Fiverr Community Forum

A small query regarding cancellation!

I joined Fiverr about four months ago and I have a couple of gigs. I have one that is performing very well and one that is practically invisible. Yesterday, I got an order on the latter gig. However, when I opened the documents, I realized the buyer wants me to write an entire research article for school (sigh). Clearly, it’s against the TOS! So I contacted CS, but they haven’t reverted. So should I cancel the orders directly (he placed two orders, both academic), since the date of delivery is tomorrow. If I do cancel them, will it effect the ranking of my other gig which is performing very well? My order completion is currently 99%. I just don’t want my good gig to be effected by this.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Yes, cancellation effect gig ranking but I can see, you have orders on your other gig, gig ranking will be better in a few days, when you will have other completed orders.

1 Like

No, because the orders are academic (and the buyer is breaking TOS), CS will cancel them without them affecting your profile (I’ve had this happen a few times to me too). CS is swamped right now, so it may take some time to get back to you. Don’t worry.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you so much! Sorry for bugging you with another question, I’m just a little worried! Should I just let it be even if the delivery is tomorrow? Or is it better if I request for mutual cancellation?

No problem at all. You could request a mutual cancellation too, that’s what I did for peace of mind. Your cancellation rate might go down, but CS will fix it when they see your ticket.

Thank you so much! You’ve been very helpful.

1 Like