Fiverr Community Forum

Accidentally withdrew money to a blocked/wrong PayPal account

Around 2 weeks ago I wanted to pay my $52 out to my PayPal account.

My older one that I used got blocked because they found out that I created that account before I was 18 years old (I’m 19 now), so I created a new one.

And I’m pretty sure I did change the PayPal e-mail address on Fiverr for the newer one.

Eventually I withdrew the $52 on my phone, then I got an e-mail, but instead of a regular confirmation e-mail a message I got was in German, not English for some reason.

I’m not that good at German, I could only figure out that the withdrawal was stopped for some unknown to me reason. But there was a link to click to proceed further, so I clicked it.

And I got the withdrawal… on the blocked PayPal account.

That account can’t even accept payments without providing my personal data, which PayPal refuses to check since they found out that this account was made before I was 18 (which is a garbage rule, I was much older than 13 by that time).

Also if I won’t do anything throughout a month (not that I can do anything), the money will go back to Fiverr, but I have no idea if I’ll have them on my balance or it will just go to the company and I’ll never see it again.

I contacted Fiverr support about this, but it’s been almost 2 weeks now and I still haven’t got any useful information, just one garbage response about a useless in my case part of the FAQ site.

At this point I don’t even know if I’ll ever get that $52 back and I worked hard on it. I have no idea what to do with that situation.

1 Like

Once your funds are returned to Fiverr, you should see them in your Fiverr account. They are not in the business of stealing money :slight_smile:

First off, is it an actual email from Paypal? Sorry for the stupid question, but since I started withdrawing money on Paypal, I got loads of phishing emails in other languages, so never say never.

It was from PayPal, an e-mail from PayPal that the money couldn’t go through
I checked the banned account and it had the same info

It should go back to your Fiverr balance without the fees taken off anyways, just like a refund.