Fiverr Community Forum

A virus impacting my life, but not my determination!

I will be off 2 weeks as my child’s nursery school has reported 2 infections from the staff…

This has been a shock into my desire to grow on Fiverr, as previously I could not possibly think of delivering any projects while having to take care of my 2 very young children. But I am willing to find new ways around and get smart about it, instead of blaming the world and put my life into pause.

I hope everyone affected by the virus somehow in their life will keep their drive and desire to succeed, because I am not going to let this pandemic dictate the way I should live.

Stay safe everyone !

22 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

OK for some reason my post got flagged. :astonished:
Was it because I left a message in Japanese to the OP???
I am aware that the majority of the forum users are English speakers and
therefore I should type in English as well, was I flagged because people felt
uncomfortable for not being able to read my post?
If anyone felt so I do apologize, but to the ones who decided to flag my post,
I told the OP to please stay safe, along with her family loved ones as a fellow Japanese.

I did read the forum guidelines just in case, I don’t think I saw anything that says
“don’t leave a message in a language other than English.”
Or am I missing something?? :thinking:

6 Likes

I haven’t seen your post.

The reason why your post might have been flagged is because the language of the forum is English.

If you wish to post in another language you just need to provide a translation.

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I swear I’ve seen several posts where it wasn’t in English, and I don’t think they’ve been flagged or deleted.
I thought it wasn’t necessary to leave a translation because it was directed to the OP, but oh wellz. I guess some people didn’t like it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Simply add the translation on the post, flagged will be removed autometically :wink:

2 Likes

No need for that anymore, the message was seen by the OP and she kindly responded to me.

4 Likes

I also got flagged because I used Japanese. I was not aware that this forum is English only.

Anyway thank you for your kind words, I will make sure to stay safe and avoid going out as much as I can.

3 Likes

Does it say in the guideline that all posts must be in English, and translations needs to be added otherwise you will get flagged?
I was “told” to read the guidelines by the system and I don’t think I saw it anywhere.
I get it, if you type in a language that others might not understand that might come across as offensive for some people, but if it doesn’t say so in the guideline, it feels awkward to be told to read the guidelines. :thinking:

3 Likes

From old version of guidelines,

The forum is primarily English-based simply because the majority of Fiverr users can all communicate in English making it a simple choice for a common language. It is not against the rules to post in other languages, but users should be aware that non-English posts may end up in editorial review for an indefinite period. This is not due to discrimination or problems with any specific language. We do not have moderators who can read every language, therefore we cannot be rapidly certain that posts are in line with the rules. When there isn’t time to use software translation or the translation is too poor to use, the post will be moved to a pending review queue for further examination. Some will be returned to the forum at a later time. We recommend that users consider posting in English. Another idea is to make your post in English and then repeat it in any other language of your choice, making it clear that it is a translation. Be aware that if a user abuses this idea by post an incorrect translation, the user may be subject to warning, temporary suspension, or permanent ban.

Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's .

4 Likes

And here we are : back to my recording booth ! Thankfully everyone is safe ! :hugs:

2 Likes