Fiverr Community Forum

Account restriction 100% CS and Buyer Fault

Hi

Hope all of you are doing well

My account is restricted

WHY?

The buyer orders my basic gig of extra fast delivery of one day without any discussion and didn’t provide any requirements when I see that I sent message to the buyer via the order page to please share the requirements but they say to me that I want to make a call with you to discuss the Project Pitch deck and request a contact information from But I did not provide any information and I said to buyer that please provide your own because there were only 14 hours remaining in delivery time due to which I received the warning from Fiverr then he directly say to me that he will come back to me on Monday now he is very busy and become offline So I directly use the resolution centre to extend the delivery time but he was unresponsive the request was automatically withdrawn then I contact CS about this issue and they say to me that wait for 48 more hours So I wait For 44 more hours but he was unresponsive So I immediately start working on Creating NDA which he mentioned in his requirements and I deliver and I was thinking that he will be coming back in next 3 days but he was still unresponsive and the order was automatically marked as completed After 4 days of order completetion he came back to me and said that he wants to cancel the order and he has no more requirements for me and the CS Support Cancel the order and Restrict my account!

Some Proofs

he said to me that he orders accidentally and he didn’t know how this platform works

He also said that he already contacted CS after the Day of Posting project to Cancel the Order but the CS didn’t cancel the order and they even didn’t mail me that the buyer wants to cancel the order

I think I am 100% Innocent in this

I have provided all the proofs to CS in Screenshots and I waiting for there response!

He also intended to me that there is not any of my faults All the fault is me and the CS

Thank You!

1 Like

It seems to me that you could have avoided a lot of this if you didn’t offer one-day order completion. Perhaps your automated questions could have been more targeted as well. An order does not begin until all order questions have been answered. And if the buyer chooses not to answer the order questions, then it’s a pretty good sign that the buyer isn’t serious, and you should just cancel the order.

That’s a red flag, and should probably tell you everything you need to know about the buyer. It’s best to just cancel and move on.

4 Likes

It’s not really the buyer’s fault. It’s your fault for not cancelling as soon as the buyer was unresponsive. Don’t keep waiting for a buyer to give you directions you need, just cancel.

Never send an incomplete order like you did. Sellers have their account banned for this. To be fair this is due to you not knowing how fiverr works or what to do in a situation like this. I’m sorry this happened to you.

It was obvious from the start you wouldn’t be able to deliver a complete order in 24 hours so the only thing to do is cancel it.

5 Likes

Yes As I told you that the Buyer didn’t contact me to cancel the order if he just say to me that he wants to cancel the order I will be happily cancel the order

Also the buyer mention that gr Contacted CS to cancel the order after the day of posting project and the Customer support did not take any action

Just Mentiond all the requirements needed for a pitch deck

He did not provide anything to me and just mentioned to create an NDA

The Basic Gig is of Just 8 pages which can be done easily in just 3 hours if the Client provide me the completed requirements

It is your fault for not simply cancelling it. It’s not the buyer’s fault. It is your business here. It is not anyone else’s. You are the one who is responsible for that reason. As I said, you did not know how to handle this correctly. I would have contacted CS and asked them to cancel it.

4 Likes

From what you said, you did it all right. Did they un restrict your account? The red flag here is that the buyer put contact information, which can lead to issues with account restriction. So, I wonder if you contact CS and stay on them, you may get your account back. It is hard to know when to cancel. I have had orders sit incomplete for weeks. I send a few messages, ask CS to send a message, and ask for CS to cancel. So, I think you were trying to get what you needed to do your job. I would not change anything other than if someone gives you any contact info, tell them it is against TOS so you are protected by saying you do not want it or want to communicate outside of Fiverr.

1 Like

I think he did break a couple of rules here because he was panicking and didn’t know fiverr rules

He didn’t provide contact details but he asked a client to provide contact information.
That’s the first violation

And that’s the second violation, he delivered incomplete/empty delivery because buyer didn’t provide any requirements and he basically just deliver what he wanted.

To the OP: I think before blaming fiverr and your buyer you should’ve reconsider your actions and read fiverr rules. You were panicking and broke quite a couple of them.

3 Likes

The best way was to CANCEL the order if the buyer is not qualifying for your order.

Hope you will get your account back soon…

I think starting on a job and delivering it without knowing the exact requirement of the buyer is what made you guilty in this case. I don’t think that doing it for just a single time was the reason for restricting your account. but fiverr is very strict with their terms so why not? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a similar experience but in this case the buyer was unrespinsive for almost 4 weeks of ordering my gig. Luckily for me orders start to read not until I get the requirements. Contacted the buyer on several occasions but no response even though he comes on the platform daily. Canceling the order was the best option in this case. So I contacted CS and they canceled the order without hesitation. You should have done the same.

Unfortunately I did not do like you done by time

I was thinking that the buyer will contact me on Monday because he placed an order on Saturday he also contacted fiverr on Sunday to cancel the order but the customer support didn’t take any action

The Account is Restricted from last 8 days I contacted CS and they said wait Not Sure How much time will they take to review the Account