About block the seller

logotodaydesign

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think of blocking a recent or previous buyer you didn’t enjoy working for? Have any of you done that? Or blocked a buyer who left less than five stars? To prevent them from ordering from you again.

I have blocked buyers for similar reasons - if the vibe was off but - mostly however, because they did not read a gig description … and once informed of what the gig entails (suggesting next time they read gig descriptions thoroughly so they know exactly what they are buying) - being met with a simple “Okay I’ll just get a refund” – (effecting my analytics s badly.)

Pfffffffffffft!! “Just get a refund”/cancel??!! Do you realize how terribly this effects us sellers? 👀

NOTE TO BUYERS: PLEASE READ GIG DESCRIPTIONS AND FAQs THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU PRESS BUY TO BE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT

Thanks in advance :+1:t4:

I’d rather not work with people who are careless that way - I want people who order my gig to understand exactly what they ordered.

I am still not understanding why fiverr is holding on to making the seller responsible for things out of their control - such as cancellations like this.

When I ask for help cancelling - because the buyer hasn’t submitted requirements etc - it’s always the same response - “WE know it’s unfair, and not your fault but your analytics will be affected badly… that’s just how it is…” - in a nutshell…

It’s entirely frustrating. But that’s a whole other topic.

I block buyers I did not enjoy working with. I also block buyers who seem shady once they contact me before they can order.

It seems like we have to “report” them for some good reason to block them and as you say, I block them if they seem shady before they order or are annoying. I’m sure it has saved me a lot of trouble already.

Even when I block a buyer they are still able to purchase gigs from me.

Blocking is my favorite feature. Every refund hurts you, and some buyers order more than once, and demand refunds each time, or every other time. Since I can’t afford that, I just block them.

It’s one of the beast features Fiverr has created. It also encourages unhappy buyers to find new sellers.

How is that possible? When I block them, they can’t even message me just like I can’t message them.

Then again, some of my problem buyers are the people who message first, and won’t order unless you engage them. So by block them, they probably get angry and end up buying from someone else.

Your situation must be different. But I sympathize, sometimes Fiverr does things halfway, they let you choose the number of revisions, but a buyer can still demand unlimited revisions.

Blocking is my favorite feature. Every refund hurts you, and some buyers order more than once, and demand refunds each time, or every other time. Since I can’t afford that, I just block them.

It’s one of the beast features Fiverr has created. It also encourages unhappy buyers to find new sellers.

How is that possible? When I block them, they can’t even message me just like I can’t message them.

Then again, some of my problem buyers are the people who message first, and won’t order unless you engage them. So by block them, they probably get angry and end up buying from someone else.

Your situation must be different. But I sympathize, sometimes Fiverr does things halfway, they let you choose the number of revisions, but a buyer can still demand unlimited revisions.

some of my problem buyers are the people who message first, and won’t order unless you engage them.

I’m suspicious now of those who want long messaging.

blocking someone with appropriate reason is one sort of gentleness. if the person who got blocked try to do bad with another seller and this seller submit a request to CS to inquire then CS definitely will see meanwhile this person was blocked with the same issue by other.

some of my problem buyers are the people who message first, and won’t order unless you engage them.

Some are just people waiting for you to tell them to order. I’ve had folks ask me “can I order now?”

Some will message about Gig A then tell you they need Gig B or Gig C, etc.

They don’t worry me, the ones who write “Hey, I have a business proposition” or put some weird attachment worry me, but those are easy to decline and block if they keep bothering you.

The truth is that no buyer is good or bad until you deliver, that’s when you find out who your buyer really is.

Me too! Or in interested buyers who are super persistent and demanding PRE-ORDER in messaging… They’re almost guaranteed - going to be a problem once they purchase.

I’d love to be able to prevent a buyer from ordering, because I always sense when there will be an issue before hand…

What do you guys think of blocking a recent or previous buyer you didn’t enjoy working for? Have any of you done that? Or blocked a buyer who left less than five stars? To prevent them from ordering from you again.

Nope that is not a reason to block the buyer the reason is that one buyer massage me for a work but he did not know what he want do I am told him I can not do your order but he always please help me and after this he is start black mailing I am going to reort you to fiverr

Me too! Or in interested buyers who are super persistent and demanding PRE-ORDER in messaging… They’re almost guaranteed - going to be a problem once they purchase.

I’d love to be able to prevent a buyer from ordering, because I always sense when there will be an issue before hand…

Me too! Or in interested buyers who are super persistent and demanding PRE-ORDER in messaging

There are those who want something more than just what the order is for from you and are manipulative. It’s more of an ego boost or some sort of issue where you become the victim somehow.

In my latest blocking case, I was glad to be rid of the buyer. I was tired of the constant I want a discount, I bring you all this business. I think he ordered a total of 23 times in four years. I’ve had a buyer who’ve been working with since 2011 and ordered from me more than 150 times. After this last one of him and the $10, I was done with him. I was nice enough to say perhaps it was time to find someone in his budget range at all times - not just for when there is a discount. After that, he proceeded to tell me I was a waste of his time.

A waste of HIS time? If you mean working with me 23 times and not respecting me and the prices I set forth, then so be it. You can’t please everybody but it gets to the point where being passive aggressive doesn’t work for me. When I first said no to the price, you should have known not to haggle with me. Then, to go off and say that I was a waste of his time and claim my denial of working with him will help him to find someone better to work with. Sure, you’re right. You will find someone you find just as good or won’t. Either way, I didn’t care anymore.

Fiverr’s block the buyer/seller feature was long overdue.

In my latest blocking case, I was glad to be rid of the buyer. I was tired of the constant I want a discount, I bring you all this business. I think he ordered a total of 23 times in four years. I’ve had a buyer who’ve been working with since 2011 and ordered from me more than 150 times. After this last one of him and the $10, I was done with him. I was nice enough to say perhaps it was time to find someone in his budget range at all times - not just for when there is a discount. After that, he proceeded to tell me I was a waste of his time.

A waste of HIS time? If you mean working with me 23 times and not respecting me and the prices I set forth, then so be it. You can’t please everybody but it gets to the point where being passive aggressive doesn’t work for me. When I first said no to the price, you should have known not to haggle with me. Then, to go off and say that I was a waste of his time and claim my denial of working with him will help him to find someone better to work with. Sure, you’re right. You will find someone you find just as good or won’t. Either way, I didn’t care anymore.

Fiverr’s block the buyer/seller feature was long overdue.

After that, he proceeded to tell me I was a waste of his time.

A waste of HIS time? If you mean working with me 23 times and not respecting me and the prices I set forth, then so be it. You can’t please everybody but it gets to the point where being passive aggressive doesn’t work for me. When I first said no to the price, you should have known not to haggle with me. Then, to go off and say that I was a waste of his time and claim my denial of working with him will help him to find someone better to work with.

It helps me to be fully aware of the personality disorders we sometimes run into in clients and how not only are they passive aggressive but also project their issues onto us. That “you are a waste of my time” comment along with the comment about “help him find someone better” are typical narcissistic abuse and projection. I mention this after becoming aware something was going on with some particularly difficult clients. It was not about their order or my work but something else that I had to figure out.

Why would you want to block a buyer; if you have issue with them why not resolve it. This is business, a disagreement today can become cordial relationship tomorrow if you manage your differences well. my 2 cent!

Why would you want to block a buyer;

We sometimes get buyers who are not ones we want to work with due to them being unreasonable for various reasons. I’ve told a couple of them to stop buying from me but they continue anyway.

Why would you want to block a buyer; if you have issue with them why not resolve it. This is business, a disagreement today can become cordial relationship tomorrow if you manage your differences well. my 2 cent!

Sometimes a buyer and seller just cannot work together - oil and water. They just don’t mix.

Extremely idealistic.

We work online, and as long as there are manipulative scammers who know how to take advantage of a system EASILY taken advantage of, it’s not that easy.

If there were no such thing as paypal charge backs, and we were able to address scammers who steal our work ourselves - like we can OFFLINE, it would be a different story.

I think most successful sellers are savvy enough to discern who’s who -

I always know when someone is going to be a potential issue.

Me too! Or in interested buyers who are super persistent and demanding PRE-ORDER in messaging

There are those who want something more than just what the order is for from you and are manipulative. It’s more of an ego boost or some sort of issue where you become the victim somehow.

100%! That’s always the motivation - wanting far more than they are willing to pay for.

Archived