A tip to ensure repeat customers!

ksutts

Hey everyone, here is a quick tip to ensure you have customers that come back, especially if you are just starting out here on Fiverr!

I am going to speak towards all gigs but I am going to use an example highlighting Voice Over gigs.

In the Voice Over industry I get clients who often times ask for a quick read - something under 100 words. They ask for a specific emotion: excited, energetic, ominous… the list goes on. When I am working on a shorter project, one that is not a 400 + word documentary or and E book, I am able to do a couple of different takes with a slight difference to the emotion. For example. Energetic could be portrayed differently for everyone, just as the color red may be seen slightly different to different eyes and different people. So where am I going with this? Give your work away! well, not completely…

When a client asks for an order deliver additional files at no extra cost, especially starting out. You may think this is crazy, or too much work, but it is not! It is the same thing any farmer would do when starting a garden, or planting a tree. They would give those new plants additional support, they would put in a little extra work. Why? So they grow and bear fruit! Same thing here. If it takes you an extra 30 minutes or even an hour to deliver one or two additional files/ takes of the project, this will show your client that you actually care and want them to be happy. Even if what you driver to them is not “perfect” in their eyes, they are more willing to purchase a revision or even come back to work with you again because they know you care and want them to have an awesome product.

Don’t be trying to blow through the clock and complete a project quickly without offering the client a professional product that is exactly what they want and what they need. Remember, the final product, that you deliver, is your work and the last impression that you will give to the client.

I hope this will help you and I wish you all much success!

Have an awesome day and go make your clients happy! Do great work!

I agree. Here is another way to look at it. You are selling service, you just happen to include a voice over with that service package. Figure out what service is expected and make sure that is built into your price.

Focus on selling items that are already repeat orders. Which type of clients only purchase 1 voice over? Which type of clients need 1 or 2 voice overs per week? You want to serve both, but how do you focus more effort on reaching the repeat customer?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived