Ability To write email address?

king_of_kings

email addresses are not allowed because we might communicate off fiverr.sometimes my buyers need to assign full premission to my email Recently i sent email to one of my buyer .and fiverr sent warning to me .and i pinged Support …
They Responded :
just write in the messages that you are sending your buyers why do you need the email for, that’s it.when you are communicating with the buyer, you send them the email address and write in that same mesage what do you need it for.

Regards

Fiverr Customer Support

I am A shopify developer. So I must provide my email address. Because If I not provide, there is no way that clients make me an staff member of their store and also I am not able to start the work .
So what I supposed to do then , if I not provide the email address???

Well the OP actually answered the issue… You only supply an email address when it is absolutely necessary and you state CLEARLY in the SAME MESSAGE why you need to give or receive an email address.

e.g. Dear Mr Smith, as you have asked me to be an admin on your Facebook account https://■■■■■■■■■■■■/MrSmithsFacebookpage/ I will need to give you my email address so you can enter it when setting me as an admin role on the Facebook page

P.S. As a side note… if the text below is a quote from Fiverr support - who taught them English? :o

==
They Responded :
just write in the messages that you are sending your buyers why do you need the email for, that’s it.when you are communicating with the buyer, you send them the email address and write in that same mesage what do you need it for.

Regards

Fiverr Customer Support

To my knowledge all of the gigs that require the exchange of information such as s***e consultations or in your case an email address for your gig, will have to get approved by fiverr. If you don’t get this approved your are risking your account.

Response Regarding Paypal Request From buyer !
I would advise you, for the future, to write in your gig description that for the purposes of the gig you will need to request PayPal details/contact/payment information etc. from your clients.

Also, I would advise you to always contact us and notify us (as you did in this case) so we can be aware of this.

Please note that sharing contact or payment information is otherwise against our policy, however, we will make an exception here.

If you have any further issues please let us know.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ask Question from customer support of fiverr they responded to me :just write in the messages that you are sending your buyers why do you need the email for, that’s it.when you are communicating with the buyer, you send them the email address and write in that same mesage what do you need it for.

Regards

Hello,

We are web developers and we have few local clients who wants SEO work.

We check your review and it is excellent.

We want to place order of SEO work for our local clients.

Which information do you require for our website SEO work?

Regards,
Iconicseo

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I’m new seller of fiverr.com, a buyer asked me my email id and by mistakely i provide it. I don’t know about Terms and Condition of fiverr.com, later I message him it is given by mistake and further communicating with our project will be continue on fiverrr.com platform messaging system, my friend tell me it is illegal to sent email id to buyer. I hope my account is safe.

Archived