Fiverr Forum

? About TOS

Hello all my name is Amanda and I’ve taken over my sisters account since she’s ill and still in the hospital. We worked together since she started this account but she was the one communicating with the customers since that’s what she love(very personable) and I would do some gigs here and there. Now the team as turned into a one woman operation until further notice handling all clients both on fiverr and outside of fiverr.

Here my question… Am I able to contact the customer and provide reminder services? I’ve read the TOS but a bit confused…

In the TOS basic section:

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

But further goes onto saying

"Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page."

So can I actually accept a gig that provide reminder services?

Such as reminder calls, and sms? We use a system to send sms and place calls…

I’m totally confused.

Reply to @sincere18: Oh no, I’m not contacting them to see if they need work. The individual needs (VA) in a sense to remind of task that they need done… Some of which may include managing their calendar and even though reminders can be sent to them, they’d like for me to call or text them to let them know what’s on their schedule for today, and priority of task getting completed. I’ve reach out to CS but no response yet…

Reply to @fonthaunt: Makes complete sense. I am a firm believer in always covering oneself.

Reply to @fefe_fiona: in the past or now? If someone was a buyer in the past with an active gig that’s one thing, but just emailing prior buyers to see if they need work would be something different. And you should be very clear about what you are doing when you write to Customer Support and ask them about this.

Also, as a side note, are paid app reviews legit on the app sites? Have you read the Terms of Use of the app selling site?

Reply to @landongrace: I wouldn’t consider it as cold call. The buyer would expect the reminders. It similar to calendar management but I’m assuming they don’t have time to even get around to their calendars. I thought it seemed spammy at first but as I read further in the message they are really busy and just need help getting back on track.

Reply to @fefe_fiona: It is best to contact Fiverr Customer Support before you start a gig that requires personal contact info. Fiverr CS does often give permission for people to use Skype or other outside contact in the process of completing gigs. They do not want outside contact used for the purpose of payment or making sales, etc.

If they give you written (message) permission to offer reminder services and they give you specific permission for the type of contact (i.e. email, text…) then you will have something to back you up if there is an issue down the road. If you just make an assumption and do it without written permission and Fiverr deletes your gig, you won’t have any way to explain/defend your position.

If you have been a part of the Gig all along and have access to the necessary login, finances, credentials, etc., what would be the issue?

Reply to @eddiethornton: I’m sorry I believe I confused you a bit. I have no issue with the account but have a question about if I’m able to provide services or not.

Here my question… Am I able to contact the customer and provide reminder services? I’ve read the TOS but a bit confused…

In the TOS basic section:

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

But further goes onto saying

"Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page."

So can I actually accept a gig that provide reminder services?

Such as reminder calls, and sms? We use a system to send sms and place calls…

I’m totally confused.

I would not send cold call emails to anyone on Fiverr. These could be considered spam and is not a good strategy.

Are you asking if you can accept a gig where a buyer pays you to “remind” them of something via Text Message/Email/etc using communication outside of Fiverr.

Technically, yes you can. The TOS states that you can ask for and use personal contact information IF it is ONLY used for to complete the delivery of the gig. You are not supposed to use the information outside of that. So you should be OK.

I know there are a lot of “administrative assistant” gigs here on Fiverr and they have to get the info from their buyers.

Good Luck!

Reply to @theslackjaw: yes that’s exactly what in asking. We managed e mails and calendars in the past but just wasn’t a hundred percent if I can actually provide reminder services without breaking Fiverr’s TOS. Thank you so much for being helpful.

Reply to @fefe_fiona: But then that means they have an active gig order correct? If not then in terms of the Fiverr system they are past buyers. There are no long-term “contracts” if you will, to my knowledge. So I wonder if your sister set this whole thing up in an ok way.

At what time point does someone put in an order for a VA and how far down the line do they want calls/reminders about their schedule?