A Soldier's Mentality

writer99025

Soldiers or warriors don’t cry about what could have been, and why something is the way it is. They don’t fear the future and worry about what’s going to happen to them. They do what they can under the present circumstances, whatever life throws at them, and have only one thing on their mind - what do I do NOW? Focus on the “NOW”, focus on the present, past is gone, future will take care of itself - just focus on the NOW. Develop the mentality of a soldier, a warrior.

You are speaking like Dale Carnegie, lol!

But so true, we get better outcomes by accepting the circumstances and working best out of them rather than whining about them.

Never read him, surprisingly. My thoughts were related to Indian soldiers and their families. If they start thinking about what’s gonna happen if I get killed or injured, what will happen to my family, who will take care of them, and quit fighting and protecting the country, then India will cease to exist, none of us will have the lives we have. We worry so much about not getting orders, that “I am $500 less this month compared to the last month” etc. that we don’t understand how easy we have it and how spoiled we are. Just a thought.

Never read him, surprisingly. My thoughts were related to Indian soldiers and their families. If they start thinking about what’s gonna happen if I get killed or injured, what will happen to my family, who will take care of them, and quit fighting and protecting the country, then India will cease to exist, none of us will have the lives we have. We worry so much about not getting orders, that “I am $500 less this month compared to the last month” etc. that we don’t understand how easy we have it and how spoiled we are. Just a thought.

Great thought…👍

large.jpg.74fdf861a5236720655808964136e164.jpg

I would definitely recommended to read his “How to stop worrying and start living” (and other very famous book). Reading it was one of the turning point of my life. No hyperbole. 😇

The first chapter was about living in the moment - in day tight compartments. He goes on to explain how Jesus asked to pray for the daily bread not the bread of tomorrow or cry over the bread of yesterday.

I would definitely recommended to read his “How to stop worrying and start living” (and other very famous book). Reading it was one of the turning point of my life. No hyperbole. 😇

The first chapter was about living in the moment - in day tight compartments. He goes on to explain how Jesus asked to pray for the daily bread not the bread of tomorrow or cry over the bread of yesterday.

Buying that book right now on my Kindle. I only heard of his book “How to win friends, Influence People” which I didn’t care about as I don’t care about making friends. LOL.

Buying that book right now on my Kindle. I only heard of his book “How to win friends, Influence People” which I didn’t care about as I don’t care about making friends. LOL.

That was the famous book I was speaking about 😉

You don’t appear to be needing ‘How to stop…’ right now, but always keep that book in mind. It can be a tremendous source of HOPE when one is in dispair.

That was the famous book I was speaking about 😉

You don’t appear to be needing ‘How to stop…’ right now, but always keep that book in mind. It can be a tremendous source of HOPE when one is in dispair.

Yes, true that. I am fine now, but who knows what’s going to happen tomorrow. Already bought the book, just 61 rupees.

Yes, true that. I am fine now, but who knows what’s going to happen tomorrow. Already bought the book, just 61 rupees.

Yes, true that. I am fine now, but who knows what’s going to happen tomorrow.

Tomorrow you’ll get married. I think, that’s a good enough reason to keep that book 😂

Archived