Fiverr Community Forum

Account temporary banned

My Fiverr account has temporary disabled.

The day before Yesterday, I got notification to verify your account . I started verifying it with my selfie and id-card.

First time it said, your id card’s pic is not clear, Second time, I tried with clear photo. But still “Verify Your Account” was showing.
So I tried Third time, Then I got notification, your account has not verified, due to multiple attempts your account has been temporarily disabled. Check your mail to know more about it.

Almost 48+ hours. I haven’t received any mail.

I don’t know what to do. Anyone can help?
Please

Contact Customer support regarding this issue, they will allow you one more attempt to verify your ID.

1 Like

Hi, my account was disabled too due to multiple attempts in verifying my ID. How long did it take for the customer support to reply? Were you able to retrieve your account, feedbacks, earnings and previous gigs? Thank you in advance.

Yes, I was able to get my account back. May be they will not reply through fiverr inbuilt complaint panel. Because your account is completely banned.

Don’t worry, mail them on “support@fiverr.com” with your username and request them to help you out.

They will give you some more chances for verification. Use good camera phone.

If the system still not accepting your id and photo. Send them screen recording of whole verification process done by you and request them to open your account.

They will definitely help you. It may take a week or two or may be within 3-4 days. But you will get your account back.

It took me around 1.5 months but my experience will help you to get it in 3-4 days.

Also mail them respectfully. They will help you.

All the best :slight_smile:

And yes, you will get everything as it is, your reviews, earnings, gigs.

Impressions will go down but it will recover soon.