Account demoted - but why?

thomaslener

Hi,

since the chargeback where 4 orders and $90 were cancelled two weeks ago, I do reach out to the community again because of a very odd situation.

I was notified my account got demoted because i should deliver the work in time. Here is what happened:

I delivered in time, the order was set to complete automatically because the Client did not complete it within 3 days.

After the autocompletion, i contacted the Client and told him that I am willing to work on his project, no matter the order status. He said no, because he does not need my service anymore. I tried to cancel the order in the Resolution Center, but that was not possible because the order was already set to complete.

I did not want to risk a bad review, so i told my client I will send him the money with my private PayPal to his PayPal account. He accepted and thanked me for solving the case.

A few hours later, i received a System message that fiverr customer support cancelled my order and my account received a tos warning and got demoted from Level 1 to no Level.

I studied the fiverr tos, but did not found a single thing how i could have violated them.

At the Moment, I am waiting for CS to respond. Do you have experience with similar cases? Please let me know!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you haven’t read the ToS yet, you should do that. Private contact outside of Fiverr, refunding out of Fiverr, etc., is probably no-no #1, count yourself lucky that they didn’t suspend your account and instead just demoted you; however, it’s weird if they told you it’s because of a late delivery, maybe someone copypasted the wrong part of a template there.

Why did you refund the order although you did and delivered the work without the customer even asking for it? You spent the time and delivered what was agreed on, if the customer suddenly doesn’t need it anymore, it’s his problem, not yours.

But apart from that, any refunds and communication needs to take part within Fiverr’s platform, exchange of email is only allowed if its needed to fulfill an order, like if you design someone’s website, you typically will know their mail of course, but you may only use it for the job, not to communicate or do PayPal refunds or anything. If you absolutely want to refund someone after already having done and delivered the work and the order having completed, just contact Customer Support, they can advise you/refund the order for you.

Hi,

since the chargeback where 4 orders and $90 were cancelled two weeks ago, I do reach out to the community again because of a very odd situation.

I was notified my account got demoted because i should deliver the work in time. Here is what happened:

I delivered in time, the order was set to complete automatically because the Client did not complete it within 3 days.

After the autocompletion, i contacted the Client and told him that I am willing to work on his project, no matter the order status. He said no, because he does not need my service anymore. I tried to cancel the order in the Resolution Center, but that was not possible because the order was already set to complete.

I did not want to risk a bad review, so i told my client I will send him the money with my private PayPal to his PayPal account. He accepted and thanked me for solving the case.

A few hours later, i received a System message that fiverr customer support cancelled my order and my account received a tos warning and got demoted from Level 1 to no Level.

I studied the fiverr tos, but did not found a single thing how i could have violated them.

At the Moment, I am waiting for CS to respond. Do you have experience with similar cases? Please let me know!

I will send him the money with my private PayPal to his PayPal account.

That is why you got ToS warning and got demoted.

I will send him the money with my private PayPal to his PayPal account.

That is why you got ToS warning and got demoted.

Where in the TOS is written that I am not allowed to send my client money via PayPal if I choose to do so?

After all, it was my decision to send him Money because I wanted to provide good service to my client, and he was satisfied that the issue was solved and so he may comes back to me in the future for a new project.

It’s like you can’t even fart while being online on Fiverr without risking a tos violation…

"Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Fiverr.com.

To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

Where in the TOS is written that I am not allowed to send my client money via PayPal if I choose to do so?

After all, it was my decision to send him Money because I wanted to provide good service to my client, and he was satisfied that the issue was solved and so he may comes back to me in the future for a new project.

It’s like you can’t even fart while being online on Fiverr without risking a tos violation…

Well, I did refund a client who informed me about not needing my service anymore while I hadn’t done much work on it yet, but if I spend the most precious thing I have, my time, I’d like some remuneration, but of course that’s your decision.

I just wanted to make you aware of why you probably got demoted so you won’t further if possible or again get demoted, as you seemed to be unaware of the reason. I’m not defending the sense or nonsense of the ToS, you can find plenty of posts on the forum about that, and without some of the ToS you’d find a whole lot more posts by scammed sellers here than there already are, plus Fiverr probably wouldn’t exist anymore as many people would choose to do their dealings off-site.

I do not agree with everything Fiverr says or does, if you took that and nothing more out of my post, then sorry for that.

One more proof:

2018-07-11_13h35_27.thumb.gif.2c530b9c6d901a6c228476ab33edc454.gif

Well, I did refund a client who informed me about not needing my service anymore while I hadn’t done much work on it yet, but if I spend the most precious thing I have, my time, I’d like some remuneration, but of course that’s your decision.

I just wanted to make you aware of why you probably got demoted so you won’t further if possible or again get demoted, as you seemed to be unaware of the reason. I’m not defending the sense or nonsense of the ToS, you can find plenty of posts on the forum about that, and without some of the ToS you’d find a whole lot more posts by scammed sellers here than there already are, plus Fiverr probably wouldn’t exist anymore as many people would choose to do their dealings off-site.

I do not agree with everything Fiverr says or does, if you took that and nothing more out of my post, then sorry for that.

Thanks miiila, good post.

My oppinion of fiverr and how fiverr treats it’s sellers dropped down below rockbottom. The chargeback 2 weeks ago was bad enough, but eventually I was okay with it.

But to demote someone like me (I do everything to make Clients happy and this is also something fiverr does benefit from) for that reason is unfair and over all: not necessary. Blame on Fiverr for that.

I did not provide my s***e, phone number or email address. The Client provided me his PayPal address.

Allowing him to do so, which was outside Fiverr was your fault. In every order, Fiverr gets 1/5 of the sum, and if Fiverr doesn’t get that sum, they don’t earn from you, and that was why you got demoted. That’s what is not allowed.

i think it is to refund the money to the client

Allowing him to do so, which was outside Fiverr was your fault. In every order, Fiverr gets 1/5 of the sum, and if Fiverr doesn’t get that sum, they don’t earn from you, and that was why you got demoted. That’s what is not allowed.

Insects44, I as the seller returned the Money to my Client who was the buyer. Fiverr did not loose a single Cent.

Insects44, I as the seller returned the Money to my Client who was the buyer. Fiverr did not loose a single Cent.

Yes, but from now on, he can buy from you without you loose the 1/5 Fiverr gets from you every time. Got it? Also, he was able to make the refund throught Fiverr, throught the Resolution Center on the order page,

Yes, but from now on, he can buy from you without you loose the 1/5 Fiverr gets from you every time. Got it? Also, he was able to make the refund throught Fiverr, throught the Resolution Center on the order page,

the Resolution Center on the order page was not available because the order was set to complete by fiverr.

Why should he order directly from me just because i refunded his Money? I don’t get it, sorry.

the Resolution Center on the order page was not available because the order was set to complete by fiverr.

Why should he order directly from me just because i refunded his Money? I don’t get it, sorry.

You can contact him, you have his email (PayPal) address and don’t lose those 1/5 Fiverr gets from you. You can’t see the Resolution Center button, because you are a seller and got the money. There is nothing more you can want. But the buyer will have the button until the money he paid are completely transfered to your account (appear in your balance).

You can contact him, you have his email (PayPal) address and don’t lose those 1/5 Fiverr gets from you. You can’t see the Resolution Center button, because you are a seller and got the money. There is nothing more you can want. But the buyer will have the button until the money he paid are completely transfered to your account (appear in your balance).

If I knew that he has this button I would have told him to make use of it, but how should I know that, he did not tell me about it.

Thank you all guys for you answers, it’s clear what happened and I just want to forget about this. This is too odd for me to understand. Just weird.

If I knew that he has this button I would have told him to make use of it, but how should I know that, he did not tell me about it.

Thank you all guys for you answers, it’s clear what happened and I just want to forget about this. This is too odd for me to understand. Just weird.

You’ve just got a lesson! That’s the easiest and the heaviest way to learn.

I am sorry, but not following the rules of a platform that you joined and therefore accepted to follow its rules does not mean that the platform is not treating you fair. From my perspective they are doing the right thing.

I made a mistake in the past too, and I got the necessary punishment to learn my lesson. Why your rule breaking should take a pass?

If you don’t like how this platform its made, don’t use it. As long as you are an active member of the Fiverr community, you must follow the rules just like we all do.

Now learn your lesson with dignity, read the rules more carefully and you will bounce back from that demote with ease. Like others said, you are lucky you got only a demote. Or keep ignoring the rules and you will be penalized even more. The choice is yours. 🙂

I am sorry, but not following the rules of a platform that you joined and therefore accepted to follow its rules does not mean that the platform is not treating you fair. From my perspective they are doing the right thing.

I made a mistake in the past too, and I got the necessary punishment to learn my lesson. Why your rule breaking should take a pass?

If you don’t like how this platform its made, don’t use it. As long as you are an active member of the Fiverr community, you must follow the rules just like we all do.

Now learn your lesson with dignity, read the rules more carefully and you will bounce back from that demote with ease. Like others said, you are lucky you got only a demote. Or keep ignoring the rules and you will be penalized even more. The choice is yours. 🙂

I made a mistake in the past too, and I got the necessary punishment to learn my lesson.

Stockholm Syndrome? 😛 just joking…

There are real people working at Fiverr Customer Support. If they see that i was giving Money back to a Client (not asking for Money), I assume These People can use their brain to make a good decision. But anyways… that’s just my Point of view.

I made a mistake in the past too, and I got the necessary punishment to learn my lesson.

Stockholm Syndrome? 😛 just joking…

There are real people working at Fiverr Customer Support. If they see that i was giving Money back to a Client (not asking for Money), I assume These People can use their brain to make a good decision. But anyways… that’s just my Point of view.

Even if they see I that you were sending funds for your own reasons, they also have brains to see that you made contact off-Fiverr (via PayPal), and you supplied the buyer with funds that now allows the buyer to send funds back to you. Once you PayPal money to someone, they have a method to message you and/or pay you money outside of Fiverr.

Support cannot read the mind of the buyer to know if the buyer would try it, but now the buyer could message you on PayPal and ask you to do work. They could then bypass Fiverr buyer fees and pay you. If you accept, you avoid commission. So, to Fiverr, you’ve set up a full method for outside contact and money exchange. It’s amazing you didn’t get banned.

I feel for you, but it’s not a “small” issue, it’s a major violation.

Even if they see I that you were sending funds for your own reasons, they also have brains to see that you made contact off-Fiverr (via PayPal), and you supplied the buyer with funds that now allows the buyer to send funds back to you. Once you PayPal money to someone, they have a method to message you and/or pay you money outside of Fiverr.

Support cannot read the mind of the buyer to know if the buyer would try it, but now the buyer could message you on PayPal and ask you to do work. They could then bypass Fiverr buyer fees and pay you. If you accept, you avoid commission. So, to Fiverr, you’ve set up a full method for outside contact and money exchange. It’s amazing you didn’t get banned.

I feel for you, but it’s not a “small” issue, it’s a major violation.

Yes, I live in a small town where most people are quite reliable and trust each other… If I did make a mistake it was to assume that honesty, respect and fair play also counts on Fiverr. But it doesn’t. Blind following of the rules is king.

However, thank you for your message and also that you feel for me. Feels good 🙂

By the way… I already had contact with the buyer outside of fiverr. While working on his project, he asked me to get in contact via s***e. I told him Fiverr wants us to communicate via Fiverr. But he insisted on s***e because he wanted to communicate only there. So it was necessary for me to get in contact via s***e to continue working on my project. If I wanted to cheat on Fiverr, I could easily have asked the buyer on s***e without Fiverr noticing anything.

Someone who is not loyal and wants to cheat on fiverr will find ways to do so. I am not that kind of person.

I was blind enough to not give a single thought I could do something wrong and tried to solve the issue on Fiverr chat. If I had done it on s***e, everything would be okay. That’s so strange…

Another thing… last month I made about $700 on Fiverr, alltogether 2k+, why should I risk my account for $3 fiverr charge…?

Fiverr is hurting it’s own business by blindly following tos and not using their brains.

Yes, I live in a small town where most people are quite reliable and trust each other… If I did make a mistake it was to assume that honesty, respect and fair play also counts on Fiverr. But it doesn’t. Blind following of the rules is king.

However, thank you for your message and also that you feel for me. Feels good 🙂

By the way… I already had contact with the buyer outside of fiverr. While working on his project, he asked me to get in contact via s***e. I told him Fiverr wants us to communicate via Fiverr. But he insisted on s***e because he wanted to communicate only there. So it was necessary for me to get in contact via s***e to continue working on my project. If I wanted to cheat on Fiverr, I could easily have asked the buyer on s***e without Fiverr noticing anything.

Someone who is not loyal and wants to cheat on fiverr will find ways to do so. I am not that kind of person.

I was blind enough to not give a single thought I could do something wrong and tried to solve the issue on Fiverr chat. If I had done it on s***e, everything would be okay. That’s so strange…

Another thing… last month I made about $700 on Fiverr, alltogether 2k+, why should I risk my account for $3 fiverr charge…?

Fiverr is hurting it’s own business by blindly following tos and not using their brains.

Umm. Fiverr wrote their TOS. Those are their rules, and they have every right to “blindly follow” the rules they wrote.

Umm. Fiverr wrote their TOS. Those are their rules, and they have every right to “blindly follow” the rules they wrote.

Sure. However, since we are human and therefore blessed with intelligence, … 😜

Archived