Abusive Buyer on Fiverr

tahirashaukat

Hello!
So, I am fairly new to Fiverr. So far I have completed 8-9 orders only and all of the people who worked with me were happy with what I did.
Yesterday, I got a message from a buyer who told me he’d pay me $5 to write 5000 words for him in 3 days. I told him that is too less, negotiated a little and we ended up on $10. I created a custom offer and sent it to him. He did not accept my offer immediately as he said he would accept it a few hours later. A few hours passed and I couldn’t bring myself to work for so little money. I’m not trying to be arrogant or obnoxious here but this was just too much work for too little money and on top of that, I had gotten 2 new orders that I also needed to work on so the time was limited. So, I withdrew my offer and apologized to him multiple times and told him I’m really sorry for withdrawing it but I can’t work with so little time and money.
As soon as I sent this message, he started abusing me. As we both belong to countries that share a mutual language, he resorted to verbal abuse in that language saying things along the lines of calling my mom a whore and told me that since I’m an Asian and not a Westerner, I shouldn’t be asking for more money.
I understand to an extent it was my fault. I am new here and made the mistake of putting out a custom offer too soon and then got double-minded. For that, I did apologize profusely. But did that warrant him abusing me like this?
Should I take any further action to complain to Fiverr about this person? Or should I leave it alone?
He is a top buyer on Fiverr. Would it hurt my profile if I did something about it since the abuse was not done in English so it would be my word against his?

First, I think you need to remove any mention of countries in your original post.

Second, that price was indeed ridiculous and frankly, the offer never should have been made in the first place.

Third, rightfully pulling your offer before he could accept it does not warrant verbal harassment. Nothing warrants verbal harassment. Report his rude and community-standards violating behavior. Being a top buyer is irrelevant in regards to hurling verbal abuse.

First, I think you need to remove any mention of countries in your original post.

Second, that price was indeed ridiculous and frankly, the offer never should have been made in the first place.

Third, rightfully pulling your offer before he could accept it does not warrant verbal harassment. Nothing warrants verbal harassment. Report his rude and community-standards violating behavior. Being a top buyer is irrelevant in regards to hurling verbal abuse.

Hi,

The only reason I mentioned the countries was to convey that we share a mutual language as the abuse was not done in English. So, I was wondering if I could report him even if the abuse was not in English.

I have no intention of maligning any country.

Fiverr forum is very touchy on countries being mentioned, you may still be prompted by moderators to modify your post.

It doesn’t matter what language the harassment is in, it’s still harassment and violates Fiverr community standards.

I understand and thank you for making me aware of that.

I edited my post. 🙂

really feeling sad to hear it from you,
my English is not good but I hope you’ll understand,
you need to control your buyer’s emotion and demand, also respect yourself you know that your work for $5 is the very lowest budget so why you sent the offer to your buyer? and you don’t need to be reply they bad message just hold on,

If the buyer again sent you with any threatening message you just make the text as spam and then don’t need to reply on him message

really feeling sad to hear it from you,

my English is not good but I hope you’ll understand,

you need to control your buyer’s emotion and demand, also respect yourself you know that your work for $5 is the very lowest budget so why you sent the offer to your buyer? and you don’t need to be reply they bad message just hold on,

If the buyer again sent you with any threatening message you just make the text as spam and then don’t need to reply on him message

Hello,

Yes, I accept that I made a slight error by agreeing to work. At first I thought that since I’m new I should agree to whatever work I can get for now but later, couldn’t bring myself to do it. In all of our conversation, I was extremely polite with the buyer and was never once even close to being rude.

And yes, I did not reply to the buyer as soon as he got abusive. I blocked him immediately.

We faced this kind of situation, when it happens and someone starts to insult you, just report and don’t try to argue with buyer, whatever you did there is 0 reason to start to insult someone, when you report it blocks buyer and he gets normally banned.
You don’t risk anything and it won’t impact your profile.

Archived