Account was flagged due to feedback Manipulation

I was receive this warning after i mention 5 star rating on my friend who is seller also on fiverr. I told him my experience on my client, without thinking I’ll type the 5 star rating. Then in evening i receive this message 😦 what can i do.

Hi jasontorrego527,

Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation. Honest and unsolicited feedback is what makes our marketplace trustworthy.
Asking another user to edit or remove feedback, or specifically asking for positive feedback, is not allowed and is a violation of our Terms of Service.

This is your third warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team.
During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order. Our team will keep you posted with any update.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!
The Fiverr team

• Like 3

I was receive this warning after i mention 5 star rating on my friend who is seller also on fiverr. I told him my experience on my client, without thinking I’ll type the 5 star rating. Then in evening i receive this message 😦 what can i do.

Hi jasontorrego527,

Your account was flagged for feedback manipulation. Honest and unsolicited feedback is what makes our marketplace trustworthy.

Asking another user to edit or remove feedback, or specifically asking for positive feedback, is not allowed and is a violation of our Terms of Service.

This is your third warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team.

During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order. Our team will keep you posted with any update.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out at https://support.fiverr.com

Thanks!

The Fiverr team

I told him my experience on my client,

And for the life of me tell me why did you conduct personal chat conversation using Fiverr Platform?

Nothing to do here, I am afraid you are blocked from Fiverr.

• Like 6

I told him my experience on my client,

And for the life of me tell me why did you conduct personal chat conversation using Fiverr Platform?

Nothing to do here, I am afraid you are blocked from Fiverr.

He is also a seller here on fiverr. that’s why i told him my experience on my client and he also give a 2 star rating for that client. that’s why i ask him his experience to that client.

I’ll still open my account but the message and all my gigs are denied. hope there’s a chance to restore it since i mention the 5 star rating accidentally

• Like 3

On 7/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, jasontorrego527 said:

He is also a seller here on fiverr. that’s why i told him my experience on my client and he also give a 2 star rating for that client. that’s why i ask him his experience to that client.

But if the two of you are friends outside of Fiverr, why having a private chat on Fiverr? Why didn’t the two of you talk wherever you’d normally talk? 

And what were your previous warnings for? 

• Like 3

He is also a seller here on fiverr

is your friend , a friend you meet on Fiverr. Or it’s your personal /real-life friend?

On 7/31/2020 at 6:30 AM, catwriter said:

Why didn’t the two of you talk wherever you’d normally talk?

I think he scared that communication outside of Fiverr is not allowed

• Like 4

On 7/31/2020 at 6:32 AM, ze_blender3d said:

He is also a seller here on fiverr

is your friend , a friend you meet on Fiverr. Or it’s your personal /real-life friend?

I’ll meet him on fiverr and he is from pakistan. I saw he give also a 2 star rating on that client that’s why i ask him on his experience. and i also share my experience to him without checking i already type the 5 star rating

Before i talk to my friend meet here on fiverr. i give 1 star rating to that client that i mention on our conversation. and she message me and threat me to report my account. but i try to review the message of the email. I think it’s not connected to that issue. even i saw her account and my review was removed.

• Like 3

This is so disturbing.

It is immoral to conspire with another seller to breach the confidentiality of a buyer. Nothing makes this acceptable and there is no way Fiverr would tolerate it. And you musn’t use the Fiverr chat for anything but sales, yet you are using it to get dirt on a buyer. It’s deeply concerning that you don’t see that this is a problem.

How dare you talk about a buyer to another seller! Why don’t you see why that is wrong?

If you don’t want warnings, be professional and ethical. You should be doing that, anyway.

In any case, you accomplish nothing by talking to sellers about their buyers. Nothing. Accept the rating and move on. Stop trying to justify breaching your buyer’s confidentiality.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:55 AM, ze_blender3d said:

It’s irrelevant. You don’t talk about buyers to anyone for any reason. It’s a breach of confidentiality and highly unprofessional and pointless.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I mistakenly skipped the 1st warning email, Now I can not receive new orders, and my account is under review, Please need guidance, is there any chance to get my account back, Thank you
Asking another user to edit or remove feedback, or specifically asking for positive feedback, is not allowed and is a violation of our [Terms of Service]
This is your second warning and therefore your account is currently restricted and under review by our Trust and Safety team.
During the period of the review, you will be able to complete your active orders. However, you cannot place or receive new orders and you cannot communicate with users, other than your buyers/sellers within an active order. Our team will keep you posted with any updates.

• Like 5

Too bad! That shouldn’t have happened and you should have been more careful when you got your first warning from Trust and Safety Team.
I hope your account should be available to you soon. And my advice to you is to stick to Fiverr’s TOS to avoid your account being permanently banned.

And if you could tell others what process you took that led your account being under restriction so that other sellers can avoid it and for them not to fall into situations like this.

Anyway, hope your account will be set free from restrictions soon.

• Like 6

I think that newbies don’t really understand just how incredibly strict Fiverr is about their TOS

So many sellers come on the forum complaining that they got a warning, and want to know how many more warnings they can get in so many days before it is wiped from their account. Warnings remain on your account and can be seen by Fiverr staff forever! Some argue and complain that it is so unfair because others are offering the same gigs that caused them to get a warning. You will find that Fiverr will be in the process of removing such gigs, and it will only be a matter of time before they a…
  • Like 9

Actually, one of my client gave me 4.7 accidently and apologies me in fiverr inbox, she asked can i change i said contact fiver support, and i get 1st warning and yesterday now i got second warning 😦

4.7 isn’t too bad. But still asking the buyer for such may make a client being pressurized for something they did unknowingly.

You shouldn’t discuss anything regarding review/feedback with a client.

• Like 5

4.7 isn’t too bad. But still asking the buyer for such may make a client being pressurized for something they did unknowingly.

You shouldn’t discuss anything regarding review/feedback with a client.

yes, So what can I do ? will I get my account back ? as I heard about 3rd warnings then peope get permanently blocked

• Like 3

yes, So what can I do ? will I get my account back ? as I heard about 3rd warnings then peope get permanently blocked

Actually, fiverr gives three warnings and the third warning goes along with person’s account. But your account got only 2 warnings. So, you may get your account back when they’re done reviewing it and if they decide to hold it with them. They will let you know why.

• Like 4

Actually, fiverr gives three warnings and the third warning goes along with person’s account. But your account got only 2 warnings. So, you may get your account back when they’re done reviewing it and if they decide to hold it with them. They will let you know why.

But your account got only 2 warnings. So, you may get your account back

No she wouldn’t.

@munazakhan727 I know you ignored fiverr rules however it’s written in TOS that it’s either 3 different warnings or 2 warning for the same violation.

If fiverr will prove that you indeed broke rules you will not get your account back.

• Like 8

Fingers Crossed. I’ll get my account back, Sir one more thing to ask, do I need to contact fiverr support ?

• Like 3

So, I have chances to get my account back ? Do i need to contact fiver support ?

So, I have chances to get my account back ?

Will you keep listening people who are the same as you didn’t read rules and now giving wrong advices?

I will quote myself again 👇

it’s written in TOS that it’s either 3 different warnings or 2 warnings for the same violation.

• Like 6

So, I have chances to get my account back ? Do i need to contact fiver support ?

Whichever decision Trust and Safety Team decides. If they decide to set your account free, they will set it free for you and if they decide to suspend it permanently they will.

As you said your account is under review now. Fiverr will let you know about conclusion regarding your account.

• Like 5

Whichever decision Trust and Safety Team decides. If they decide to set your account free, they will set it free for you and if they decide to suspend it permanently they will.

As you said your account is under review now. Fiverr will let you know about conclusion regarding your account.

Thank You. Fingers Crossed.

• Like 4