in my life. Mother should get the highest respect.”

The likes of Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai besides Priyanka have paved their way to Bollywood post their big wins and it’ll be interesting to see how Chhillar carves her graph.
missw.jpg.44c65af76597b5e559959369aa3469c2.jpg

Well, she is pretty…[i was in school the first time we had a Miss World/Miss Universe - 1994. Back then there was a lot of excitement and it was talked about for months. This time it is just an interesting but minor news.People have too much information/news/events to track.]

@newsmike, would be more curious what her first Bollywood flick is going to be 😉

I was in school the first time we had a Miss World/Miss Universe - 1994. Back then there was a lot of excitement and it was talked about for months.

And this commentary… of how it’s all a ploy by Cosmetics MNCs to have foray into India. The queens showed their mettle eventually. (👀 at Aishwarya Rai, Proyanka chopra)

Archived