Fiverr Forum

Absolutely Pathetic & Laughable!

OK this is R3K0D3D, long story short, both customer service and Fiverr screwed me out of my account! They accused me of using multiple accounts which is completely bogus as I’ve only ever used one for both Fiverr and PayPal, they didn’t even let me defend myself or let me try and prove I never did the deed, even after I told them EXACTLY how to check for it! I know exactly what tripped it, it was when I was on vacation in the US, I replied to a msg in the forum and would have had a US IP address, the hotels, yet Fiverr in their infinite wisdom would have flagged it as a multilple account, which couldn’t be further from the truth, I still have the same account but was overseas, surely they would have been smart enough to realize that I was in vacation mode and could have asked me why that was, rather than acting as judge, jury and executioner? I mean it’s pretty simple logic, LOL.
They are now deliberately ignoring my tickets, without even bothering to lift a finger to investigate it and see that it’s a complete crock and they’re at fault, unbelievable that someone like myself who for a little over a year has done everything by the book and became a fairly successful level 2 seller and then they go and pull a pathetic stunt like this, not impressed and I’d all be careful because they can obviously do this whenever they deem fit! :frowning:

• At this point I’m kind of relieved as to be perfectly honest this site has gone to the dogs, too many scammers and nut jobs for my liking and customer service seems to side with these fruit loops over honest and hard working sellers and then when all is said and done can seemingly make up bogus accusations to get rid of you for whatever reason only known to them! I doubt even if they reinstated my account and apologized to me that I’d ever return, I just wanted others to be wary of the way they operate all that aside I did have a lot of fun and enjoyed conversing with a number of you, emmaki, font, misscrystal and the rest of the forum crew, I wish you all the best and hope this never happens to any of you, take care and make that $! :slight_smile:

Sorry this happened to you!

Man, that’s terrible…you were one of the cool people here, I am shocked this has happened to you. Maybe you can get the misunderstanding cleared up.

Genuinely sorry this has happened to you! Hope it gets sorted out or you find the alternative you are looking for.
Regarding the IP thing, it doesnt make sense to be honest.
Multiple IPs for one account is not suspicious - multiple accounts for one IP is suspicious. I’m not doubting your integrity, I just doubt that this is what caused it. I travel and work quite a bit and probably have at least one different IP every second or third day, not to mention my phone, public/other people’s computers etc.

@d3k0d3d when you say that you know exactly what was the root cause then did Fiverr actually confirm it? Just like Eoin I travel a lot and quite often I use my account from an airport or a hotel.
I don’t know how Fiverr works, but in our company flag was raised when:

1. an account was used simultaneously from multiple locations. For example, a user was using their calling subscription in UK and Australia at the same time.
  2. an account was created from a PC that was previously used for fraudulent activity. It didn’t mean automatic blocking, just further investigation to figure out if it’s the same guy or someone else using the same PC.

Since Fiverr is not offering subscriptions I don’t know why it should even matter if you are using multiple IP’s. There are plenty of freelancers who travel, so closing an account because you signed in on a different PC doesn’t make sense.
Maybe they made a mistake and cross-linked your account to someone else’s who wasn’t behaving in Fiverr. Because your post says that they claimed you had multiple accounts, not that you were using your account from different locations.

Maybe an IP you used in the USA had been used by other fiverr users. I am always a little worried about this possibility when I use a public IP someplace. Sometimes I have lunch at a large hotel nearby and use the computer in the lobby to check my fiverr account.

Maybe bluer pastures :smiley:

This is disgusting. How can a level 2 seller with a few hundred reviews and strong reputation get hung drawn and quartered in a few hours while actual people breaking the rules get a free pass? (Like the 2 people currently using my gig description).

I know how this feels. I had my level reduced to 1 earlier this year without warning. (Please no one start debating the reasons).

As for the reason they have given you and you suspecting this to be related to your recent travel, that is scary. I’ve got 3 devices I use in different locations (different cafes and bars where I live) and I have a habit of travelling quite frequently. In short, it could happen to anyone and the “game over” automated responses they give sellers are just cruel.

My advice would be to stay calm, word a very balanced letter outlining everything as you see it and send that as your final ticket request. Then just wait. Sorry, sucks I know and threads like this are bit of a wake up call.

Any update on this?

Now I’m afraid to travel, if it can happen even when you are in vacation mode.

Something is off here, and I’m not saying it’s you, R3K0D3 but it makes no sense. I think the hotel connection is an assumption that doesn’t fit. I have at least four devices and use them on 8 different IPs on a regular basis. I know a LOT of other sellers including the other admins and mods who travel regularly including abroad. No one with a single account on multiple IPs has ever been banned over an IP change that I am aware of. I used to live “on the road” as a new Fiverr user and wasn’t a moderator or anything, so my hotel was different every other night.

I don’t know why they thought you had multiple accounts if you didn’t and if you didn’t have a friend use your IP or anything. Posting on the forum while on another IP is a step even further removed and doesn’t catch notice unless someone accidentally posts from a second account and it is noticed and reported. (Still a real 2 account issue.) I don’t think that using many IP’s with one account would cause a ban, though. If it’s a mistake, I hope you get it straightened out. Other people here have lost levels and gotten them back over mistakes, though suspensions are not done lightly so that’s more unusual.

Something is off here, and I’m not saying it’s you, R3K0D3 but it makes no sense. I have at least four devices and use them on 8 different IPs on a regular basis. I know a LOT of other sellers including the other admins and mods who travel regularly including abroad. No one with a single account on multiple IPs has ever been banned over an IP change that I am aware of. I used to live “on the road” as a new Fiverr user and wasn’t a moderator or anything, so my hotel was different every other night.

I don’t know why they thought you had multiple accounts if you didn’t and if you didn’t have a friend use your IP or anything. I don’t think that using many IP’s with one account would cause a ban, though. If it’s a mistake, I hope you get it straightened out.

@uxreview

I don’t think Fiverr could confirm a hotel login as a root cause. I’m not saying the OP did or didn’t do anything wrong, but if staff banned accounts based on logging in from alternate locations it would apply to nearly all of us.

I could definitely see an issue if the account was being utilized from 2 locations at the same time, even though this could happen with team accounts. Those using one account with multiple people would be safest notifying Customer Support of the “team” status before starting to do it. Most Fiverr users work on mobile devices and laptops from all over the place, though, so that wouldn’t cause an automatic ban.

What if there was another seller at that same hotel logged in? Then it would be R3K0D3 and another account logged in, being flagged as 2 accounts from one IP.

Dear Fiverr,
Why are TOS not a two-way street? Don’t you as a company also have to set and abide to some TOS?
There are a dozen or so rules sellers agree to obey. I would like to know what the TOS are for Fiverr, on your side.
What should we expect?
What are our rights?
Tell us! You decide what they are, but we do have the right to know.

For example, in the case of the company choosing to delete an account, do you promise to provide a complete explanation to the seller? Does this include a follow up answer?

Sellers have the right to know what we’re getting ourselves into - BEFORE we invest so much of our time in order to build up my positive reputation. And BEFORE we invest hundreds of Dollars in equipment required for a new gig in some cases.

Thank you.

I really feel sorry for you, I think fiverr should atleast give a warning before taking such strict action, and if they have taken such action, still they should hear you to make a way to sort this out.

I really feel sorry for you, and hope you can get your account back :frowning:

Gonna say, there may be more to this story.

I log in regularly from both England and Sweden. The only thing that has ever happened is my flag has changed from the British flag to Swedish flag (although, now it is stuck on British as Fiverr had to manually stop it switching)

My friend does the same. Two friends, in fact.

Sure you weren’t hacked?

It seems like a thing that is going on, check fiver customer support on twitter, you will notice a lot of people complaining about the same problem. From what I have seen it started a few days ago when fiver.com went down. One of the guys I saw on twitter seems to have had his issue resolved. It sure sucks though, Lets hope if its a virus they nip it in the bud. Maybe it would be a good idea to withdraw funds frequently just in case.

Fiver should just employ one of the many programmers who use their website to actively clean up the site, its been facing way too many problems lately.

Don’t be silly, that would cost money.

I don’t think it’s a travel-related thing (although I could be wrong). After all, I travel to Mississippi and Kansas (and stay in hotels in Missouri) and other states using my phone and my laptop to log into Fiverr to check messages and (sometimes) send off work… Different IPs… no doubt. Sure, it’s the U.S. but I have yet to have anything like this happen (hope I never do, as I am going on vacation in about a week and half for Thanksgiving).

Still sucks whatever the reason… just wish we knew for sure what is was.