Account Demote TOS violation

jarviz55

Hi all., I am level 1 seller and I got this mail from Fiverr as First Warning regarding I had made a violation., I just message the Pro seller on Fiverr asking some advice and He marks me as spam., I don’t why he do that maybe because he is too busy., I know that and texted him very politely and Not more than a single text., Even though I helped a lot of sellers who texted me in the inbox thru fiverr., My doubt is whether I will get demoted for this or not? Thank you guys and Text me if you know about this

issue.png.6b996aa6be765ab24af88042c8c89e43.png
issue897×591 64.8 KB

TOS violation is one of the metrics you have maintain to keep your level. check your analytic page on the 30 days without TOS violation bar. If it’s red you may be demoted mid month.

Yes., But I thought It was for next level requirements., Because it was mentioned like that.,

Hi all., I am level 1 seller and I got this mail from Fiverr as First Warning regarding I had made a violation., I just message the Pro seller on Fiverr asking some advice and He marks me as spam., I don’t why he do that maybe because he is too busy., I know that and texted him very politely and Not more than a single text., Even though I helped a lot of sellers who texted me in the inbox thru fiverr., My doubt is whether I will get demoted for this or not? Thank you guys and Text me if you know about this

I just message the Pro seller on Fiverr asking some advice and He marks me as spam., I don’t why he do that

Because even one unsolicited message is spam, plus the ToS strictly forbids to message other sellers asking for advice. The only legitimate reason to message a seller is if you want to buy from them and need to ask them something about the service they provide.

Shall I get demoted from Level 1 to Level 0?

On your Analytics page, is everything in green? If yes, perhaps you won’t.

Keep in mind, though, that if you get banned for spamming (or for any other violation), your Fiverr level isn’t going to matter.

I don’t why he do that maybe because he is too busy.,

They had every right to do that seeing as you spammed them.

Unsolicited messages are the very definition of spam.

Please don’t do that.

If you need help, post on the forum.

Think about it this way…

Because of your uninvited message, the seller had to take action to protect his response stat. He couldn’t just ignore your message, otherwise Fiverr would punish him - all because of you.

The seller could have chosen to respond to you, but why should he use his time to do so? So, instead he chose to mark the message as spam - which was the simplest and quickest option for him.

Your seller was totally right to mark your message as spam.

You’re here looking for sympathy from the Fiverr community because your action led to an account warning - whereas my sympathy is only with the seller you that you spammed.

Here you go, it’s right there on the ToS:

Phishing and Spam - Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

., I don’t why he do that maybe because he is too busy

He did that because it IS spam and you have some nerve thinking you get to take up other sellers’ time to get free advice. You expected a seller to stop what they were doing to help you.

What you did is beyond rude and unprofessional.

You’re so entitled thinking you get to use the messaging system to treat other sellers as your coach. Messaging is for sales inquiries only.

Stop harassing other sellers and stop thinking we owe it to you to let you waste our time with messages and help you.

Let me guess: you expected a competitor to give you secrets that would help you compete against them. 😂

He did that because it IS spam and you have some nerve thinking you get to take up other sellers’ time to get free advice. You expected a seller to stop what they were doing to help you.

You’re so entitled thinking you get to use the messaging system to treat other sellers as your coach. Messaging is for sales inquiries only.

Stop harassing other sellers and stop thinking we owe it to you to let you waste our time with messages and help you.

Let me guess: you expected a competitor to give you secrets that would help you compete against them. 😂

Nope., I am not his competitor. Thank you for your response. I will keep this in mind

Here you go, it’s right there on the ToS:

Phishing and Spam - Members’ security is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

Thank you for the info

Even though I got some message from sellers and I would help them. So I think some people will also help us. That’s all

I don’t why he do that maybe because he is too busy.,

They had every right to do that seeing as you spammed them.

Unsolicited messages are the very definition of spam.

Please don’t do that.

If you need help, post on the forum.

Yeah., Now I understand this. Thank you

Even though I got some message from sellers and I would help them. So I think some people will also help us. That’s all

en though I got some message from sellers and I would help them

That doesn’t justify spamming people or make it professional.

Don’t excuse your blatant disrespect for people’s time. No one owes you their time or consideration.

en though I got some message from sellers and I would help them

That doesn’t justify spamming people or make it professional.

Don’t excuse your blatant disrespect for people’s time. No one owes you their time or consideration.

Okay., Hereafter I won’t do that

Archived