Abuse of Fiverr's Great Features

I guess Fiverr team is lacking sufficient manpower, which is the major reason why many sellers have been abusing some great features and getting away with it. I can see that the “Buyers’ Request” section has been messed up completely by sellers. What do you guys think about the abuse this great feature?

For instance, check what this seller posted on the request section…

This topic is important but due to the number of threads on it, most are being closed to further comment. Readers may be interest in this thread: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/68240/report-feature-for-misuse-of-buyer-requests-active-discussion

At this this time anyond may add comments to that thread for Fiverr staff to see.

I am so in agreement with you, do you know how many times I have to double check to see if I am really applying to a job or just a seller as myself, I have never known that persons can be ridiculous to do such a thing because, if you really think about do they actually get jobs when they do that?

I agree with you. They should at least integrate a report abuse feature.

awesomesachi said: I agree with you. They should at least integrate a report abuse feature.

Exactly my thought. They are really making the section irrelevant with spam. Unfortunately, i don't think buyers have time to check the "Gig Request" section to discover their existence.

So many seller do this, and Fiverr team keeps on approve seller’s request at “Buyer Request” section :open_mouth:

I am of the same mind on that issue. It is messed up. Something needs to be done

Honestly, i feel terribly bad knowing that i have sent offers to “Sellers’ Request” instead of "Buyers’ Request. I think we should first check their profiles before we waste our limited offers. Take this as an example; Great writer/graphic designer. Could it be “I am looking for a great writer/graphic designer”? If you’re not careful, most of those requests are from sellers. Maybe we need to start reporting the abuse.

I also totally agree with you. I also faced the same problem when sending offers. Some sellers are spamming this section. Yes. Fiverr should take a bold decision to stop this.

One thing that is rather sad about this is the very reason I think more sellers are advertising on Buyer Requests. It is a real shame that this continues and nothing is done about it. I know that I have often suggested to newbie sellers to use buyer requests as a method to get a first couple of sales. I’ve seen lots of other good sellers who made the same suggestion.

It seems to me that a number of that sellers either don’t pay attention to what buyer requests are, or have trouble reading English. They see our advice to go to buyer requests and they do go there but they post their own gigs instead of offering gigs to buyers. I have seen threads on this in the Suggestion Box as well and it is my current recommendation that you search for one of those threads and add your agreement to it. Fiverr staff rarely reads the regular forums to my knowledge, but they do read the Suggestions here and there.

The OP screenshot just made me laugh a little. The fact that he got two responses made it even funnier. It’s a shame that people are spamming it, although I think that more requests than ever are going through in a timely manner due to the lack of approval, which is pretty nice. I remember a while back when there were only a few a day and they were all posted much later than submission.

Exactly!

I agree with you!

alliemadison12 said: The OP screenshot just made me laugh a little. The fact that he got two responses made it even funnier. It's a shame that people are spamming it, although I think that more requests than ever are going through in a timely manner due to the lack of approval, which is pretty nice. I remember a while back when there were only a few a day and they were all posted much later than submission.

It's quite funny to me as well. Funny enough, some "eager" sellers sent offers.

I do not why some sellers do that.

Yes. More new sellers and Unknown Outside people join fiverr and abusing like that.

Hope, fiverr support team will be care about this issue. :slight_smile:

webexpert1313 said: Yes. More new sellers and Unknown Outside people join fiverr and abusing like that.

Hope, fiverr Support Team will be care about this issue.

In fact, the abuse is becoming too much. Maybe Fiverr needs to use scripts, which will prevent sellers from spamming the "Buyers' Request" section. Here's the first 4 requests i saw when i visited the section today. Awful!

undefined

http://fiverr.com

Yes agreed. Irritating.

Agree. Not a place to spam or promote. I doubt, in near future no of seller using this feature will be increase.

The new Dashboard is terrible, I can’t see how much time I have before delivery…