Fiverr Community Forum

Account has been Restricted due to Identity verify

Hi,

My account has been restricted due to submit NID copy and photo multiple time. I have taken good quality photos but it’s always notify not accept, when i tried 3rd time my account has been restricted.

I have open a support ticket but don’t know what will be result. Is there anyone experienced who can suggest me how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

4 Likes

This seems to be happening a Lot here. Their ID verification system is not working properly. Support will give you one last attempt to verify and If you fail your account will be permanently restricted.

2 Likes

but last attempt ? I have real and good quality photos but system not working what should i will do? Is it my lacks ?

1 Like

I couldn’t verify mine, so I don’t know. But there is a limited number of attempts. Sellers have been banned because of this already Account Disable because ID Verify

2 Likes

My god!! i am very afraid. Way?

Hi, my account was restricted due to id verification. I had uploaded good quality selfie and national id card only to get my account restricted by them. I had worked my ass up to achieve this and now restricted. What I am gonna do, this is frustrating.

Check this thread …

Hope it will help you

1 Like