A sad story!-How a buyer is enabled cancelled even the fund is cleared!

jessikaca

This is a sad story for me which i am going to share with your all you guys. I am sharing with you as i hope you will not fall into trap like me.

About 1 months ago a buyer has given me completing SEO work for his/her. He or she ordered me $585. I have successfully done her job and she has given me positive review and 5 star ratting. After days past my order fund was cleared and i was preparing to load the money to my fiverr card. But it is a matter of great sorrow that in at noon before taking my meals, i log into my fiverr account and astonished the buyer’s completed orders were cancelled even the fund is cleared and my fiverr account balance show (-$468) How pain!!!. i am felling distress as i have to pay my worker from whose i had jointly completed the order, i got payment or not. Then soon i contact fiverr customer support for the first time in my fiverr life. They replied me nicely and report me like the following…

(((The chargeback was filed for the payments made for these orders outside of Fiverr. The funds are now being held by Paypal and are not in our hands.
Whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction or put it on hold (for example - stolen credit card or other fraud activities). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.
Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr, and that we want every Gig order to be successful. If a buyer abused his PayPal privileges, it is something literally beyond our control, but our Trust & Safety Team is already reviewing this buyer’s actions.
Buyers who do file disputes on their payments made to Fiverr, whether intentional or purposely held by PayPal for security screening, must resolve those disputes in order to participate again in the Fiverr community, as they are in clear violation of our terms of service.
We are sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you)))

I respect their language and rules as they have no control upon Paypal but the loss is mine. Now i am remembering those 30 days’ hard work without any coin or $. But i have to pay my worker or team mates.

So guys please take care yourself about your big orders. I pray that you will not fall into trap like the trap which has been caused with me

Really sorry for you. May I suggest breaking your orders into smaller orders of $100 each and finishing them in a time bound manner? This will insulate you against huge losses in the future. But PayPal chargeback is something that can happen to anyone, and there’s no protection against it for us sellers unfortunately.

That won’t necessarily work, as PayPal disputes can still be done long after the funds have been taken out–and on multiple orders as well. The onus here is really on Fiverr to make some changes to its payment system rather than passing the non-existent buck onto the seller. Fiverr might not “get paid”, but I can think of at least one example in which a seller managed to claw back their money. They did claim to have a friend at HQ though, which I’m sure greased the wheels somewhat.

All in all, I think regarding it as unfortunate allows the situation to remain as it is. Fiverr’s big enough to work out a new payment system, as neither buyer (“why can’t I take my money out? SCAM!”) and seller (“how is this fair? SCAM!”) are really getting a good deal here. Does PayPal give interest for money that sits in an accounts coffers? Just wondering…

That 20% commission can go to fixing problems like this. But no sellers get the shaft. Plain and simple. They really dont care about sellers. Its very true. Always has been.
Do your orders in small chunks to avoid this , but there is no way to really avoid it if someone wants to scam you over its all too easy ,as pointed out by the op.

"Please keep in mind that when you don’t get paid, neither does Fiverr"
What a sob story, their only job was to act as escrow and they failed. Nice to see they can take time out to make deals with PayPal for transaction fees but not to actually secure their platform’s integrity.

Archived